PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, over in Pittsburgh...

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2001, 10:10 PM
The Flubs have very quickly blown a 5-0 lead, and now the Pirates have the bases loaded in the 6th, with the score tied 5-5.

Yes, those Pirates are a good team -- *****!

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
The Flubs have very quickly blown a 5-0 lead, and now the Pirates have the bases loaded in the 6th, with the score tied 5-5.

Yes, those Pirates are a good team -- *****!

:moron
Cheeses did you see when Sammy was robbed of a homer?

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2001, 10:19 PM
No, I've just been flipping around all night -- mostly CNN. I figured the Pirates were phoning it in when I saw the 5-0 score.

What happened to the Shaminator?

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
What happened to the Shaminator?

He hit one off the railing they have in right field and I guess the ball bounced over. (I only saw one replay) Similar to the play on Sunday at Enron. When the umps decided that the ball did not go over the fence the fans booed and Chimp said "The fans here in Pittsburgh want to see Sammy circle the bases". Sosa was standing on first base, and looked upset with the call. I find it odd he was only on first when he should have been at 2nd.

:moron
He thought it was gone and did his hop.

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2001, 10:31 PM
Oh man, that's juicy, and just one day after the Alou home run! Classic! And with Sam-ME just on first, too -- I'm sure he was thinking "only one more 'til 60!" as soon as he hit it.

Gives Flub fan conspiracists more grist for the mill, that's for sure. Gotta love it.