PDA

View Full Version : Blockhead on ESPNEWS

Mohoney
06-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Blockhead Campbell was just talking about possible acquisitions on ESPNEWS, division by division. When the AL Central came up, he mentioned C Jason Kendall and RPs John Smoltz, Eddie Guardado, and Ugueth Urbina as possible fits for the White Sox and OF Steve Finley as a possibility for the Twins.

My question is, considering the source, how much of this talk is even plausible? Can anybody with some inside info tell me how much of this can be taken seriously?

SEALgep
06-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Because some teams want to reduce payroll.

Tekijawa
06-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Blockhead Campbell was just talking about possible acquisitions on ESPNEWS, division by division. When the AL Central came up, he mentioned C Jason Kendall and RPs John Smoltz, Eddie Guardado, and Ugueth Urbina as possible fits for the White Sox and OF Steve Finley as a possibility for the Twins.

My question is, considering the source, how much of this talk is even plausible? Can anybody with some inside info tell me how much of this can be taken seriously?
There are plenty here that have inside information, I doubt any would be willing to reveal what they know for fear of outing their Source....

CHISOXFAN13
06-30-2004, 03:11 PM

Why in the world would the Twins want another outfielder. This is a team that is shuffling guys back-and-forth between the big club and AAA and once Stewart comes back, they will have Stewart, Jones, Hunter and Ford.

Whoever said this is clueless.

bigdommer
06-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Why in the world would the Twins want another outfielder. This is a team that is shuffling guys back-and-forth between the big club and AAA and once Stewart comes back, they will have Stewart, Jones, Hunter and Ford.

I agree. If the Twins deal for anyone, which is doubtful, it will be another starter or a middle reliever.

Hokiesox
Well, my Mariner's friend says he'd be happy to give up Guardado. As he put it, "we have no use for him. You have to win games in order to get saves."

I still wouldn't want him.

Tekijawa

ESPN Clueless? come on now!

Mohoney
06-30-2004, 03:16 PM

That's why I said "considering the source." Maybe they know something that we don't know about Stewart? Maybe he won't be back as soon as originally planned?

CHISOXFAN13
06-30-2004, 03:23 PM
That's why I said "considering the source." Maybe they know something that we don't know about Stewart? Maybe he won't be back as soon as originally planned?

They still have Jones, Hunter and Ford. However, if that means Ford being the odd-man out, then I would be all for it.

Mohoney
06-30-2004, 03:37 PM
They still have Jones, Hunter and Ford. However, if that means Ford being the odd-man out, then I would be all for it.

Finley and Jones would both probably spend some time at DH?

I don't get it either, to be honest with you. Finley would actually be a better fit here.

OurBitchinMinny
06-30-2004, 04:05 PM

I dont see why the twins would get finley. They are pretty deep in the OF and need RH bats

Dadawg_77
06-30-2004, 04:09 PM
I would bet money on Ugueth Urbina in a differnt uni by the time the season ends. He was a compete or trade signing. I am not sure about Smoltz or Every Day Eddy. Seattle could keep Eddy for next year's run. Smoltz will be kept if the Braves remain close. He also wants to start next year so any team trading for him will have to deal with that.