PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting moved before the game tonight?

The_Floridian
06-29-2004, 03:30 PM
With the trade for Garcia and Davis, our roster now has 26 guys.

Has anyone heard who's getting sent down?

Will they send Davis directly to Charlotte? Will Rauch or Diaz get sent down while the other gets a start? Will one of them be moved to the pen so we can send down Darensbourg or release Jackson?

Does anyone know?

bobj4400
06-29-2004, 03:32 PM
With the trade for Garcia and Davis, our roster now has 26 guys.

Has anyone heard who's getting sent down?

Will they send Davis directly to Charlotte? Will Rauch or Diaz get sent down while the other gets a start? Will one of them be moved to the pen so we can send down Darensbourg or release Jackson?

Does anyone know?
They sent down Darensbourg after Sunday's game...

Mickster
06-29-2004, 03:34 PM
They sent down Darensbourg after Sunday's game...I think he was packed-up even before Miguel.... :cool:

HomeFish
06-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Did Darensbourg even make an appearence?

The_Floridian
06-29-2004, 03:37 PM
They sent down Darensbourg after Sunday's game...
Thanks. Must've missed that.

I wonder wwhether Rauch or Diaz gets the start. I'd rather have Rauch in the pen and confine Mike Jackson to mop-up duty and a role as de-facto bullpen coach for all those youngsters out there.

The_Floridian
06-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Did Darensbourg even make an appearence?
They trotted him out against Cleveland. I think he did pretty well.

mantis1212
06-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Thanks. Must've missed that.

I wonder wwhether Rauch or Diaz gets the start. I'd rather have Rauch in the pen and confine Mike Jackson to mop-up duty and a role as de-facto bullpen coach for all those youngsters out there.
I think Diaz impressed me more, might as well see if he can encore against the Cubs

Fungo
06-29-2004, 04:41 PM
They sent down Darensbourg after Sunday's game...From the White Sox MLB.com site...

06/29/2004 4:09 PM ET
White Sox designate Vic Darensbourg for assignment

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20040629&content_id=783585&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

munchman33
06-29-2004, 04:45 PM
I'd rather see Rauch, for a number of reasons. First, he faired better in his last start than Diaz did, and against a Cleveland lineup that's crushing the ball. Second, the Cubs have seen Diaz recently, and therefore they will have the upper hand if facing him. Finally, if there is any truth to the Russ Ortiz rumors, we will need to showcase Rauch.

34 Inch Stick
06-29-2004, 05:09 PM
KW sent Wunsch down a third time so that his newborn baby could share the experience that he and his formerly pregnant wife have been able to have.

Randar68
06-29-2004, 05:33 PM
KW sent Wunsch down a third time so that his newborn baby could share the experience that he and his formerly pregnant wife have been able to have.
get over it.

:violin:

34 Inch Stick
06-30-2004, 09:33 AM
I am way over it, especially since Kelly is on the DL. I thought I was being funny.

Philo-Sox-er
06-30-2004, 09:59 AM
From rotoworld.com:

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen plans to use Felix Diaz over Jon Rauch as Scott Schoeneweis's replacement in the rotation.
Rauch was the first choice to take over a rotation spot and he had a better outing than Diaz last week, so this doesn't seem fair at all. Still, it probably won't matter very much since neither will have spots after Schoeneweis returns. Jun. 29 - 11:53 pm et