DH Thomas
LF B.Giles
1B Konerco
C Kendall
CF Borchard
3B Crede nope, would you do this if you were a pitt fan

CerberusWG
09-24-2001, 10:54 AM
It might happen, but major emphasis on might. I do doubt that the deal would go through, Pitt would beg for a pitcher or two. Where's JB when you need him..

voodoochile
09-24-2001, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
nope, would you do this if you were a pitt fan

Have to agree, someone has been puffing on the black rock this time...

Bmr31
09-24-2001, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Pete Ward
Lets clear some room .... How about?

C.Lee, C. Singleton and J.Paul to Pitt for B.Giles and J Kendall

That gives us for 2002...

2b Durham
SS Jose V
RF Mags
DH Thomas
LF B.Giles
1B Konerco
C Kendall
CF Borchard
3B Crede

LOL!!! And the pirates would do this WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????

KempersRS
09-24-2001, 02:03 PM

That gives us for 2002...

2b Durham
SS Jose V
RF Mags
DH Thomas
LF B.Giles
1B Konerco
C Kendall
CF Borchard
3B Crede

The Pirates would have to be smoking some very strong stuff to pull that one off.

Soxheads
09-24-2001, 02:31 PM
Probably the same stuff :KW was smoking while he was on the phone, talking about Jeff Barry.

HootieMcBoob
09-24-2001, 03:44 PM

that was a cub fan-like comment. how stupid do u think pittsburgh is?

remember when the cubs said they were getting Jason Giambi for Hee sop Choi, Julio Zuleta and Schmuck McJones???

you're saying basically the same thing.

3 duds for 2 awesome, perennial all stars, plus KW and JR would never EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER do this

LongDistanceFan
09-24-2001, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

LOL!!! And the pirates would do this WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????? LMAO your wit is great......

Iguana775
09-24-2001, 04:59 PM
LMAO your wit is great......

isnt it, though? :):):)

danman31
09-24-2001, 08:30 PM
This is more within the realm of possibility-
C.Lee, Rowand, and Paul for Giles

As for the other deal, NO WAY IN HELL. But I can't say I don't like it, it's just Pitt won't do it.

LongDistanceFan
09-24-2001, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by danman31
This is more within the realm of possibility-
C.Lee, Rowand, and Paul for Giles

As for the other deal, NO WAY IN HELL. But I can't say I don't like it, it's just Pitt won't do it. pit farm is a real weak one. in the majors only Giles and their 3b are worth IMO worth pursuing.

In the minors the one i really like is JR House, Ryan Doumit, both cat and their 1 rounder last yr john vanberschton -1b........ hits a ton w/ good defense. Scouts have rave about this kid power as being sooo good that only mark mcguire has more power......... So how bout c.lee for jason schmitd - p, jr house ryan doumit and john VanBerschton, and i will even throw in Rowand........

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 10:05 PM
So how bout c.lee for jason schmitd - p, jr house ryan doumit and john VanBerschton, and i will even throw in Rowand........ LDF, Schmidt got traded to the Giants at the deadline.

LongDistanceFan
09-24-2001, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LDF, Schmidt got traded to the Giants at the deadline. oops, but i was trying to be sarcastic....... i guess i failed.

LongDistanceFan
09-24-2001, 10:16 PM
LDF, Schmidt got traded to the Giants at the deadline. i really don't have the subtileness of other posters, i guess.

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 10:19 PM
i really don't have the subtileness of other posters, i guess. LOL, you were too subtle in this case.

WinningUgly!
09-24-2001, 10:21 PM
Kendall's catching days are over. He's over priced as an outfielder, with very ordinary numbers. I'd love to land a BiG left handed bat in the outfield. How bout Lee & Durham for either Giles or Shawn Green, making Valentin our everyday 2nd baseman? Am I sounding like a Cub fan yet?

LongDistanceFan
09-24-2001, 10:22 PM
LOL, you were too subtle in this case. man you were too fast to jump on that one, i bet it was the age 54 that got your jock strap. :)

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 10:23 PM
man you were too fast to jump on that one, i bet it was the age 54 that got your jock strap. :) Well, the first time it didn't...

LongDistanceFan
09-24-2001, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Kendall's catching days are over. He's over priced as an outfielder, with very ordinary numbers. I'd love to land a BiG left handed bat in the outfield. How bout Lee & Durham for either Giles or Shawn Green, making Valentin our everyday 2nd baseman? Am I sounding like a Cub fan yet? green nah, giles, i rather have lee......... serious.

Look in the rangers farm for great hitting left handed bats.

Hundley for Prez
09-25-2001, 08:42 AM
Giles is a hell of a lot better than Lee ever will be. The only El Caballo has is youth on his side. But more and more can't miss OF prospects who also can't walk (Encarnacion, Mateo, and Quinn come to mind) are failing to improve over time. I'd say 2002 will be the season that Carlos proves he is either worth the hype, or isn't. Giles has proved it for three straight years. High OBP, high slugging, plus he can play CF (not well, be he can).

harwar
09-25-2001, 09:05 AM

As laughable as this trade sounds right now.A year from now it may be laughable because C Lee has manny ramirez type numbers.

Dadawg_77
09-25-2001, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Kendall's catching days are over. He's over priced as an outfielder, with very ordinary numbers. I'd love to land a BiG left handed bat in the outfield. How bout Lee & Durham for either Giles or Shawn Green, making Valentin our everyday 2nd baseman? Am I sounding like a Cub fan yet?

LA won't trade Green, good player and a nice marketing tool in LA.

Giles would be nice on this team, but since we're dreamin lets go get some disgruntle Red Sox.

stefaninsane
09-25-2001, 09:51 AM
How about Bill Pulsipher to the Reds for Pete Rose Jr. and one of their green St. Paddy's day hats.

Joel Perez
09-25-2001, 12:11 PM
How's the weather up there near the Metroplex area? Down here in SA, it's nice and cool....

I think Brian Giles would be sort of untouchable for the Pirates. Even though he has that big contact ($9 mil per year for the next 4 years), he's the heart and soul of the Pitt. Jason Kendall, IMO, needs to show both offensively and defensively that he's coming back from that horrific ankle injury two years ago. So far, he's just average.

Having said that, Kendall could still help the pitching core if he comes back offensively and defensively, but he's a risk at this point.