PDA

View Full Version : Crede and Lee: What the **** happened?

Cuckdafubs
06-28-2004, 12:50 PM
First, I'd like to say that I'm excited to make my first post, especially after one hell of a series against the Cubbies. Also, I don't know how i feel about this trade, i sure am gonna miss MO, but we needed freddy.

Anyways i just wanted to get some thoughts on two players that are pissing me off this season. First, Joe Crede. What happened to this guy? He is awful now and doesn't even seem to be trying that hard sometimes. Second, Carlos Lee, he hasn't done anything since breaking the record and he has totally forgotten how to hit a home run. He hasn't forgotten how to hold his home run pose tho, as he showed against the indians when he didnt run and it didnt leave the yard. Isnt anyone else pissed that these guys arent getting it done and sometimes dont try hard enough?

SoxBoy14
06-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Lee seems to be on some games and off some games, but he's still the best LF we got on the team. As for Crede I agree some games he looks like he's giving it half effort and according to the commercial everyone has to give it 110% or somthing like that. Hopefully Crede gets back to the hitter he used to be.

voodoochile
06-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Welcome aboard! :D:

No, I'm not ticked about their performance. Crede has been coming on strong and Carlos has changed his philosophy hitting wise so now teams are giving Frank more to hit. That pays huge dividends offensively as we have seen recently.

SoxBoy14
06-28-2004, 01:03 PM
First, I'd like to say that I'm excited to make my first post, especially after one hell of a series against the Cubbies. Also, I don't know how i feel about this trade, i sure am gonna miss MO, but we needed freddy.

Anyways i just wanted to get some thoughts on two players that are pissing me off this season. First, Joe Crede. What happened to this guy? He is awful now and doesn't even seem to be trying that hard sometimes. Second, Carlos Lee, he hasn't done anything since breaking the record and he has totally forgotten how to hit a home run. He hasn't forgotten how to hold his home run pose tho, as he showed against the indians when he didnt run and it didnt leave the yard. Isnt anyone else pissed that these guys arent getting it done and sometimes dont try hard enough?
By the way, awesome name!:bandance:

Cuckdafubs
06-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I agree that it is good that Lee has changed his philosophy, and i am shocked at how well he takes pitches now, but he still isnt hitting as consistently as i would like, and i miss his towering drives...and ya crede isnt following the commercial

Kadafi311
06-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Lee seems to be on some games and off some games, but he's still the best LF we got on the team. As for Crede I agree some games he looks like he's giving it half effort and according to the commercial everyone has to give it 110% or somthing like that. Hopefully Crede gets back to the hitter he used to be.Well... Joe is hitting .238 now, so technically he is back to being the hitter he used to be :smile:

As to his effort, I can't disagree.

delben91
06-28-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm not so sure that Crede's problem is necessarily lack of effort. It has been printed that he (and Garland) have such laid back personalities that they never seem to have any feelings about anything. I seriously doubt that Joe doesn't care that he's been below par so far this season, I just think that he won't ever show his displeasure as it's against his nature to do so.

That said, he's coming around of late and if he can get up to .270 and keep playing that stellar defense, then I'll be happy.

:crede
"Just so long as you're satisfied Delben, that's all that matters."

Philo-Sox-er
06-28-2004, 01:28 PM
As long as Crede keeps playing solid defense, I am happy with him. And Lee has always been a streaky hitter; I wish his head was more in the game on the basepaths though...

Lip Man 1
06-28-2004, 01:39 PM
It came out in the papers today that Seattle originally wanted Olivo and Crede. Williams refused to deal Joe and suggested Reed instead.

Lip

harwar
06-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Look for Lee & Crede to have a tremendous second half.

RichFitztightly
06-28-2004, 02:27 PM
It came out in the papers today that Seattle originally wanted Olivo and Crede. Williams refused to deal Joe and suggested Reed instead.

Lip
If that's the case, then I say good job Kenny. I'm extremely happy with the trade.

maurice
06-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Lee: .316 AVE / .380 OBP / .459 SLG
Crede: .308 / .400 / .551