PDA

View Full Version : Paulie is going to be on Dan Patrick Show

Hondo
06-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Announced in the opening. Keep your ears open

delben91
06-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Announced in the opening. Keep your ears open

If someone could fill in us out-of-towners on what Konerko says, that would be excellent.

Thanks!

Hondo
06-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Will do.

mcfish
06-29-2004, 12:20 PM
If someone could fill in us out-of-towners on what Konerko says, that would be excellent.

Thanks!
The Dan Patrick show is broadcast nationwide. In fact, here in Chicago ESPN 1000 has the hack Jim Rome on right now instead of Dan Patrick.

For zip code 20877, options for ESPN radio are WTEM-AM 980, WJFK-AM 1300, WEPM-AM 1340, WOYK-AM 1350, WCEM-AM 1240, and WPDC-AM 1600 if you can get any of them.

You could also listen over the internet by going to this site: http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/index# (http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/index) and clicking on "listen now" on the right side of the site.

HomeFish
06-29-2004, 12:36 PM
When does this show start?

Hondo
06-29-2004, 12:38 PM
It's on already. From 12pm to 3pm.

You have to put up with Rome!!! HA HA

I assume Paulie will be on in the final hour.

delben91
06-29-2004, 12:39 PM
The Dan Patrick show is broadcast nationwide. In fact, here in Chicago ESPN 1000 has the hack Jim Rome on right now instead of Dan Patrick.

For zip code 20877, options for ESPN radio are WTEM-AM 980, WJFK-AM 1300, WEPM-AM 1340, WOYK-AM 1350, WCEM-AM 1240, and WPDC-AM 1600 if you can get any of them.

You could also listen over the internet by going to this site: http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/index# (http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/index) and clicking on "listen now" on the right side of the site.

Holy crap. That's awesome. I'm still behind a firewall in a basement office though...so updates would be great.

I'll have to remember that for future reference. And way to be looking up Gaithersburg's zip code! :gulp:

Kadafi311
06-29-2004, 12:45 PM

Listening in now, thanks for the knowledge.

LongLiveFisk
06-29-2004, 12:55 PM
It's on already. From 12pm to 3pm.

You have to put up with Rome!!! HA HA

I assume Paulie will be on in the final hour.
Grrrrr....all I'm hearing is Jim Rome......

I'm glad YOU find it funny! :wink:

Let us know what Paulie says!

Realist
06-29-2004, 12:58 PM

Scroll up to mcfish's post. He's gotta link there so you can listen to the show over the internet. Paulie hasn't been on yet.

Hondo
06-29-2004, 01:02 PM

http://www.ktik.com/images/bio/Jim_Rome_photo_sm.jpg
"We will not be talking to Paul Konerko today in the jungle. Phillip...not coaching the Lakers...talkaboutdat.....Shaq laying the SMACKDOWN....on the orginization.....got a HUGE email from CJ in Naptown.....I'm sure....If you wanna email the show....Jim Rome....at......haveatakedotcom....And Mike Tyson....living at a hostile....getting scratch from dealers....HEY Mike, maybe spend less time getting ink and more time making paper....Classic..I'm sure. Rack me I'm out."

LongLiveFisk
06-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Scroll up to mcfish's post. He's gotta link there so you can listen to the show over the internet. Paulie hasn't been on yet.
Actually, I just noticed that they yank Jim Rome off the air in Chicago at 1pm in favor of Dan Patrick's show. So I WILL be able to listen! :cool:

bartmanisgod
06-29-2004, 01:07 PM
http://www.ktik.com/images/bio/Jim_Rome_photo_sm.jpg
"We will not be talking to Paul Konerko today in the jungle. Phillip...not coaching the Lakers...talkaboutdat.....Shaq laying the SMACKDOWN....on the orginization.....got a HUGE email from CJ in Naptown.....I'm sure....If you wanna email the show....Jim Rome....at......haveatakedotcom....And Mike Tyson....living at a hostile....getting scratch from dealers....HEY Mike, maybe spend less time getting ink and more time making paper....Classic..I'm sure. Rack me I'm out."
Hilarious!

Realist
06-29-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm LOVING the Steve Hanson segment!!

:roflmao:

Hondo
06-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Slap shot is one of the greatest movies of all time!!!

"Anyone know where the palm isle is in this town? I @(*&%()*#& the bairmaid last trip........"

"Maurice, You make me sick when you speak."

Realist
06-29-2004, 01:56 PM
They just said that Paulie is gonna be next.

owensmouth
06-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Paulie's on next.

SSN721
06-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Slap shot is one of the greatest movies of all time!!!

"Anyone know where the palm isle is in this town? I @(*&%()*#& the bairmaid last trip........"

"Maurice, You make me sick when you speak."

Absolutely agree, a true classic. And Paulie is coming up next, 3PM Eastern/2PM Central. SO probably around 2:05 Pm CHicago time here he will be checking in with D Pizzle.

Fisk72
06-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Paulie's on next.
Probably on at about 2:08, right?

skobabe8
06-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Paulie's on!!! its 2:15

Realist
06-29-2004, 02:20 PM
That was it?!? :?:

Hondo
06-29-2004, 02:21 PM
That was it?!? :?:
Not much. I'm guessing Konerko was running late. The segment started at 8 after and they vamped for a while.

pudge
06-29-2004, 02:22 PM
totally worthless interview, the Patrick Show blows, always has.

Kadafi311
06-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Patrick told him he saw a lot of ladies wearing Konerko jersey's over the weekend: Paulie responsed "Well you know, we have a lot of ugly guys on our team".

Pretty funny :D:

SSN721
DP really didnt get into any "hard-hitting" questions either, did seem like they were just pressed for time.

DuckSnort
So what was (or wasn't) said?

skottyj242
06-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Is anybody else listening to this on the internet? I heard the segment then sportscenter then nothing. Does this mean it's the local Sportscenter, then commercials? Or is it broke?

Hondo
06-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Is anybody else listening to this on the internet? I heard the segment then sportscenter then nothing. Does this mean it's the local Sportscenter, then commercials? Or is it broke?
It goes quiet during the commercials.

jkrohn
06-29-2004, 02:32 PM
I heard it on the internet. Very short, seemed like Paul wasn't the best radio interview, I had to crank up the speakers to hear him :)

They talked about:
1) Is the cubs series different from normal games. Paul said yes, they are more like playoff games and are fun. They are a break from the rest of the schedule for him.
2) The garcia trade and where paul rated garcia among pitchers (Top notch with Schilling, Pedro, etc or a shade lower). Paul said he was happy and suprised we got Garcia, as he thought when we hadn't gotten him a few weeks earlier that it wasn't going to happen. Paul said he ranked at the top when he has his stuff because he had a great arm.
3) The people wearing konerko jereseys which has already been discussed.

Very short, but nice to see the sox getting some sort of national attention that isn't negative or related to us losing players. :D I'll take it.

The_Floridian
06-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Is the Dan Patrick show always this bad, or are they just having an off day? I mean, Paulie may have been running late, but it's not like the show was a real barnburner before he came on.

Hokiesox
06-29-2004, 03:08 PM
I heard it on the internet. Very short, seemed like Paul wasn't the best radio interview, I had to crank up the speakers to hear him :)

They talked about:
1) Is the cubs series different from normal games. Paul said yes, they are more like playoff games and are fun. They are a break from the rest of the schedule for him.
2) The garcia trade and where paul rated garcia among pitchers (Top notch with Schilling, Pedro, etc or a shade lower). Paul said he was happy and suprised we got Garcia, as he thought when we hadn't gotten him a few weeks earlier that it wasn't going to happen. Paul said he ranked at the top when he has his stuff because he had a great arm.
3) The people wearing konerko jereseys which has already been discussed.

Very short, but nice to see the sox getting some sort of national attention that isn't negative or related to us losing players. :D I'll take it.
Given his performance, I'd like him to take a break from the rest of the schedule every day!:gulp: :bandance:

Iwritecode
06-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Holy crap. That's awesome. I'm still behind a firewall in a basement office though...so updates would be great.

Gee, I thought I was the only one that worked in a basement office...

I can one-up you though because this computer doesn't have sound either... :(: