PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and Rob Neyer give Sox props

patbooyah
06-30-2004, 02:47 PM
this is from an espn insider article predicting division champs:

AL Central: White Sox
Why? Because the Twins' luck is finally up. In 2002 the Twins outscored their opponents by 56 runs, the White Sox outscored theirs by 58 runs -- and somehow the Twins finished 13½ games ahead of the White Sox. In 2003 the Twins outscored their opponents by 43 runs, the White Sox outscored theirs by 76 runs -- and the Twins finished four games ahead of the White Sox.

Not this year, though. The White Sox have outscored their opponents by 71 runs, the Twins have been <i>outscored</i> by 18 runs -- and they're tied in the standings. That's two seasons and three months of <i>strange</i>, and what I'm telling you is that it's just not going to persist. The White Sox were significantly better than the Twins <i>before</i> they got Freddy Garcia, and within two months the Sox will have a six-game lead. At least.

just confirming what we know.

Tekijawa
06-30-2004, 02:58 PM
just confirming what we know.
But I thought that we were in desperate need for a catcher?

OzzieBall2004
06-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks for putting that article up...Im not an InSider on ESPN, so I didnt have access to it. Its nice to see that. Too bad Gammons and Reynolds who predicted we'd finish 3rd have yet to eat their crow....
The again though, we gotta take this one game at a time. As we all know, 90% of the media had the (s)C(r)ubs in the WS, and we all know that isn't happening...(Unless of course we make it, then they're allowed to make it that far

fquaye149
06-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks for putting that article up...Im not an InSider on ESPN, so I didnt have access to it. Its nice to see that. Too bad Gammons and Reynolds who predicted we'd finish 3rd have yet to eat their crow....
The again though, we gotta take this one game at a time. As we all know, 90% of the media had the (s)C(r)ubs in the WS, and we all know that isn't happening...(Unless of course we make it, then they're allowed to make it that far
actually Reynolds predicted us for fourth cuz he knows anything about the game of baseball.

(wait they use a bat? and a ball?)

patbooyah
06-30-2004, 04:04 PM
here is an article from someone in mini-sota. it rips on kenny a little, stating that this trade probably wont win the sox a world series. it also glorifies the twins.

also found through insider:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/4853547.html

kind of snotty, IMO

The Cheat
06-30-2004, 05:10 PM
here is an article from someone in mini-sota. it rips on kenny a little, stating that this trade probably wont win the sox a world series. it also glorifies the twins.

kind of snotty, IMO
Translation. They're scared.

Kogs35
06-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Translation. They're scared.
they are very scared

mike squires
06-30-2004, 05:15 PM
I thought the same thing last year fellas~With the addition of Alomar, Everitt and Sulivan...I agree, let's take it one game at a time. I've been a Sox fan long enough to know not to count on anything.

Flight #24
06-30-2004, 05:18 PM

kind of snotty, IMO
Moronic. "because they've made trades that haven't worked out, this one may not". "Sometimes trades work out, sometimes they don't".

I've seen more substance in a Seinfeld episode.

mcfish
06-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Moronic. "because they've made trades that haven't worked out, this one may not". "Sometimes trades work out, sometimes they don't".

I've seen more substance in a Seinfeld episode.
"What's the deal with the Garcia trade? Not that there's anything wrong with that."

patbooyah
06-30-2004, 06:55 PM
i feel like the article was written by moron-not-a-he's cousin up in minnie-sota. he is still trying to bust into a bigger market.

munchman33
06-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Too bad Gammons and Reynolds who predicted we'd finish 3rd have yet to eat their crow....

Didn't you hear? Today on Sportscenter, Gammons changed his mind and predicted us to win the World Series.

And no, that's not in teal.

Malgar 12
06-30-2004, 09:47 PM
I thought the same thing last year fellas~With the addition of Alomar, Everitt and Sulivan...I agree, let's take it one game at a time. I've been a Sox fan long enough to know not to count on anything.
Can I get an AMEN!:bandance:

doublem23
06-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Didn't you hear? Today on Sportscenter, Gammons changed his mind and predicted us to win the World Series.

When he said, "Sox," are you sure he wasn't talking about his beloved Red variety.

:boston
Yeah, we may be getting our asses handed to us by the Yankees, but since when did you have to go through them to win the World Series? Am I right folks?

Tavarin
06-30-2004, 10:57 PM
When he said, "Sox," are you sure he wasn't talking about his beloved Red variety.

:boston
Yeah, we may be getting our asses handed to us by the Yankees, but since when did you have to go through them to win the World Series? Am I right folks?

Actually, he picked the Red Sox to be beaten out by the A's for the Wild Card.

His direct quote was "I actually told someone in the hall that the White Sox were going to win the World Series."

Please change your mind Gammons, we don't need a bandwagon :cool:

Soxzilla
06-30-2004, 11:23 PM
Actually, he picked the Red Sox to be beaten out by the A's for the Wild Card.

His direct quote was "I actually told someone in the hall that the White Sox were going to win the World Series."

Please change your mind Gammons, we don't need a bandwagon :cool:
Oh ****. There go our chances.:whiner: :whiner:

:dtroll:

Iguana775
06-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Oh ****. There go our chances.:whiner: :whiner:

:dtroll:
It's almost as bad as being on SI.