PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sham-me's abuse?

Philo-Sox-er
06-29-2004, 01:22 PM
A friend told me that Sosa was arrested for beating his wife (with a brick?) some time ago (when he was with the Sox?). I can't seem to find a story on it anywhere and I don't remember this. I figured someone here could either verify or put this to rest for me. If you can verify, do you have a news source?

Thanks in advance!

zach23
06-29-2004, 01:32 PM
A friend told me that Sosa was arrested for beating his wife (with a brick?) some time ago (when he was with the Sox?). I can't seem to find a story on it anywhere and I don't remember this. I figured someone here could either verify or put this to rest for me. If you can verify, do you have a news source?

Thanks in advance!
It was a rum bottle. http://espn.go.com/classic/s/add_sosa_sammy.html

BigEdWalsh
06-29-2004, 01:32 PM

Thanks in advance!
Actually I thought it was a rum bottle. I'm sure someone will have details.

Tekijawa
06-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Actually I thought it was a rum bottle. I'm sure someone will have details.
Any one know if it still had the Cork in it when he used it?

Philo-Sox-er
06-29-2004, 01:35 PM
THANKS! Bookmarked for future reference.

zach23
06-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Any one know if it still had the Cork in it when he used it?
It's possible. I am also sure he swung and missed most of the time.

owensmouth
06-29-2004, 01:50 PM

Thanks in advance!
The moron will probably use that as a reason not to come to the Cell.

Philo-Sox-er
06-29-2004, 01:55 PM
The moron will probably use that as a reason not to come to the Cell.
Well given that Sham-me is currently playing at the "Shrine", then shouldn't Maritotti warn all the women and children to stay away, else they might witness some old fashioned domestic violence?

eriqjaffe
06-29-2004, 05:03 PM
My favorite part of that article:

In 2000, he had to reimburse and restructure the Sammy Sosa Charitable Foundation because of fiscal misconduct and the criminal indictment of his co-director, Bill Chase. Chase was charged by the DEA for drug trafficking and laundering money through the charity.
:moron
"Chase, obviously, must be a Sox fan."

ode to veeck
06-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Any one know if it still had the Cork in it when he used it?Did he knock her out of the park with it? (I know, totally bad taste)

TornLabrum
06-29-2004, 11:52 PM
He would have missed if her curves had been low and away.