PDA

View Full Version : Diaz/Rauch Status?

hold2dibber
06-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Maybe I missed it among all the Cub drubbing hub bub (!) and big trade news, but has anyone heard anything definitive about the status of Rauch and Diaz? With Schoenweiss on the DL, which one of those two is in the rotation? When does the 5th starter come up again? Have either of those guys been sent back to the minors?

Randar68
06-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Maybe I missed it among all the Cub drubbing hub bub (!) and big trade news, but has anyone heard anything definitive about the status of Rauch and Diaz? With Schoenweiss on the DL, which one of those two is in the rotation? When does the 5th starter come up again? Have either of those guys been sent back to the minors?
I imagine Vic Darensburg will be demoted, but I don't know which will go to the bullpen and which will stay in the rotation. Nothing has formally been announced yet. In order to keep carrying 3 catchers, they may have to send down one of the 2, and Diaz would be pitching on more of a normal rest compared to Rauch when that spot next comes around, IIRC.

soltrain21
06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Start Rauch, keep Diaz in the bullpen and make Mike Jackson pack his bags and go far far away.

eurotrash35
06-28-2004, 06:46 PM
I say ship Rauch down and keep Diaz on as a 5 starter. For some reason I'm really high on Diaz and with Rauch's good start last time his trade value increases. He can keep his value high if he's pitching AAA ball. Diaz is only 23 and this is his first season in the bigs. Rauch has had chances before and I'd rather let him go than get rid of Diaz.

Mohoney
06-28-2004, 06:56 PM
I imagine Vic Darensburg will be demoted, but I don't know which will go to the bullpen and which will stay in the rotation. Nothing has formally been announced yet. In order to keep carrying 3 catchers, they may have to send down one of the 2, and Diaz would be pitching on more of a normal rest compared to Rauch when that spot next comes around, IIRC.

Maybe Mike Jackson will be put on waivers?

IA_soxfan
06-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Start Rauch, keep Diaz in the bullpen and make Mike Jackson pack his bags and go far far away.
We shouldn't be getting carried away here. Yes, Rauch and Diaz both made minced meat out of some fairly potent lineups in their last starts, but previously to that they have been horrendous in their starts w/ the sox. I say wait a little longer and make sure they can be effective against big league hitters before we ship out Mike Jackson. I know Jackson is horrid, but Diaz or Rauch could be worse. We just don't know yet.

Cubbiesuck13
06-28-2004, 09:46 PM
We shouldn't be getting carried away here. Yes, Rauch and Diaz both made minced meat out of some fairly potent lineups in their last starts, but previously to that they have been horrendous in their starts w/ the sox. I say wait a little longer and make sure they can be effective against big league hitters before we ship out Mike Jackson. I know Jackson is horrid, but Diaz or Rauch could be worse. We just don't know yet.
well if they want them both to continue to make spot starts then one needs to go back down so they can be brought up at a moments notice. i doubt that diaz will stay and i hope they let jon pitch a couple of games no matter how he does. if they do that and he struggles for a few starts in a row i would think it would be nice to have diaz come up and pitch. i am not sure how many pitchers came up with the sox pitching in the pen and then converting to starter. i think MB did tho, but you never know how diaz will react to going from starting to a clean up role pitching only few innings everyday.