PDA

View Full Version : Funny comments on Cub Board from a real fan

kjhanson
06-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Here's an interesting thread on Cubstalk.com:

http://mb3.theinsiders.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=9903.topic

I think the guy makes a lot of vaild points, and I find it funny that they closed down the thread minutes after it started. Seems a few Cub "fans" as they call themselves can not stand to face the truth about their team.

Baby Fisk
06-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Maybe that was posted by UICJason...

itsnotrequired
06-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Is this guy for real?

Subject: Re: From a REAL Cub fan to all you wannabesPosted By: KWMCMPCZSE (http://mb3.theinsiders.com/bchicagocubs.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kwmcmpczse) Cubs Legend
Posted At: 6/30/04 3:58:17 pm If you're such a great Cub fan lets talk about what a great pitcher Billy Jenkins was. Or that great SS Randy Santo was.

And remember the great days of SS Ryne Sandberg?

If what doesn't kill us just makes us stronger us Cub fans must be Arnolds!

Ah yes, the glorious 2 games Sandberg played shortstop while a Cub...

Tekijawa
06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Is this guy for real?

Ah yes, the glorious 2 games Sandberg played shortstop while a Cub...
I Didn't know that Fergies Brother Billy Played for the Cubs along with Ron's brother Randy either.... I think the post would have been in teal here... at least I hope for the sake of that fan it would be!

bobj4400
06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
For those interested, Sox killer Carlos Beltran just hit a homer off the great LaTroy Hawkins to give the Astros the lead in the ninth...

Baby Fisk
06-30-2004, 04:57 PM
For those interested, Sox killer Carlos Beltran just hit a homer off the great LaTroy Hawkins to give the Astros the lead in the ninth...Beltran switched leagues and now he's a Cub Killer. Cubs lose 3-2. We are en route to another perfect day! :yup:

Flight #24
06-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Beltran switched leagues and now he's a Cub Killer. Cubs lose 3-2. We are en route to another perfect day! :yup:
Nah - Cards lost. They're on the verge of being swept by the Pirates of all teams.
Still - 3.5 up is not bad.

SoxFan76
06-30-2004, 05:35 PM
I am now dumber from reading that thread. It is now safe to say that ALL of our stereotypes are true of Cub fans. 95% of the replies were 2 or 3 words, or just a Smiley.

That guy who posted spoke the truth, and he speaks for the few true Cub fans of the world. And what do the rest of the losers do? Do they think to themselves, "Hey, this guy is right. The place is a dump, nobody is there for a baseball game, we might as well just go to a bar." NO!!! They say "ur AN IDOT DOOD, WRIGLEY IS THE BEST PLACE EVER. CUBS INVENTED HARRY CARAY AND TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME"

One guy even said that Cub fans are embarassed to have that guy as a fan!!! What the hell does that say about the Cub fanbase?!?! I say we invite that guy to WSI and make him into a Sox fan.

And by the way, I find the little piece of ivy on the Cubs Talk logo interesting. How many Cub fans do you think know who's idea it was to put ivy on the wall? I'd say not too many.

SOXSINCE'70
06-30-2004, 05:50 PM
For those interested, Sox killer Carlos Beltran just hit a homer off the great LaTroy Hawkins to give the Astros the lead in the ninth...

YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: