PDA

View Full Version : **Official** Dont Trade Maggs to Atlanta Thread!!

joeynach
06-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Hey Kenny trading Maggs to Atlanta for Ortiz and Jones would be stupid. It makes no sense for the white sox. Ortiz is a definite rent a player as his contract is up at the end of this year and due arbitration on his 5.7 mil this year. Not to mention he leads the league in walks this year. And why would we want jones for 13 mil a year for the next 3 years. For that price we can have someone much better, Maggs!! Jones sucks, he is hitting a fat 240. And if we, gulp, did let maggs go why would we want to spend the 14 mil we saved from that on Andruw Jones for the next 3 years. His contract is horrible and we dont need another 13 mil outfielder. We already have a platoon of outfielders on the roster with a prospect ready to come up next year. It doens't make any sense, DONT DO IT KENNY!!

Bobby Thigpen
06-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Ditto.

mantis1212
06-28-2004, 04:44 PM
I don't understand- why would we be going for another starter? We have five now, and in the playoffs you only need 4. If we knew Maggs isn't signing and Atlanta ate a healthy portion of Jones' contract, I wouldn't be against a trade straight up.

Rocky Soprano
06-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Please dont trade Maggs. Magglio is the type of player that us as fans love to have on our team. Please prove the whole world wrong and resign him. Its time to show the the Sox fans that you guys do really care about us.

RE-SIGN MAGGLIO!

Hangar18
06-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Hmmm
Fan Favorite, HomeGrown Player, hits 300 every year, good speed/defense
malcontent (allegedly), hits .240, slower, many dp's, defense now bad

that is horrible ........... steal of the century if the Braves rip the sox off

gobears1987
06-28-2004, 04:48 PM
sign me up

DaveIsHere
06-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Where's STeff??? She needs to talk to Kenny and tell him NO!!!!

Baby Fisk
06-28-2004, 04:50 PM
sign me upMe too.

jabrch
06-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Guys, it is on Magglio - not KW - to resign. He isn't getting Vlad Guerrero money from this franchise CUZ HE ISN'T WORTH IT. If he wants to stay for Garrett Anderson money, he can. If he doesn't, his ass should be shipped out ASAP. We can get good value for him now. Jones is one of the best defensive CF in the game right now. He has tremendous power, and would fit well in the lineup between Frank and Carlos. If trading Magglio (with Rauch or something) for him gets us Ortiz and Estrada, I am all for it - in a heartbeat. If it gets us just Jones and Ortiz (not addding Rauch in) I am still for it. Think about how tough our rotation and pen would be if Scho moved to the pen and was replaced by Ortiz in the rotation?

Damn!

harwar
06-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Magglio Ordonez is just the kind of player that can help a team not only get to the playoffs,but move through them.When we get him back and healthy it will be just like we traded for one of the best hitters in baseball.
Also,anyone who has watched andrew jones play this year(i watch a lot of games) knows how badly the braves would love to dump that guy off on someone.I think we've seen that KW likes to gamble but he not going to play in a fixed game..

mcfish
06-28-2004, 04:58 PM
I'd rather try to win this season with Maggs and lose him in the off season than have Andrew Jones here for 3 years eating up 13 million a year. Bad trade - don't do it!

onenine19
06-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Please dont trade Maggs. Magglio is the type of player that us as fans love to have on our team. Please prove the whole world wrong and resign him. Its time to show the the Sox fans that you guys do really care about us.

RE-SIGN MAGGLIO!
Amen!

joeynach
06-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Amen!
Preach it brotha, no keeenyyy no!!!

Nick@Nite
06-28-2004, 05:21 PM
... don't do it!

pinwheels3530
06-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Make a run at the playoffs with Maggs!!! Keep him he belongs on the South Side, We need his bat in the line up, his defense is underrated. Jones has a gold glove in CF, but his offense is overrated!!!!

BOTTOM LINE IS KEEP MAGGS if you want Oritz trade another one of the minor league outfielders we have plenty.................WIN NOW WITH MAGGS!!!!!

Tragg
06-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Apparently Kenny was hell bent on trading Maggs for Nomar this winter (for no explicable reason), so that he's looking at this wouldn't surprise me

mdep524
06-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Keep Maggs.

Thank you.

SpringfldFan
06-28-2004, 05:47 PM
I don't know much about Andrew Jones because I simply don't follow the National League much - I could care less about it. Anyway, my comment is that from the posts regarding Maggs this year, I am fairly convinced there would be an upcry even if we could trade him for Ruth & Gehrig in their primes. Its almost like people pray to Maggs every night or something. Sheesh.

bartmanisgod
06-28-2004, 06:00 PM
As we all know KW loves to fly under the radar. Everyone was talking about this deal earlier this week, and no one had said anything about Garcia! Then poof Garcia is in our laps. My belief is that this rumor was leaked to put pressure on Seattle to give up Garcia earlier rather than later. I honestly don't think that KW is going to pull the trigger on this deal!

However, when he says he's not done I believe him! I think he really going to push hard to get Kendall, I- Rod, Estrada or possibly some other big name backstop!

I have faith in Kenny, and hopefully JR is changing his ways!

JoseCanseco6969
06-28-2004, 06:01 PM
I think its clear we all agree no Jones for maggs, but i saw on another post earlier mention IROD. Thoughts on a possible trade Maggs for IROD?????

OfficerKarkovice
06-28-2004, 06:10 PM
I think its clear we all agree no Jones for maggs
Incorrect

JB98
06-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Did those of you who favor this trade not watch our interleague series with Atlanta? Andruw Jones is pathetic!!!! Even Jon Adkins made him look like a fool at the plate. I'm stuck with Jones on my fantasy team, and I don't think I could trade him away for peanuts. His average has been in the .240s all year. He has 12 HR and about 35 RBI, but they were almost all during one two-week hot streak. Not to mention, he has long been derided for lazy work habits and not living up to his potential. The Garcia deal is a clear sign that we are going for it this year. To me, it comes down to who will help us more THIS YEAR. Maggs or Jones? The answer is clearly Magglio.

I don't understand some people on WSI who are so worried about "next year" or "the future." I'm only 27 years old, and I feel like I've been finishing in second place and waiting for "the future" to arrive forever. Many Sox fans have waited for a winner even longer than I have. It's time to stop this nonsense and take whatever steps are needed to win now. Yes, I know I could be eating my words in November, but that's a chance I'm willing to take in order to make a serious run in 2004.

skobabe8
06-28-2004, 11:10 PM
KENNY: You're gonna have some ticked off females on your hands if you trade maggs. My girlfriend has been admiring his "assets" from RF for 2 years. I suspect other ladies are doing the same. This is a wrath you dont want to feel. :angry: