PDA

View Full Version : PK

jabrch
06-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Here goes...just a thought

All off season and through the first few months of the season people were saying how much Konerko sucks. They wanted KW to trade him for a bag of balls - and would even offer to return the bag after usage. Now, PK is tearing the snot off the ball. What do we do?

A) Ride him while he is hot

or

B) Trade him while he may be at top value

I want to keep him. I was never of the feeling that you give him away - and I don't know how much we could actually get for him. But if someone will take him - and give us a good cheap young player in return that would make our starting lineup somewhere, or be a SP better than Schoe, I might consider it. Amongst the benefits, it would free up a lot of money that could be used, when bundled with other $ we will have next year to try and attract a FA or two.

soltrain21
06-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Keep em. I love Paulie.

Really, what could we get for him? We don't need anymore starters or anything, and bullpen help is not that hard to get.

hold2dibber
06-28-2004, 06:29 PM
Keep em. I love Paulie.

Really, what could we get for him? We don't need anymore starters or anything, and bullpen help is not that hard to get.
I still think the Sox could use another starter, and if they could get someone like Moyer or Odalis Perez for PK, I'd probably be willing to move him, but if, and only if, Maggs comes back healthy. With Maggs health still an issue, the Sox couldn't afford to not have PK's bat in the line-up.

Mickster
06-28-2004, 06:33 PM
I still think the Sox could use another starter, and if they could get someone like Moyer or Odalis Perez for PK, I'd probably be willing to move him, but if, and only if, Maggs comes back healthy. With Maggs health still an issue, the Sox couldn't afford to not have PK's bat in the line-up.
Perez is having an MRI on his shoulder today... LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-dodgerspereztohavemr&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

gosox3072
06-28-2004, 06:37 PM
I still doubt that we could get that much out of PK. Hes a good role player but i dont think he is very good trade bait because of his contract.

After his contract is up, anyone think we will resign PK? I know if we do PK will most likely take a paycut. Will this happen?

mdep524
06-28-2004, 06:38 PM
I know I am in the minority here but I still think the team would be better if one of Lee or Konerko was traded. Paulie's been hitting well, which is great. And I've thoroughly enjoyed his Cub killing. But he is a bit one dimensional and in the long run I'd like to see a more balanced Sox line up than Thomas-Ordonez-Lee-Konerko-Crede. Thomas and Ordonez are the best we have IMO, so to me that makes slow-footed Konerko or mental-lapses Lee expendible.

I'm not sure what we could get for either player right now. I thought CLee would be a good fit in Seattle (for Guardado perhaps) but that obviously isn't going to happen now. Los Angeles maybe. But I don't think we should trade these guys just for the sake of trading them. Lee for Zito/Mulder? Things like that I would look into.

Philo-Sox-er
06-28-2004, 07:00 PM
If we trade Paulie, which I am not sure is a good idea--I like him, we'd have to get a left handed hitter in return. What if he was shipped to Tampa as part of a Carl Crawford deal?

JB98
06-28-2004, 07:06 PM
If we trade Paulie, which I am not sure is a good idea--I like him, we'd have to get a left handed hitter in return. What if he was shipped to Tampa as part of a Carl Crawford deal?
Tampa Bay would never be willing to take on PK's salary.

Philo-Sox-er
06-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Tampa Bay would never be willing to take on PK's salary.
It depends. I think you are mostly right; but they are going to make a run next year, I think. Their young talent is about to come together and Sweet Lou is not one to be too patient. I think they will add some veteran presence to their club to help charge at the Yanks or Wild Card next year. The one excess they have to acquire veteran presence is outfield. They have a ton of super outfielders, already up and waiting for the call in the Minors.

But you are probably right and I am being driven by wishful thinking...