PDA

View Full Version : the deke

Cubbiesuck13
06-28-2004, 10:09 PM
I am sure everyone has read in the papers about the fake that Jose and Uribe put on Patterson in the 7th(?). I love the little plays like this and it shows how like minded a double play combo is. This reminds me of something the Oz would do. It is very entertaining to watch, it is just good baseball.

On a side note, it seems like Jose's D is doing somewhat better this year so far. Any thoughts on the cause of it? the Oz giving him tips? Uribe makes him feel more comfortable?

That said, I love watching Uribe turn a double play. the man is quick to get rid of the ball. my favorite play in sports right now is a Crede to Uribe to Konerko double play to get out of a jam.

bluestar
06-28-2004, 10:12 PM
That was Jose and Harris, not Uribe.

owensmouth
06-28-2004, 10:14 PM
I believe he's gone 38 games with just one error now. He started off bad, got some 10 errors early.

jabrch
06-28-2004, 10:15 PM
I am sure everyone has read in the papers about the fake that Jose and Uribe put on Patterson in the 7th(?). This reminds me of something the Oz would do.
Ozzie would do it defensively? Or he'd get caught by it? Remember, this is the same Ozzie caught twice in a month by the hidden ball trick!

Cubbiesuck13
06-28-2004, 10:15 PM
That was Jose and Harris, not Uribe.
:redface: i knew that...

Cubbiesuck13
06-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Ozzie would do it defensively? Or he'd get caught by it? Remember, this is the same Ozzie caught twice in a month by the hidden ball trick!
do you remember the same Ozzie that would fake like he missed a throw only to have the player start taking off for the next bag while trying to pick up where the ball went? I guess that is kind of like the hidden ball trick, but I remember him using it ratehr than getting caught by it. But i may be a little biased.

SOXPHILE
06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
I am sure everyone has read in the papers about the fake that Jose and Uribe put on Patterson in the 7th(?). I love the little plays like this and it shows how like minded a double play combo is. This reminds me of something the Oz would do. It is very entertaining to watch, it is just good baseball.

On a side note, it seems like Jose's D is doing somewhat better this year so far. Any thoughts on the cause of it? the Oz giving him tips? Uribe makes him feel more comfortable?

That said, I love watching Uribe turn a double play. the man is quick to get rid of the ball. my favorite play in sports right now is a Crede to Uribe to Konerko double play to get out of a jam.
I had mentioned this in an earlier thread, but what made it even funnier was that when Patterson was walking back to the dugout all confused, after being doubled off first, it appeared that he was looking back angrily at Harris and Valentin as if to say "HOW DARE YOU FAKE ME OUT LIKE THAT !" Even Hawk was saying he should knock it off, because it's his own stupid fault. :rolling:

Cubbiesuck13
06-28-2004, 10:29 PM
I had mentioned this in an earlier thread, but what made it even funnier was that when Patterson was walking back to the dugout all confused, after being doubled off first, it appeared that he was looking back angrily at Harris and Valentin as if to say "HOW DARE YOU FAKE ME OUT LIKE THAT !" Even Hawk was saying he should knock it off, because it's his own stupid fault. :rolling:
sorry for stealing your thunder then. i assumed someone mentioned it but am not going to rifle back through the pages upon pages of posts. could you imagine trying to go back and read all of those, a sox beating the cubs series and a blockbuster trade all in the same day. i feel bad for those mods. of course if it can happen everyday of the week i would take that too! I ended up buying my first car Sat. night and the clincher on the deal was that the sox won. I decided that it was worth celebrating with a new car.

new car record: 2-0 and a new pitcher too.

voodo, being so close to NC i plan on making a trip for some good pizza soon now that i have a ride. is there anyway to make it easy on me and give me some directions coming from southern VA?