PDA

View Full Version : Green Seats

Cuckdafubs
06-28-2004, 01:27 PM
I heard that they are planning on painting the seats at the Cell green like they were at Old Comiskey. Does anybody know when they are going to do this? ive heard over the all-star break and over the off-season. i think its a cool idea but im worried about how it will look. do u guys like the idea?

o ya and how about that miniature field in left for '05, that looks cool

Malgar 12
06-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Somewhere on this board there are photshop mock ups of green seets, that will give you an idea. It looks good but I dont see what the big deal is. If people's butts are in the seats you can't see what color they are anyway. I'm much more excited by the idea of a "HR porch" in RF. From the pics that are floating around here, it would be really cool.

Mickster
06-28-2004, 01:38 PM
I seriously doubt that they would "paint" the seats. Could they replace the seats with new green ones? Sure. Repainting the plastic seats would not be a real good idea IMO.

markp8867
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
It looks good but I dont see what the big deal is. If people's butts are in the seats you can't see what color they are anyway. I'm much more excited by the idea of a "HR porch" in RF. From the pics that are floating around here, it would be really cool.
Great point! Does the color of the seats really matter anyway? A HR porch is a really good idea too. I heard they were doing a lot of this during the offseason much like they did last offseason with the new roof. There is no way they could replace all those seats over the all-star break.

npdempse
06-28-2004, 01:56 PM
I seriously doubt that they would "paint" the seats. Could they replace the seats with new green ones? Sure. Repainting the plastic seats would not be a real good idea IMO.
I'm sure the plan is replacement. There are a ton of cracked seats out there, and the armrests and other metal hardware is getting pretty rusty.

joeynach
06-28-2004, 03:22 PM
I heard that they are planning on painting the seats at the Cell green like they were at Old Comiskey. Does anybody know when they are going to do this? ive heard over the all-star break and over the off-season. i think its a cool idea but im worried about how it will look. do u guys like the idea?

o ya and how about that miniature field in left for '05, that looks cool
The plan is replacement, you cant really paint plastic seats to get the job done long term. I remember somewhere not to long ago it was either Jerry or Eddie that was saying the lifespan of these seats is 15 years anyway, and some are starting to rust and fade. After this year it will be there 14th. I guess they will be coming out 1 year early. Word is new green (padded) seats will be part of phase V.

Cuckdafubs
06-28-2004, 03:38 PM
ya my bad, i guess u cant really paint them, my mistake

Brian26
06-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Word is new green (padded) seats will be part of phase V.

I highly doubt they will be padded.