PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Question

Maximo
06-30-2004, 09:54 AM
I need some help here. Got into a discussion last night with a fellow Sox fan.........yes, there's more than one of us here in SW Michigan........and we weren't positive of the answer.

At the risk of being presumptious.......how do they seed the 3 division champs and the wildcard winner for the playoffs? Does the wildcard team automatically meet up with the team with best overall record in the league during the first round? What happens if these two teams are from the same division? Example......the Red Sox and the Yankees?

Like I said, it may be too early to think about this, but we were out late and getting fairly hammered on Sox kool-aid. Thanks for the input.

Max

Soxaholic
06-30-2004, 10:01 AM
The wild card winner is suppossed to play the team with the best record of all the division winners. The only exception to that rule is if the wild card winner comes from the same divison as the team with the best record. It then goes by who has the second best record plays the wild card and so on. I hope that helps.

Maximo
06-30-2004, 10:02 AM
The wild card winner is suppossed to play the team with the best record of all the division winners. The only exception to that rule is if the wild card winner comes from the same divison as the team with the best record. It then goes by who has the second best record plays the wild card and so on. I hope that helps.
Thanks....it does.