PDA

View Full Version : What would be the World Series from hell?

HomeFish
06-28-2004, 01:15 PM
My personal greatest fear (Red Sox vs Cubs) was thankfully prevented last year, but is still a possibility. Hopefully something I will never see.

How about you?

delben91
06-28-2004, 01:16 PM
My personal greatest fear (Red Sox vs Cubs) was thankfully prevented last year, but is still a possibility. Hopefully something I will never see.

How about you?

Cubs/Any AL Central team...

Means that the Sox division had a team good enough to go to the series and it wasn't us.

Paulwny
06-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Flubs / Yankmees

munchman33
06-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Anyone who doesn't say either Cubs/Yankees or Cubs/Twinkies (or another AL Central team) is obviously not a Sox fan.

freshdill
06-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Anyone who doesn't say either Cubs/Yankees or Cubs/Twinkies (or another AL Central team) is obviously not a Sox fan.
And anybody who would rather see the Red Sox in the World Series than the Yankees has obviously never been to a game at Fenway Park or had much contact with Red Sox fans. I have seen 6 White Sox-Red Sox games at Fenway over the last three years. At each one, the "Yankees suck" chant has started, more than once. This would be fine except for two things:

1) The Yankees weren't playing.
2) The Yankees have won 26 World Series since the last time the BoSox won one.

Red Sox fans and the Boston media are so ridiculous, they make Cubs fans and the Chicago media seem normal and rational. If the Cubs ever played the Red Sox in the World Series, I would honestly have a tough time deciding whom to root for.

Cuckdafubs
06-28-2004, 02:43 PM
if u cant pick between rooting for the bosox or cubs in the world series then u r simply not a sox fan

StockdaleForVeep
06-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Cubs vs tampa for the sheer fact that another expansion team would make a world series before us again.

I could live with pedro strikin out cubs like fools or lieber showing what the cubs gave up on.

Fenway
06-28-2004, 03:20 PM
The Yankees Suck chant is heard at hockey games in Montreal when the Bruins play there.

I just know that if the Red Sox ever get back to the Series, I pray it is not the Cubs....

Letterman would have the Bill Goat playing Babe's piano.

And anybody who would rather see the Red Sox in the World Series than the Yankees has obviously never been to a game at Fenway Park or had much contact with Red Sox fans. I have seen 6 White Sox-Red Sox games at Fenway over the last three years. At each one, the "Yankees suck" chant has started, more than once. This would be fine except for two things:

1) The Yankees weren't playing.
2) The Yankees have won 26 World Series since the last time the BoSox won one.

Red Sox fans and the Boston media are so ridiculous, they make Cubs fans and the Chicago media seem normal and rational. If the Cubs ever played the Red Sox in the World Series, I would honestly have a tough time deciding whom to root for.

doublem23
06-28-2004, 04:15 PM
if u cant pick between rooting for the bosox or cubs in the world series then u r simply not a sox fan
Hey, I'd have a tough time, too. I'd eventually have to pull for Boston, but I really, really, really don't ever want to.

Cubs/Red Sox is the nightmare Series for me.

Realist
06-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Without hesitation I would root for the Red Sox. In 1975 my brother was a Reds fan so I decided to root for the Red Sox [what did I know? I was only 10 years old] It was then that I discovered and fell in love with the play of Carlton Fisk. I've always felt a sort of kinship with the Red Sox fans because we share Carlton Fisk.

I voted for a Cubs/Twins series as my worst nitemare. I hate the Cubs and hope they lose 100 games a year from now until forever, and I hate the Twins even worse.

****** ****ing Twins. :cuss:

HomeFish
06-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Poor Indians. Nobody seems to dislike them anymore.

Now, if this poll was taken a few years ago...

freshdill
06-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey, HomeFish:

I just noticed your sig line and wanted to point out that whether the Sox score in the fourth inning or not is irrelevant. I have yet to go to a Dunkin Donuts where anybody actually checked whether the Sox scored or not. They have no idea, and probably don't care.

I've been to 26 games this year, and I don't drink coffee, but my girlfriend has been the lucky recipient of 26 free cups of coffee.

illiniwhitesox
06-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Cubs/Yankees would be painful as I would find myself rooting for the Evil Empire.

If the Cubs were to beat the Yankees, it would be the most miserable day of my life. I hate talking to Cub fans anyways, let alone if they were to beat the Yankees traveling all-star team.

RKMeibalane
06-28-2004, 08:50 PM
If the Cubs and Red Sox meet in the World Series, I may have to stop watching baseball altogether. This scenario would be unbearable, because the media would talk non-stop about curses and ghosts and farm animals. Ugh!

At least if the Cubs faced the Yankees, I would feel secure in the fact that the Yankees would slaughter them.

Hondo
06-28-2004, 08:54 PM
It'd have to be Twins/Cubs

Just knowing that it should be us and the media coverage of "these two cinderella stories" would drive me to drinking. Oh wait....
How you can be an underdog/cinderella when you're own by a media conglomerate is beyond me but....
Plus it would mean having to see more of Ron Gardenheire and Dusty Baker.
And Fhqawgads would never shut up about it.

Also the worst part of it would be the local spin on it about how it should be the White Sox and how they've once again LET DOWN CHICAGO

LongLiveFisk
06-28-2004, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Realist]Without hesitation I would root for the Red Sox. In 1975 my brother was a Reds fan so I decided to root for the Red Sox [what did I know? I was only 10 years old] It was then that I discovered and fell in love with the play of Carlton Fisk. I've always felt a sort of kinship with the Red Sox fans because we share Carlton Fisk. /QUOTE]

I can agree here. My only problem with BoSox fans is their disturbing fascination with the Cubs. If they lived in Chicago and saw all the pro-Cubbie bias crap that goes on ad nauseum (and for no really good reason), they might change their tune. The Cubs are the Yankees, without the winning, making them that much harder to stomach.

doublem23
06-28-2004, 11:26 PM
My only problem with BoSox fans is their disturbing fascination with the Cubs. If they lived in Chicago and saw all the pro-Cubbie bias crap that goes on ad nauseum (and for no really good reason), they might change their tune. The Cubs are the Yankees, without the winning, making them that much harder to stomach.
What? Red Sox fans live in the same media-inspired bliss that Cub fans do. If anything, if you want a fan base to compare to the Cubs, none comes better than retards from Boston.

vegyrex
06-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Red Sox & Cubs series would be the worst for me. *shivers*

voodoochile
06-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Anything without the Sox in it...

LongLiveFisk
06-29-2004, 09:40 PM
What? Red Sox fans live in the same media-inspired bliss that Cub fans do. If anything, if you want a fan base to compare to the Cubs, none comes better than retards from Boston.
Actually, I wasn't really thinking about the whole media thing when I made my statement. I was thinking purely along the lines of Red Sox fans identifying with the Cubs when the franchise there in Boston has had some great teams over the years (the problems with the Yanks notwithstanding) and their team being legitimately competitive on an almost yearly basis. Two things that their Cubbie counterparts lack sorely. While the Red Sox may be/may have been futile against the Yanks, the Cubs have been just plain out futile. Period. No comparison there in my mind.

Nick@Nite
06-29-2004, 09:47 PM
A Cubs/Yankees World Series would make me puke.

Frater Perdurabo
06-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Anything without the Sox in it...

:supernana: AMEN :supernana:

Orta 4-6-3
06-30-2004, 01:59 PM
:mad: A Cubs/Yankees World Series would make me puke. Me too. I was five outs away from leaving the country for a week. Thank God the Tribs choked.

Philo-Sox-er
06-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Any WS involving the Flubs would be hare to bear.

ma_deuce
06-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Scrubs/Yankme is the worst. Makes me sick just thinking about it. :cower: :cuss: :nuts:

Mohoney
06-30-2004, 04:12 PM

The Red Sox are the AL equivalent of the Cubs. They suck. Their fans suck. This North Side-Boston lovefest that the national media is fawning over makes me want to puke.

Silver_and_Black
06-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Yankees / Cubs. That would be like seeing a Wings / Leafs Stanley Cup final.

CubKiller
06-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Here are my worst case World Series scenarios, with #1 being the worst:

#1. Cubs beat White Sox
#2. Cubs beat Yankees
#3. Cubs beat Red Sox
#4. Cubs beat (insert other AL team here)
#5. Red Sox beat (insert other NL team here)

ChiSox1906
07-01-2004, 11:25 PM
IF the Red Sox won the WS it wouldn't bother me cuz you wouldn't have to hear about it from local fans but the BoSox do get annoying and I believe they just got swept by NY.

Blueprint1
07-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Any world series with the cubs would make me puke. That said I think the Red Sox are the second most annoying team in MLB. I was rooting for the Yankees to beat them in the playoffs last year and when they play eachother I always do. I have met a few Red Sox fans on spring break back before the 2000 season I will never forget how puzzled he was that we let Albert Belle leave. He also said we were going to be really bad in 2000. What did he know? I thought all Red Sox fans were baseball Gods? From the few ive met they seem alot like cubs fans.

HomeFish
07-02-2004, 01:13 AM
I must say I'm pleasantly surprised that Boston/Cubs is getting the most votes. I'll make Yankee fans out of all of you yet...

Paulwny
07-02-2004, 02:00 PM
I must say I'm pleasantly surprised that Boston/Cubs is getting the most votes. I'll make Yankee fans out of all of you yet...
My hatred of pin stripes will go with me to my grave. :gulp:

fhqwhgads
07-02-2004, 06:47 PM
It'd have to be Twins/Cubs

And Fhqawgads would never shut up about it.

Oh how little you know me. :D: I wouldn't dare gloat on this board, especially about a World Series victory. Why would I bring up a game that the White Sox didn't play in, and something the Sox fans would despise?

You must have me confused with Twins8791, who now rests in peace in the Troll Graveyard.

Now, off the board, that's another story. It would take me an awfully long time to shut up about it. :drunken:

hose
07-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Oh how little you know me. :D: I wouldn't dare gloat on this board, especially about a World Series victory. Why would I bring up a game that the White Sox didn't play in, and something the Sox fans would despise?

You must have me confused with Twins8791, who now rests in peace in the Troll Graveyard.

Now, off the board, that's another story. It would take me an awfully long time to shut up about it. :drunken:
I have to give you credit Floggerhead. The Sox sweep the Twins and you don't run and hide. :thumbsup:

Daver
07-02-2004, 07:48 PM
I have to give you credit Floggerhead. The Sox sweep the Twins and you don't run and hide. :thumbsup:

Fwhatsizwhosit never runs and hides when the Sox win.

BigEdWalsh
07-05-2004, 07:56 AM
A really good poll question. This is one that you really have to think about. The Cubs and ANYONE is horrible to think about. But, I had to go with the Cubs vs. Red Sox simply due to all the curse talk we would have to endure.:nuts:

Paulwny
07-05-2004, 10:36 AM
A really good poll question. This is one that you really have to think about. The Cubs and ANYONE is horrible to think about. But, I had to go with the Cubs vs. Red Sox simply due to all the curse talk we would have to endure.:nuts:
A flub/yankmee series is extremely bad, the vast majority of the conntry would be rooting for the flubs, VERY,VERY,BAD.

hsnterprize
07-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Really simple...Cubs vs. ANYBODY (except the White Sox, of course. Then in that case, the Sox will win and it'll be the greatest World Series EVER!!!!!!)

OEO Magglio
07-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Really simple...Cubs vs. ANYBODY (except the White Sox, of course. Then in that case, the Sox will win and it'll be the greatest World Series EVER!!!!!!) Same here. Cubs vs. anyone would be pure hell unless like you said it was the White Sox.

SOXSINCE'70
07-05-2004, 08:35 PM
I voted for Yankmees vs.sCrUBS,but Red Sox vs sCrUBS would be just as bad.

I can't imagine having to cheer for the Carmines (Red Sox) or Yankmees.Hey,to a White Sox fan,cheering for the Yankmees is a communist sellout. :D: :wink:

Railsplitter
07-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Schlubs and Yankers, no doubt.

fuzzy_patters
07-06-2004, 11:55 AM
How can anyone root against a Cubs and Red Sox World Series? It is the series all of America wants to see.