PDA

View Full Version : Song Suggestion For Nancy...

DrCrawdad
06-29-2004, 10:26 PM
In addition to the excellent entrance video, here's something for Nancy to play for our closer...

Nancy plays the tune BINGO (http://www.divtune.com/s/bingo_.mid) and the crowd sings, instead of B-I-N-G-O the crowd sings SH-I-N-G-O. The "SH" would should sound like what you say to your kids, "SH!"

I know, I've got way too much time on my hands.

:bandance: :supernana:

TornLabrum
06-29-2004, 11:44 PM
In addition to the excellent entrance video, here's something for Nancy to play for our closer...

Nancy plays the tune BINGO (http://www.divtune.com/s/bingo_.mid) and the crowd sings, instead of B-I-N-G-O the crowd sings SH-I-N-G-O. The "SH" would should sound like what you say to your kids, "SH!"

And Nancy doesn't play anything for the Sox now, thanks to Mr. Gallas, either when pitchers enter or when Sox batters come to the plate. However, I'll pass this along to her anyway.

Blueprint1
06-29-2004, 11:46 PM
They really should let her play more

kingpin_rcs
06-29-2004, 11:47 PM
I had the same thoght but you beat me too it. On the surface it sounds kind of corny but if the crowd started to sing and get into it, it could be really cool. Especially when every body claps instead of the singing the letters.

Somebody should email the new marketing guy (does Nancy have an email address?)

CJLove23
06-29-2004, 11:47 PM

Quick! Copyright that! It's stuck in my head already:supernana::supernana::supernana:

kingpin_rcs
06-29-2004, 11:50 PM
~~GONG!~~
There was a pithcer from Japan
An Shingo was his name-o
SH-I-N-G-O
SH-I-N-G-O
SH-I-N-G-O
and Shingo was his name-o

This could really catch on

WSox8404
06-30-2004, 12:21 AM
~~GONG!~~
There was a pithcer from Japan
An Shingo was his name-o
SH-I-N-G-O
SH-I-N-G-O
SH-I-N-G-O
and Shingo was his name-o

This could really catch on
Great. Now that is stuck in my head. It is quite good though. Actually it is hilarious. :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

TornLabrum
06-30-2004, 12:24 AM
I emailed the idea to Nancy. And Blueprint is right. They should let her play more.

MUsoxfan
06-30-2004, 12:46 AM
This is an old idea. When Parcells made his "racist" comments a while back, my buddy went on our fantasy message board and posted the following....

The White Sox have a Jap and Shingo is his name-o. S-H-IN-G-O, S-H-IN-GO, S-H-IN-GO, and Shingo is his name-o.

I laughed quite hard. But I may the most politically incorrect person on the face of the earth

socksgirl79
06-30-2004, 12:48 AM
I emailed the idea to Nancy. And Blueprint is right. They should let her play more.
what is Nancy's email address. I have been wanting to get in touch with her for a very long time now.

TornLabrum
06-30-2004, 01:32 AM
what is Nancy's email address. I have been wanting to get in touch with her for a very long time now.
It's her personal email address, and I really don't feel comfortable giving that out. Sorry.

StockdaleForVeep
06-30-2004, 01:41 AM

Becareful, the pc'ers may claim this is offensive to people who cant spell or rhyme.

DrCrawdad
06-30-2004, 05:41 AM

A favorite memory of mine from the old park is the way the crowd responded to Nancy playing. IIRC there were quite a few sing-along type of things that she played.

Thanks for emailing it TL.

oldcomiskey
06-30-2004, 06:52 AM

how bout the old Peter Wolf song called Lights Out--God I never thougt I would hear Myself say I wanted to hear that

GoSox2K3
06-30-2004, 08:35 AM
I emailed the idea to Nancy. And Blueprint is right. They should let her play more.It's really a shame that they don't let her play more. I remember at the final years at old Comiskey and the first few years at new Comiskey she would play songs like "Classical Gas" in between innings or when a Sox relief pitcher was coming in. I thought that was COOL! You'd never hear something like that from Wrigley's cheesy organist. I've been to a few games this year, and I hardly notice her at all. The canned music they have is really cranked up in volume so that I can't even hear what my friends are saying when we try to talk in between innings but then when Nancy plays it's not very noticable. When Sox players hit HRs, they used to have Nancy's "Kiss 'em Goodbye" BOOMING throught the park and it was very exciting. Now, I don't know if they even play that during HRs anymore. I guess the Sox don't need to stick with that silly tradition anymore since it was so unpopular!

I just don't get it. Baseball has gone through a retro-mania phase over the last 10 or 15 years where just about every team (major or minor league) is trying to embrace an old-fashioned ballpark feel. Yet, the Sox are ignoring their own treasure in Nancy and their own few, remaining traditions and going with loud, taped pop music because they are convinced that that's what the fans like. So instead of creating a more inviting baseball atmosphere, it reinforces the perception that Sox Park is modern, generic and sterile. The stupidity there is just staggering! You know that if Nancy ever went to work for the Cubs that they would make her a key part of the ballpark experience and make sure that everyone knows and appreciates her talents.

Is there anyone at the Sox we can contact to complain about this?

bennyw41
06-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Becareful, the pc'ers may claim this is offensive to people who cant spell or rhyme.
You're a moron.

StillMissOzzie
06-30-2004, 10:29 AM
I emailed the idea to Nancy. And Blueprint is right. They should let her play more.I understand not releasing her personal e-m address. How about forwarding a few more ideas, then:

Garcia's first home start: "Do the Freddie" - Freddie & the Dreamers
Shingo's next save: "Saved by Zero" - The Fixx

SMO
:gulp:

DrummerGeorgefan
06-30-2004, 12:06 PM
I understand not releasing her personal e-m address. How about forwarding a few more ideas, then:

Garcia's first home start: "Do the Freddie" - Freddie & the Dreamers
Shingo's next save: "Saved by Zero" - The Fixx

SMO
:gulp:
I only know the words to Run Around Sue because of Nancy. We stopped by her booth one day and she played it why I sang it. (I was like 7 at the time). She should play that more, maybe have a Sox Sing along in the 8 inning or during a pitching change. Gotta let the beer get to the vocal cords first.

TornLabrum
06-30-2004, 05:13 PM
It's really a shame that they don't let her play more. I remember at the final years at old Comiskey and the first few years at new Comiskey she would play songs like "Classical Gas" in between innings or when a Sox relief pitcher was coming in. I thought that was COOL! You'd never hear something like that from Wrigley's cheesy organist. I've been to a few games this year, and I hardly notice her at all. The canned music they have is really cranked up in volume so that I can't even hear what my friends are saying when we try to talk in between innings but then when Nancy plays it's not very noticable. When Sox players hit HRs, they used to have Nancy's "Kiss 'em Goodbye" BOOMING throught the park and it was very exciting. Now, I don't know if they even play that during HRs anymore. I guess the Sox don't need to stick with that silly tradition anymore since it was so unpopular!

I just don't get it. Baseball has gone through a retro-mania phase over the last 10 or 15 years where just about every team (major or minor league) is trying to embrace an old-fashioned ballpark feel. Yet, the Sox are ignoring their own treasure in Nancy and their own few, remaining traditions and going with loud, taped pop music because they are convinced that that's what the fans like. So instead of creating a more inviting baseball atmosphere, it reinforces the perception that Sox Park is modern, generic and sterile. The stupidity there is just staggering! You know that if Nancy ever went to work for the Cubs that they would make her a key part of the ballpark experience and make sure that everyone knows and appreciates her talents.

Is there anyone at the Sox we can contact to complain about this?
I'd contact Brooks Boyer.

DrCrawdad
07-11-2004, 09:18 PM
I just watched today's game. I had taped it since I was working during the game.

So then when Olerud hit the fly out to Aaron after the gong sound (which I love) I could swear that I heard Nancy playing Bingo or as I like it SH-I-N-G-O!

Get the word out so my fellow Sox fans will sing along!

If that was what Nancy played, then I'm so darn proud of myself!

Mickster
07-11-2004, 09:38 PM
I just watched today's game. I had taped it since I was working during the game.

So then when Olerud hit the fly out to Aaron after the gong sound (which I love) I could swear that I heard Nancy playing Bingo or as I like it SH-I-N-G-O!

Get the word out so my fellow Sox fans will sing along!

If that was what Nancy played, then I'm so darn proud of myself!
Be proud. Nancy played it Friday and Sunday.

TornLabrum
07-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Nancy really liked the Bingo/Shingo idea, and I told her last night that I'd heard her play it on the game telecast. For the record, she played it last night, too. Especially after I reported that some of the WSI crew had posted that they were singing along. Her response was, "Maybe we can start something."

Somebody suggested "Shingo Bells" the other day, but she wasn't very sure about that. Her exact words: "Do you think that's close enough?" I told her I thought so, but I didn't hear it last night. I heard Chopsticks and Bingo.

EDIT: Also for the record, I did not take credit for the Bingo idea. I told her it was suggested by Dr. Crawdad on the WSI message boards.

DrCrawdad
07-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Nancy really liked the Bingo/Shingo idea, and I told her last night that I'd heard her play it on the game telecast. For the record, she played it last night, too. Especially after I reported that some of the WSI crew had posted that they were singing along. Her response was, "Maybe we can start something."

Somebody suggested "Shingo Bells" the other day, but she wasn't very sure about that. Her exact words: "Do you think that's close enough?" I told her I thought so, but I didn't hear it last night. I heard Chopsticks and Bingo.

EDIT: Also for the record, I did not take credit for the Bingo idea. I told her it was suggested by Dr. Crawdad on the WSI message boards.

Hal,

Thanks for relaying the idea to Nancy. I missed the song on Friday & Saturday, as I didn't watch the games only listened on a tiny (but mighty) transitor radio. As I watched the game on tape tonight I just barely heard the sound of "SH-I-N-G-O." THAT WAS SO COOL!

Relay one more thing to Nancy, how 'bout three tickets for Crawdad, Crawmom & Crawannie?

TornLabrum
07-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Hal,

Thanks for relaying the idea to Nancy. I missed the song on Friday & Saturday, as I didn't watch the games only listened on a tiny (but mighty) transitor radio. As I watched the game on tape tonight I just barely heard the sound of "SH-I-N-G-O." THAT WAS SO COOL!

Relay one more thing to Nancy, how 'bout three tickets for Crawdad, Crawmom & Crawannie?
Doc, I think that has as much chance of flying as the proverbial lead balloon. I consider Nancy to be a friend, but we ain't anywhere near that close.

DrCrawdad
07-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Doc, I think that has as much chance of flying as the proverbial lead balloon. I consider Nancy to be a friend, but we ain't anywhere near that close.

"Lead balloon?" How about Led Zeppelin, following the whimsical musical theme.