PDA

View Full Version : Cubs game Friday, July 2nd...who's going?

Bruck35
06-29-2004, 04:32 PM
I know there's already a thread started about going to Saturday, July 3rd's game, so I'll start one regarding Friday, July 2nd's game.

Is anyone else going???

I've never been to any of the bars around the urinal, so which ones are the best to go to or are most likely to have some Sox fans? Any help/advice would be much appreciated! :gulp:

Mickster
06-29-2004, 04:46 PM
I know there's already a thread started about going to Saturday, July 3rd's game, so I'll start one regarding Friday, July 2nd's game.

Is anyone else going???

I've never been to any of the bars around the urinal, so which ones are the best to go to or are most likely to have some Sox fans? Any help/advice would be much appreciated! :gulp:
Going. Right behind the Flubs dugout!!! :smile:

IlliniSox
06-29-2004, 05:21 PM
I went to a joint last year, to the right as you get off the Red Line on your right. Good times, lots of Sox fans but I can't think of the name. Went to Cubby Bear too, just to rattle some cages.

I'm open for a new place, if someone knows a cool place.

havelj
06-29-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm there with 3 other Sox fans in lower deck - Bartman area.

Muopsies
06-29-2004, 05:43 PM
I'll be there in the same area as the Bartman seats, although many rows up from it. Who's pitching Friday?

Foulke You
06-29-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm going, I'll be in the Upper Deck. I'm praying I'm not behind a post.:D:

Of course, I may faint at the sight of the shrine. All of the ivy and Cub history will be overwhelming to me. Also, I'll finally be in a safe family environment where everyone is friendly to you.

jackbrohamer
06-29-2004, 06:12 PM
I'm going, I'll be in the Upper Deck. I'm praying I'm not behind a post.:D:

Of course, I may faint at the sight of the shrine. All of the ivy and Cub history will be overwhelming to me. Also, I'll finally be in a safe family environment where everyone is friendly to you.
LMAO, for once I can see a game without having to wear a "coat of armor and arrange for my phalanx of bodyguards" like Moronotti said on Friday he'd need at the Cell!

inta
06-29-2004, 06:31 PM
I'll be there with my dad in right field lower deck area.

as far as bars in the area... the only one i know that's sox friendly is located at southport and addison, it's more of a bar/restaurant...i forgot the name, they have a sox neon sign in the window. (at least they did last year).

jackbrohamer
06-29-2004, 06:49 PM
I'll be there with my dad in right field lower deck area.

as far as bars in the area... the only one i know that's sox friendly is located at southport and addison, it's more of a bar/restaurant...i forgot the name, they have a sox neon sign in the window. (at least they did last year).
D'Agostino's?

champagne030
06-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Sports Corner, NE corner of Sheffield and Addison. We've been there three years in a row with full Sox gear and no problems and we won't be the only four there. After the game, have backup or be careful near the bleacher exits (Murphy's area), otherwise, they don't want to get their butt kicked before quiche loraine and caberet............

Bruck35
06-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Sports Corner, NE corner of Sheffield and Addison. We've been there three years in a row with full Sox gear and no problems and we won't be the only four there. After the game, have backup or be careful near the bleacher exits (Murphy's area), otherwise, they don't want to get their butt kicked before quiche loraine and caberet............
I managed to pick up some 400 level tix off ebay, and I'm hoping that means I won't be behind a pole. It looked like all the 400 level seats were in the front half of the upper deck, so I'm certainly hoping that's true.

As for the bars, that Sports Corner sounds like a good place to try out, I think I'll head there first...thanks for the info.

:gulp:

FARMEO
06-29-2004, 08:02 PM
The Sox neon at D'Agostino's is gone, it had the old SOX design. I don't think that D'Agostino's was ever a Sox bar. If you want to miss the big crowds, head west to Southport.

IUSOXFAN
06-29-2004, 10:10 PM
The Sox neon at D'Agostino's is gone, it had the old SOX design. I don't think that D'Agostino's was ever a Sox bar. If you want to miss the big crowds, head west to Southport.

I will be there....sitting in between 1st and home. Probably will just go bar hopping around there. Don't know what all the fuss is about attending bars, those Cubs fans are so drunk, half of them don't even know who they are playing.

Good bars to hit: Hi-Tops, John Barlycorn, Sluggers, Murphy's bleachers, Goose Island.

This is my 4th time going to Sox/Cubs at Wrigley since 1997 and I have never had a problem expect for the occasional heckle or two. But it is all in fun. And I am always wearing my favorite White Sox hat. Always end up hanging out with other Sox fans.

Have others had a problem?

CJLove23
06-29-2004, 11:34 PM
"Cubs game Friday, July 2nd...who's going?"

I'm not going to the Cubs game, but I'm going to the Sox game!! :redface:

Better bring my bulletproof vest :o:

inta
06-30-2004, 01:53 AM
yeah d'agostino's is the place. it was never a "sox bar" but i just remember always seeing the sox neon sign in the window whenever i'd drive by there. i had a meatball sub there once... it was ok.
i just figure that going over d'agostinos on southport would be more out of the way of all the madness on clark street...

BeerHandle
06-30-2004, 08:37 AM
I will be in the upper deck above Bartman area.

Where can I get a Sox Pride shirt before the game?

IlliniSox
06-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Yeah,
That's the joint I was thinking of. Get there noonish and you can sit/stand outside and yell at people.

Jerko
06-30-2004, 09:39 AM
"Cubs game Friday, July 2nd...who's going?"

I'm not going to the Cubs game, but I'm going to the Sox game!! :redface:

Better bring my bulletproof vest :o:
THANK you for calling it the SOX game. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of the thread. It's the SOX game Friday, not the other way around!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jabrch
06-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Yakzees on Clark serves Miller and has a great outdoor patio. I'd suggest it.

34 Inch Stick
06-30-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm going but have no idea where I am sitting. Bernie's is still the best old school bar near Wrigley. It is Cub intensive. However during the Cardinal series there were many Cardinal fans wearing red and there were no problems.

Risk
06-30-2004, 01:51 PM
I just found out that I am going on Fri today. Don't know where I'm sitting (I think in the upper deck, though). If anyone who is there who wants to grab a few, I'll be wearing my green Irish White Sox hat and watch the guys annihilate the unlovable losers at the Urinal. :D: :gulp: :bandance:

Risk

CJLove23
07-01-2004, 04:02 AM
There's hardly any bars around the urinal that aren't bound to smell like sweat and booze, nor will they have many Sox fans, but I'm sure they'll be more than usual this weekend. My advice to you if you go around that area to have a drink? Don't touch anything without gloves...k? :wink:

SOX PRIDE !!!