PDA

View Full Version : Kempers here is your answer

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 05:36 PM
You were asking why Jerry won't play Crede and Rowand. Here is your answer straight from Manuel himself.

(Shameless Plug)
No time for young guys (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/sellhigh/index.html)

KempersRS
09-24-2001, 06:02 PM
Those were some of the dumbest quotes I have ever seen. People questioned my sig?

"We're still trying to win as many games as we can," Manuel said. "If we can develop some of the people we called up from the minors and give them a chance to play at the same time, we'll do it."

I have another "Why?" question for good ole JM. Why do we need to win games at this point? He acts like these guys are a huge downgrade to our regulars. First of all, who cares if we lose at this point? Second, are Joe Crede and Aaron Rowand really going to LOSE games for us? Give me a break.

"But I don't put too much stock on evaluating the younger guys in September. We'll get a chance in spring training to see how many of them are ready to perform at this level."

Yeah, don't wanna put much stock in how a player plays against real major leaguers and teams in pennant chase. We have spring training to decide if they can play against other guys who are all minor leaguers as well. How can you not put much stock in how they play now, but you can in spring training? Once again, give me a break.

Iguana775
09-24-2001, 06:02 PM
what a load of BS!!!!! it is not like we are in the pennant race. i would much rather see crede get time than Jeff 'The Human K Machine' Liefer.

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I have another "Why?" question for good ole JM. Why do we need to win games at this point? He acts like these guys are a huge downgrade to our regulars. First of all, who cares if we lose at this point? Second, are Joe Crede and Aaron Rowand really going to LOSE games for us? Give me a break.

Exactly Mr. Positive like I said in the article if Herbert Perry leads you to one or two more wins then Joe Crede could have it is the right decision?

KempersRS
09-24-2001, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Exactly Mr. Positive like I said in the article if Herbert Perry leads you to a one or two more wins then Joe Crede could have it is the right decision?

And you hit the nail on the head, I can't emphasize it enough. You see it, I see it, we all see it, why doesn't Jerry?

Paulwny
09-24-2001, 08:07 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"But I don't put too much stock on evaluating the younger guys in September. We'll get a chance in spring training to see how many of them are ready to perform at this level."

When the sox were playing the yankmes Tim McCarver, yank announcer, said the same thing, "September is the worst time to evaluate players", he didn't elaborate. Why call players up? For me this is another, I don't get it.

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
When the sox were playing the yankmes Tim McCarver, yank announcer, said the same thing, "September is the worst time to evaluate players", he didn't elaborate. Why call players up? For me this is another, I don't get it.

I can see where you don't want to play young guys if your team is in the hunt for a playoff spot. But the Sox are not so there is no reason to explain what Manuel is doing.

Paulwny
09-24-2001, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I can see where you don't want to play young guys if your team is in the hunt for a playoff spot. But the Sox are not so there is no reason to explain what Manuel is doing.

I agree, but I felt Mc Carver was saying in his conversation with the other announcer that you don't get an accurate evaluation of players in Sept; spring is a better time. They actually were talking about Crede at the time, had nothing to do with the yankmes and the pennant race.

Daver
09-24-2001, 10:19 PM
There are several reasons that teams do not want to evaluate players in Sept.,the main ones are that they have played an entire season in the minors and you might not be seeing them at top form,and the fact that in a lot of cases they are facing pitching that may not be MLB level pitching,pitchers are the one position that does see a bit of action in Sept. callups.
But then again what the hell do I know?

ma-gaga
09-25-2001, 10:06 AM
I heard something that if there is a MLB strike, they could use players' that are in the minor leagues, and they wouldn't be shunned as scabs once the strike had ended. Is this true?

Prior to the attacks, I thought that there was no way they wouldn't strike. Now, i can't see how they would consider striking. The public backlash would be insane.

Dadawg_77
09-25-2001, 10:40 AM
Here is a different out look on this, what if Kenny and Jerry are playing the older players, hoping that they show a little something which will increase their trade vaule? They know Crede and Rowan can play, but they would rather have them just get used to the majors lifstyle this fall while playing veterans to increase their trade vaule. Clayton's vaule has gone up in the 2nd half. Just thought on the matter.