idseer
06-29-2004, 09:17 PM
0.92 !

Palehose13
06-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Great game. Good pitching. Timely hitting. :bandance:

owensmouth
06-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Buehrle man, then Shingo. Good hitting, some power, We won the first of our three wins here. Tomorrow's our new guy. Let's go Freddie

Blob
06-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Awesome! First place feels much better!

Even if it is a tie...It's still first!

HomeFish
06-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Timo is a true baseball god. The best Right Fielder in Chicago right now.

Blob
06-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Timo is a true baseball god. The best Right Fielder in Chicago right now.
He loves Silva!

ode to veeck
06-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Sox 40-33 .548
Twinks 41-34 .547
Marlins fans, realizing the truth about Koch

Nick@Nite
06-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Winning the first game of this series is huge. Glad to see Burly-mon pitch well... the future is Now!

WT GO SOX!!!
:supernana:

Mots09
06-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Simply put he just went out and dealed a gem.

He was getting ahead hitters which is the biggest thing in pitching. In turn he was then able to get them fishing for some bad pitches and rack up some K's!!

Let's hope this is Mark turning point for the rest of the year!:dtroll:

MRKARNO
06-29-2004, 09:25 PM
That Felix Diaz game might just be the turning point of our season. We were 3 games out and looking like we might be 4-5 out pretty soon. Diaz beat the heavily favored Zambrano and then we won the next two, while the Twins lost 3 in a row and now we're back in first! Here's hoping we dont relinquish it for the rest of the year! We havent had an extended winning streak (think 5 games) the whole year because of the 5th starter spot. Maybe we can sweep the Twins and get our first one started by a pitcher outside of Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland, Schoe and Garcia

Iguana775
06-29-2004, 09:27 PM
woo hoo!!:supernana: :dtroll:

Iguana775
06-29-2004, 09:28 PM
the NO walks.

awesome, burly!!

Harris=God
06-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Great game Mark!!!:D:

Blob
06-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Awesome, simply AWESOME!

Let's hope this sparks the WHOLE team!

TimoPerez
06-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Yay, Timo!

Johnny Mostil
06-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Was anybody besides me (somewhat) surprised to see Shingo in the 9th? Why use him to close out a 4-run lead? Or was he meant to be a "statement"?

MRKARNO
06-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Was anybody besides me (somewhat) surprised to see Shingo in the 9th? Why use him to close out a 4-run lead? Or was he meant to be a "statement"?
5 run lead it would have been Cotts. Takatsu was already warming, so it just made sense to have him pitch and keep him fresh seeing that he hasnt pitched since Saturday

Viva Magglio
06-29-2004, 09:37 PM
That was a good, solid win. Let's repeat the same thing Wednesday night.

kojak
06-29-2004, 09:41 PM
As bad of a June as we have had and a win tomorrow puts us at 12-13 for the month- our toughest month of the year.

A very nice recovery, I'd say!

rockfordsox
06-29-2004, 09:47 PM
That is exactly what we needed after the cubs series we needed to come out strong against the twins. Mark B did what he needed to get ahead of hitters and when he got some runs he shut down the opposition. GO SOX and good luck Freddy G

Daver
06-29-2004, 09:49 PM
That is exactly what we needed after the cubs series we needed to come out strong against the twins. Mark B did what he needed to get ahead of hitters and when he got some runs he shut down the opposition. GO SOX and good luck Freddy G

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Vernam
06-29-2004, 10:02 PM
That Felix Diaz game might just be the turning point of our season. We were 3 games out and looking like we might be 4-5 out pretty soon. Diaz beat the heavily favored Zambrano and then we won the next two, while the Twins lost 3 in a row and now we're back in first! Good call! If you believe Mike Downey, that might have been a pivotal game for the franchise's future, not just this season. I'm hard-pressed to remember a more dramatic turnaround than what happened to the Sox and Flubs last week.

I'm in Madison on business -- thank god for mlbtv.com. :gulp: Watched the whole Sox game, and am now watching Miguel playing for Seattle. Just flew out to right.

Vernam

npdempse
06-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Very sweet win--but is anybody else as scared as me of Joe Mauer now? He looks like he can live up to the hype, and he'll be doing it against us for a long time.

SoxxoS
06-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Very sweet win--but is anybody else as scared as me of Joe Mauer now? He looks like he can live up to the hype, and he'll be doing it against us for a long time.
You can't worry about everything.

chisox06
06-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Wow the sox went from playing their worst ball of the year to their best. Buehrle OWNS the Twinkies and showed it again tonight. 1st place in June were no longer playing catch up. Man after the 1st game of the cubs series we were 3 games out with Diaz pitching next, now 3 games later were tied for 1st. The Diaz game and the rest of the flub series I think could be the turning point of the whole year. Lets get 2 more and then I'll be ecstatic. GOOOO SOX!!:gulp:

SoxxoS
06-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Everyone was ready to jump off a cliff last week at this time, too.

Skorch
06-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Nice win for your Sox tonight. I was disappointed the Twins couldn't put up more runs, but I guess they've got a theme going this month...

At least Silva did better against you this time than he did in his previous two starts against you. I have no idea why he was brought out to pitch the 8th, let alone the 9th, but then again I'm not being paid to make these decisions.

Shingo was very impressive, I was sort of hoping to get a good look at him (but then again not, because I know what it means when he's in the game). He threw a nice 66 MPH change-up to Mauer that he took for a ball, but the difference in speed was pretty staggering even from way out in the cheap seats.

Mauer got two hits tonight, which I was happy to see. He should switch spots with Mientkiewicz in the lineup, Doug is batting around .230 right now. Better yet, Morneau should be called back up to DH and LeCroy could play first.

That's all, you're not here to see me ruminate on what I think the Twins should do. Congrats on the win tonight.

MRKARNO
06-29-2004, 10:43 PM
That's all, you're not here to see me ruminate on what I think the Twins should do.
Well I think we all find it intersting to see what Twins fans are feeling about their own club.

Skorch
06-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Well I think we all find it intersting to see what Twins fans are feeling about their own club.

Probably some of you, after all, that's why *I'm* here, to get a reading on the pulse of Sox fans. I'd been lurking for at least a year before I ever even registered.

I can't speak for all Twins fans, but I personally am not too concerned. The big problem is offense, as in a complete lack of it. It's not just Buerhle that's shut us down pretty effectively lately, but also the Brewers, Red Sox, Phillies, Mets, and Tigers that have made the Twins look like they're lost at the plate. The games they won in most of those series' have largely been due to excellent starting pitching. I thought they'd gotten their hitting groove back during the Montreal series, but evidently not.

The hitting will come back around, they had 9 hits tonight, but only 2 runs to show for them. Hopefully the pitching can stay hot when the O actually figures out how to bunch the hits together and score runs again. There's still over half the season left to play.

Johnny Mostil
06-29-2004, 11:02 PM
5 run lead it would have been Cotts. Takatsu was already warming, so it just made sense to have him pitch and keep him fresh seeing that he hasnt pitched since Saturday
I was wondering if 5 was the magic number. Thanks, Mr. K., for confirming I'm not completely nuts.

havelj
06-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Here's two stats from the game:

5 of 6 RBIs after two outs.
Only 2 of Buehrle's 24 outs were flyouts in the outfield.
Impressive.

:thumbsup:

kcsportscaster
06-29-2004, 11:14 PM
OH YEAH!!!! Great win by DA SOX Tuesday night to get them in first place by mere percentage points!!!! How about Mark Buehrle with his eight strong innings with his seven K's. Even though I was only able to watch highlights on SportsCenter, I saw enough to know that Buehrle was on a roll Tuesday night. He really needed that type of outing after struggling in his last few outings. I also love how they are getting it done offensively lately without Maggs, who may, and I stress MAY, get back into the lineup in time for this weekend's series with the Flubbies.

However, Tuesday night's win is NOT enough!!!! DA SOX NEED TO
CONTINUE THE MOMENTUM WITH GARCIA MAKING HIS FIRST START WEDNESDAY SINCE THE TRADE AND TAKE THE LAST TWO FROM THE TWINKIES TO SHOW THE BASEBALL WORLD AND THE FLUBBIE BIASED CHICAGO MEDIA, THAT THEY ARE SERIOUS CONTENDERS, WILL WIN THE A-L
CENTRAL, AND PLAY DEEP INTO OCTOBER!!!!

GO SOX!!!!

Later on,

Ken Coleman

SSN721
06-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Wow, what a nice win. I am very pleased, Burlymon was just awesome tonight. So glad to see him put in a strong outing after he has had a few weak ones in a row previously. We needed this win very badly. I was a little bit nervous that perhaps the emotional high of taking those last two from the Cubs at home might give them a little hangover but I guess the day off was enough to refocus on the job at hand. Great win boys, lets keep it going, good luck to Freddy tonight. :bandance:

delben91
06-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Probably some of you, after all, that's why *I'm* here, to get a reading on the pulse of Sox fans. I'd been lurking for at least a year before I ever even registered.

I can't speak for all Twins fans, but I personally am not too concerned. The big problem is offense, as in a complete lack of it. It's not just Buerhle that's shut us down pretty effectively lately, but also the Brewers, Red Sox, Phillies, Mets, and Tigers that have made the Twins look like they're lost at the plate. The games they won in most of those series' have largely been due to excellent starting pitching. I thought they'd gotten their hitting groove back during the Montreal series, but evidently not.

The hitting will come back around, they had 9 hits tonight, but only 2 runs to show for them. Hopefully the pitching can stay hot when the O actually figures out how to bunch the hits together and score runs again. There's still over half the season left to play.

Great game by the Sox, most notably Buehrle tonight. Hate to agree with a Twins fan but I agree that I don't think the Twins are going anywhere. I'm betting this will be neck-and-neck all season.

That said...

GO SOX!!

SoxxoS
06-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Great game by the Sox, most notably Buehrle tonight. Hate to agree with a Twins fan but I agree that I don't think the Twins are going anywhere. I'm betting this will be neck-and-neck all season.

That said...

GO SOX!!
It is against baseball theory that the Twins keep winning at their current pace. They have been outscored by 17 runs...no way their current winning percentage keeps up unless they improve dramatically. To put this in perspective, we have outscored opponents by 71 runs, AND have a good record in 1 run games...yet we are still tied with the Twins. Call me:
:cleo

But it's not going to last forever.

A.T. Money
06-30-2004, 08:19 AM
http://www.actionfig.com/simpsons/db/data/1012547394_7610.jpg

Skorch
06-30-2004, 09:50 AM
It is against baseball theory that the Twins keep winning at their current pace. They have been outscored by 17 runs...no way their current winning percentage keeps up unless they improve dramatically. To put this in perspective, we have outscored opponents by 71 runs, AND have a good record in 1 run games...yet we are still tied with the Twins. Call me:
:cleo

But it's not going to last forever.
Theory is one thing, but the game doesn't get played by computers and scientists. :smile:

The Twins were outscored 786-806 in 1987. Their actual record was 85-77; Pythagorean, 79-83. They went on to win the World Series.

I am in no way, in my drunkest, most insane and delusional fantasies saying that the Twins are going to do it again. I'm just pointing out it's happened before.