PDA

View Full Version : 7 months of Maggs Rumors....

Brian26
06-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Just thinking about this last night...how many teams has Mags been rumored to be going to since the beginning of the year?

1. Maggs to Boston in return for Nomar as part of a 3-way deal w/ Texas.

2. Maggs to Anaheim for some combination of Washburn and Erstad.

3. Maggs to the Dodgers for Odallis Perez, Mota and Edwin Jackson.

4. Maggs to Atlanta for Jones and Ortiz.

5. Maggs to Arizona for Randy Johnson and Finley.

Anything else?

Tekijawa
06-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Just thinking about this last night...how many teams has Mags been rumored to be going to since the beginning of the year?

1. Maggs to Boston in return for Nomar as part of a 3-way deal w/ Texas.

2. Maggs to Anaheim for some combination of Washburn and Erstad.

3. Maggs to the Dodgers for Odallis Perez, Mota and Edwin Jackson.

4. Maggs to Atlanta for Jones and Ortiz.

5. Maggs to Arizona for Randy Johnson and Finley.

Anything else?
Haven't heard #5... when was that one suggested?

jabrch
06-30-2004, 09:10 AM
and where do I sign? QUICKLY

Tekijawa
06-30-2004, 09:28 AM
and where do I sign? QUICKLYI'd even pitch in some cash for that one, Pack Magglio's bags and move him down there, then pack Randy and Steve's bags and move them in up here

34 Inch Stick
06-30-2004, 10:32 AM
That Dodger deal looks preety good in retrospect as well. It would have solved both the 5th starter problems we have today and relegated Koch to reserve status very quickly. Takatsu, Mota and Marte in the bullpen would have been lights out in 8-9 innings.

MRKARNO
06-30-2004, 10:37 AM
That Dodger deal looks preety good in retrospect as well. It would have solved both the 5th starter problems we have today and relegated Koch to reserve status very quickly. Takatsu, Mota and Marte in the bullpen would have been lights out in 8-9 innings.
But Edwin Jackson hasnt done crap this year. Still I agree with you on the bullpen part except that I think they would have been good for 7, 8 and 9. Odalis Perez mightve negated the need for Garcia

fquaye149
06-30-2004, 02:13 PM
But Edwin Jackson hasnt done crap this year.
teach him the ways of the cutter, coop

34 Inch Stick
06-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Since the Dodgers were such a good source of pass time during the off season why don't we start the rumors up with them again. Perez, Mota and Green for Ordonez.

Philo-Sox-er
06-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Since the Dodgers were such a good source of pass time during the off season why don't we start the rumors up with them again. Perez, Mota and Green for Ordonez.

Dodgers won't part with Mota; and Green has simply sucked.

Jerome
06-30-2004, 04:53 PM
It's obvious to me that KW wants to win now. Magglio's bat for the next three months will be more valuable than any of those possibilties. (I've never heard of a Magglio for Randy Johnson+Finley, and besides, JR would never take on an aging pitcher who has that kind of money coming to him.) I think Kenny believes that Rowand and Borchard are going to be good, and that Maggs is expenable. But if he told that to the media, what kind of hell would he be facing from the media and Sox fans? I say go for it this year, try to re sign him next year, and if he walks, pick up a good player with the compensation pick.

munchman33
06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
It was a Phil Rogers Tribune article in late April.

Brian26
06-30-2004, 09:29 PM
It was a Phil Rogers Tribune article in late April.
Thanks, Munch :D: I was beginning to question myself. I think we discussed it here in depth.

munchman33
06-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks, Munch :D: I was beginning to question myself. I think we discussed it here in depth.
No problem...I only remembered because at the time I thought that deal was a terrible idea. Didn't expect Finley to continue his pace.

StockdaleForVeep
07-01-2004, 12:11 AM
It was the Cubune who suggested the johnson\magz trade, it was 1-2 starts after Johnson threw his perfect game.

Doesnt #1 not count since this trade tech was a done deal but mlb interfered and stopped the negotiations?