PDA

View Full Version : Golfing with the oldtimers..

steff
06-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Not sure where this goes..

On Monday I went up to Lake Geneva for the yearly MLBPAA Golf outing. The usual suspects where there and a bunch of others I had never met before. Great time as usual. The climax of my night.. besides hanging with my boyfriend Carlton.. :redface: .. was my high bid on Tom Seavers game worn jersey from when he pitched #300 on 8/4/85, which Carlton caught. It cost me an arm & a leg.. but my sweetie signed it for me also so now it's a one of a kind!!

Carlton looks fab, as usual. And no.. still no chance in hell he's coming back.:whiner:

Lip Man 1
06-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Steff:

Let me toss this out to you to see if you can help. I don't know if Carlton knows about this web site but it has always been a fantasy of mine to see if he'd be willing to do an interview.

Could you ask him? I'd suggest if possible telling him where he can find the interviews so that he'd have a better idea of what's going on. It also wouldn't hurt to let him know that I have interviewed his former teammates like Vance Law, Jerry Koosman, Ron Kittle, Donn Pall and Jack McDowell.

Just a thought.

Lip

steff
06-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Steff:

Let me toss this out to you to see if you can help. I don't know if Carlton knows about this web site but it has always been a fantasy of mine to see if he'd be willing to do an interview.

Could you ask him? I'd suggest if possible telling him where he can find the interviews so that he'd have a better idea of what's going on. It also wouldn't hurt to let him know that I have interviewed his former teammates like Vance Law, Jerry Koosman, Ron Kittle, Donn Pall and Jack McDowell.

Just a thought.

Lip

I have no problem asking him at all. I won't see him again until the start of August though.

Brian26
06-30-2004, 02:13 PM
The climax of my night.. besides hanging with my boyfriend Carlton.. :redface: .. was my high bid on Tom Seavers game worn jersey from when he pitched #300 on 8/4/85, which Carlton caught. It cost me an arm & a leg.. but my sweetie signed it for me also so now it's a one of a kind!!

WOW. What an unbelievable piece of memorabilia. I'm afraid to ask you how much that cost. PM is you're not too embarrassed to say :D: That's got to get framed and put up on the wall asap.

By the way, did Seaver sign it too? Or just Pudge?

steff
06-30-2004, 02:58 PM
WOW. What an unbelievable piece of memorabilia. I'm afraid to ask you how much that cost. PM is you're not too embarrassed to say :D: That's got to get framed and put up on the wall asap.

By the way, did Seaver sign it too? Or just Pudge?

Yea.. Seaver signed it. It's unreal.

It cost... a lot. :whistle:

Lip Man 1
06-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Steff:

Here's my e-mail address and phone number. If Fisk wants to do it have him contact me. I'll get right back to him and set up a time and a day that works for him.

mliptak1@ida.net

208-237-9217

I don't want him to have to pay for the call so if he can just leave me a way to get in touch with him, I'll get right back to him.

Lip