PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Renovations

chisoxfan1987
06-29-2004, 01:03 AM
What do you think some of the renovations to the Cell should be for next year?

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-29-2004, 01:05 AM
the rumored outfield homerun porch/upperdeck looked pretty awesome. that's the only thing I can think of. They've done a wonderful job with the stadium. screw the seat color, but if the ownership believes that the seats only have a lifespan of 15 years, might as well get green seats to please the masses.

dangler
06-29-2004, 01:11 AM
The renovation I want to see is very simple.
One 2004 World Series title flag. :smile:

nitetrain8601
06-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Carlos Beltran and Magglio in the same OF would be fine with me. Too bad that ain't happening.

Rush20
06-29-2004, 10:26 AM
In addition to the new (and hopefully improved) green seats, I'm hoping for (1) a new Grand Entrance/Hall of Fame shop in the left field corner near the new FunDamentals area (2) a right field upper deck and outdoor extension of the Stadium Club (3) removal and remodeling of outside ramps and (4) new brick backdrop behind home plate (similar to what they did at Camden Yards) and brick trip around the press box.

The last point - #4, I think would really help soften the Cell on television. Although I think the new dark green padding is a 100% improvement, I don't understand why JR doesn't fill in the umpire tunnel and camera wells (they rarely use that camera angle anyway) with high priced revenue generating seats. It makes financial and marketing sense!

While watching the Pirates/Cardinals game last night on ESPN, I liked how the fans were right behind home plate with a low brick wall separating them from the action. Heck - the SOX could even, dare I say, follow the Cubs lead and install a few more rows of seats behind home plate. Perhaps a squared off brick wall similar to the brick trim in the concourse.

I know there will be people claiming we're copying Wrigley, however as far as I know, the Tribune company did not invent brick and I think the old Comiskey Park had some brickwork as well....

Rocky Soprano
06-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Carlos Beltran and Magglio in the same OF would be fine with me. Too bad that ain't happening.
I would settle for just Maggs in the OF.

Rush20
06-29-2004, 10:28 AM
One more - #5 - I think they should add outdoor balconies to the lower level club suites to attract more business clients. That's the one of the major draws the Wrigley skybox suites have over the Cell.

chisoxfan1987
06-29-2004, 10:46 AM
I think there should be brick outside the stadium and a restaurant that would view the field. Any other ideas?

Hondo
06-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Maggs in RF
Garcia in the rotation
At LEAST a central division crown to defend and

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO BARS!!!!!!!

joeynach
06-29-2004, 10:49 AM
One more - #5 - I think they should add outdoor balconies to the lower level club suites to attract more business clients. That's the one of the major draws the Wrigley skybox suites have over the Cell.
That has been rumored to change. Something was said by rooney and farmer about them converting the unused skybox to a different use. However here is my wish list, in order.

1. Home Run Porch in right
2. Grand entrance in left (comes with elimination or reduction in ramps)
3. Green Seats
4. Fill in Umpires tunnel with premium seats, decorate with brick

soxnut
06-29-2004, 11:20 AM
I want to see a grand entrance in lf. It should include a new Hall of Fame and gift shop and an interior interactive area. This whole thing could be open year round, just like the gift shop currently is. And/or it could be made available for parties on non-game days. I think it could be a fun place to rent for kids parties--with having Southpaw and etc.

The entrance could also include a few other shops, of course including a US Cellular shop, maybe a coffee shop-especially considering rail patrons would be able to get something quick before taking the Red Line.(more $) And it could also house a restaurant that is open earlier than the BPSB, for those who have families. It would be cool if they configure the restaurant so that it gives a view of the skyline as well as the field.

I would also like to see an outfield upper deck. But I would like to see it have some type of covering on it because I hate sitting in the sun, but would like an outfield UD seat.

Getting rid of that tunnel behind home should also be taken care of. It looks terrible on tv and they would be really great seats.

And of course, green seats--that would be wider than the current seats.

Philo-Sox-er
06-29-2004, 11:25 AM
I read that there is a picture of the proposed home run deck, but I haven't seen it. Anybody got a thumbnail to post here or a link to where I could view it? Thanks in advance.

chisoxfan1987
06-29-2004, 12:11 PM
I was wondering how this outfield home run porch would be configured? It seems pretty cool though.

pinwheels3530
06-29-2004, 12:12 PM
A Hooters where the FUNdamentals area is at now inside gate 3 since they will be moving it to the outfield and a championship flag for the 2004 CHAMPS!!

whtsx1959
06-29-2004, 12:48 PM
dont fill the umpire well (pitcher's eye)

it keeps the idiotic fans from waving at the camera while on their cell phones

whtsx1959
06-29-2004, 12:48 PM
anyone have renderings of the home run porch?

hawkjt
06-29-2004, 01:04 PM
I agree that the camera well looks bad behind home plate but there is the idiot fan waving problem. There is an epedemic of that behavior all around baseball. I say that people are warned against that behavior with the threat of removal to upper deck seats if repeated.

joeynach
06-29-2004, 01:09 PM
I want to see a grand entrance in lf. It should include a new Hall of Fame and gift shop and an interior interactive area. This whole thing could be open year round, just like the gift shop currently is. And/or it could be made available for parties on non-game days. I think it could be a fun place to rent for kids parties--with having Southpaw and etc.

The entrance could also include a few other shops, of course including a US Cellular shop, maybe a coffee shop-especially considering rail patrons would be able to get something quick before taking the Red Line.(more $) And it could also house a restaurant that is open earlier than the BPSB, for those who have families. It would be cool if they configure the restaurant so that it gives a view of the skyline as well as the field.

I would also like to see an outfield upper deck. But I would like to see it have some type of covering on it because I hate sitting in the sun, but would like an outfield UD seat.

Getting rid of that tunnel behind home should also be taken care of. It looks terrible on tv and they would be really great seats.

And of course, green seats--that would be wider than the current seats.
You can forget the grand entrance in left now that they have announced that stupid Fundamentals thing. The grand entrance renderings we have seen show the bulding jetting into the concourse right there where the kids things is gonna be built. It showed a staircase entrance thing and the whole structure basically butting right up to where the concourse goes underneath the stadium structure. Not gonna happen, they have basically already showed us that.

nitetrain8601
06-29-2004, 01:37 PM
The stadium looks great enough. The only thing they need is a couple of banners to go around and I'm not talking about retirement banners.

Brian26
06-29-2004, 02:26 PM
I've heard from a few reliable sources of two options for next year:

-an expanded fan deck that may reach farther into left centerfield and right centerfield. It may be built above the concourses so people can walk beneath it.

-an extension of the stadium club from the rightfield foul pole to towards rightcenterfield...maybe one section or two over.

Brian26
06-29-2004, 02:26 PM

-an expanded fan deck that may reach farther into left centerfield and right centerfield. It may be built above the concourses so people can walk beneath it.

-an extension of the stadium club from the rightfield foul pole to towards rightcenterfield...maybe one section or two over.

By the way, these could happen with or without a homerun porch.

joeynach
06-29-2004, 03:16 PM

Im sorry but that just sounds pretty lame.

skobabe8
06-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Let's see some renderings, boys!!! :D:

Malgar 12
06-29-2004, 04:24 PM
I read that there is a picture of the proposed home run deck, but I haven't seen it. Anybody got a thumbnail to post here or a link to where I could view it? Thanks in advance.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1662

hope that link works
and I hope thats what they end up doing.

Malgar 12
06-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Heres a couple of good photoshop images of green seats too, if that's your thing.
Forest Green:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1921
Old Comiskey Green:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1922

FYI stuff like this is pretty easy to find if you use the search option.

Philo-Sox-er
06-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Thanks Malgar!

GoSox2K3
06-29-2004, 04:44 PM
I agree.

nitetrain8601
06-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Heres a couple of good photoshop images of green seats too, if that's your thing.
Forest Green:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1921
Old Comiskey Green:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1922

FYI stuff like this is pretty easy to find if you use the search option.
I think the green is ugly.

whtsx1959
06-30-2004, 12:15 AM
the forest green is all to common in ballparks nowadays, and in the urinal

the old comiskey green gives the stadium a more unique look

soxnut
07-01-2004, 11:07 AM
You can forget the grand entrance in left now that they have announced that stupid Fundamentals thing. The grand entrance renderings we have seen show the bulding jetting into the concourse right there where the kids things is gonna be built. It showed a staircase entrance thing and the whole structure basically butting right up to where the concourse goes underneath the stadium structure. Not gonna happen, they have basically already showed us that.

Not necessarily. It could be a modified grand entrance. That rendering is just showing Fundamentals. There could still be a grand entrance being planned, but they don't have final details, so didn't want to show that. I guess well see later this summer when the rest of the plans are announced.

jabrch
07-01-2004, 11:29 AM
I think they could give away $100 bills at the entrance and some people would find something to bitch about.

Blob
07-01-2004, 11:55 AM
I think they could give away $100 bills at the entrance and some people would find something to bitch about.
Yeah, why coudln't they give 5 $20's or, 3 20's 2 $10's and 4 $5's or...:D: