PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Blue Prediction

SEALgep
06-29-2004, 01:07 PM
This may very well be far-fetched, and I realize that, so feel free to rip it up, doesn't matter. However, with that said, with Baines not being very enthusiastic one way or the other as far as being the bench coach, I have a feeling Tony LaRussa is a possibility to be next years bench coach. I think he feels done with St. Louis by what has been said. Maybe not, but it's possible he wants to have a lower stress position and be reunited with Ozzie and the Sox. Rip away, but envision deep pink before doing so. At least admit it would be pretty cool. :D:

Philo-Sox-er
06-29-2004, 01:17 PM
As much as I like him, I think that it would be too difficult for him to not second guess Ozzie, etc. In other words, he is to oused to being in charge and making the calls...it could be a bad situation. Moreover, with the Cards 4 1/2 games up and perhaps playoff bound, I doubt he will leave, especially if they go far in the playoffs.

DrCrawdad
06-29-2004, 01:37 PM
This may very well be far-fetched, and I realize that, so feel free to rip it up, doesn't matter. However, with that said, with Baines not being very enthusiastic one way or the other as far as being the bench coach, I have a feeling Tony LaRussa is a possibility to be next years bench coach. I think he feels done with St. Louis by what has been said. Maybe not, but it's possible he wants to have a lower stress position and be reunited with Ozzie and the Sox. Rip away, but envision deep pink before doing so. At least admit it would be pretty cool. :D:

I was hoping that Tony would manage the Sox before Ozzie was hired. Seeing as how Tony's been a manager for 20+ years I'm not sure Tony's ego would allow him to be a bench manager. Tony's temperment me be in question as well. Tony counts as a good friend Bob Knight.

owensmouth
06-29-2004, 01:42 PM
I wonder if the bad feelings are subdued. Tony got pretty much run out of town by a lot of unhappy White Sox fans.

SEALgep
06-29-2004, 01:46 PM
I was hoping that Tony would manage the Sox before Ozzie was hired. Seeing as how Tony's been a manager for 20+ years I'm not sure Tony's ego would allow him to be a bench manager. Tony's temperment me be in question as well. Tony counts as a good friend Bob Knight.I could be wrong, but he seems more mellow to me now. Maybe his age has changed his temperment and his ego, which is why I started the thread to begin with. As I said though, I could be wrong. However, it has been insinuated that he won't be back next year. A playoff run could change that prediction though I suppose (from the Cardinals).

idseer
06-29-2004, 04:27 PM
at least your out-of-the-blue prediction got a better reception than my jose catching post did. :D: