PDA

View Full Version : Jay, some Cabernet with your crow?

kojak
06-28-2004, 01:24 PM
You may have heard a reference to a TV show "jumping the shark"

Well, it sounds like Jay has "jumped on the bandwagon"

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay28.html

You can see that he writes this article very begrudgingly, getting in his
typical cheap shots (yes, the very same ones he always uses) where he can, but fully opening the window to become the first in the local media to embrace this soon-to-be juggernaut that is US!

I will have to re-read the article, but I think I missed where Moronotti mea culpa'd on his Friday prediction for a Cubs sweep.

Jay, allow me to recommend this fine cabernet from the cellars of Cakebread! :D:

TornLabrum
06-28-2004, 02:57 PM

typical cheap shots (yes, the very same ones he always uses) where he can, but fully opening the window to become the first in the local media to embrace this soon-to-be juggernaut that is US!

I will have to re-read the article, but I think I missed where Moronotti mea culpa'd on his Friday prediction for a Cubs sweep.

Jay, allow me to recommend this fine cabernet from the cellars of Cakebread! :D:
And if by the off chance the Cubs should take two of three from the Sox next weekend, he'll jump right back off and say he was never on.

A.T. Money
06-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Mariotti is such a windsock it's not even funny.

We don't need him.

akingamongstmen
06-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Why do we even bother with him anymore? Seriously...the man is an idiot.

Hokiesox
06-28-2004, 03:30 PM
If the Sox ever win the WS, somebody make sure he's not allowed in the lockerroom.

zach23
06-28-2004, 03:32 PM
If the Sox ever win the WS, somebody make sure he's not allowed in the lockerroom.

I hope he isn't allowed in the park.

daveeym
06-28-2004, 03:34 PM

Jay, allow me to recommend this fine cabernet from the cellars of Cakebread! :D: Damn, if you got a bottle of Cakebread merlot I'll take that off your hands, damn fine wine.

jackbrohamer
06-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Every time the Bulls were in the NBA finals, Mariotti was always there to trash them after every loss and write how they were not going to win the series. So he keeps one foot off the bandwagon until the bitter end.

And nothing could be more bitter for Mariotti than the Sox winning the world series. :angry:

34rancher
06-28-2004, 04:10 PM

Why not? I think it would be funny to see him trying to talk to Frank or Paulie or Carlos. Those guys can't stand him.

Come to think ofit, I would love to see Hawk punch his lights out.

That would be beautiful.

:D:

GoSox2K3
06-28-2004, 04:17 PM

typical cheap shots (yes, the very same ones he always uses) where he can, .... :D:
He still calls USCF the "ballmall" twice in this article. What a jackass. I don't want him on our bandwagon. That sort of nonstop smearing of the White Sox and their stadium does our team no good. It just serves to reinforce to the masses the myth that USCF is a terrible place which will continue to suppress attendance and the Sox's ability to compete.

If Mariotti thinks the Garcia trade is a good thing, then I'm worried because it must be destined for failure.

bobj4400
06-28-2004, 04:29 PM
The Moron was bellied up to the bar at Murphy's on Friday night after the game with Stat Boy. They were doing some shots and putting away the drinks. Snippet of conversation overheard from the Moron to Stat Boy: "I just had to bring you up here and show you what it is like. This is nothing compared to what it is like after a game at Wrigley, but it still is pretty cool. There is nothing at all like this to do around the Ballmall on the South Side."

TommyJohn
06-28-2004, 05:22 PM

:moron

Oh, yeah? Oh, yeah? Well, I make more money and get more chicks than all
of you put together!! So NYAH!!