PDA

View Full Version : Post Garcia trade, any movement?

delben91
06-28-2004, 09:48 AM
Well, with Reed and Morse going to Seattle, and it seems that Ozzie's like of having 3 catchers on the roster dictates Davis staying in the majors: 1) who comes off the Sox major league roster to make room(taking Reed's spot in charlotte), and 2) who in the minors moves up to take morse's roster spot?

I admit to knowing jack about how our prospects are progressing in their current assignments and thus have no idea who's due for a promotion.

Thanks for any insight.

mcfish
06-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Oh please let it be Mike Jackson! Hopefully Diaz or Rauch can be moved to the bullpen and be effective.

Randar68
06-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Well, with Reed and Morse going to Seattle, and it seems that Ozzie's like of having 3 catchers on the roster dictates Davis staying in the majors: 1) who comes off the Sox major league roster to make room(taking Reed's spot in charlotte), and 2) who in the minors moves up to take morse's roster spot?

I admit to knowing jack about how our prospects are progressing in their current assignments and thus have no idea who's due for a promotion.

Thanks for any insight.
There will be some movement for sure. Casey Rogowski and Brian Anderson are both ready to move to AA YESTERDAY, so I'd expect at least one of those 2 to move to Birmingham in the very near future, and the Sox will play journeyman Rich Paz at SS for the time being. Becker has struggled in Birmingham after a couple strong games. Spidale to AAA and Anderson to AA? Maybe.

There are bound to be a handful of promotions and moves here over the next couple weeks, and those are just a couple names I'd expect to see shifted around a bit.

rdivaldi
06-28-2004, 04:56 PM
There is a lot of dead weight in both AA and AAA that you could just cut off if you ask me. But I totally agree with Randar that Anderson and Rogowski need to be promoted to AA as soon as possible. Spidale can go to AAA and Nanita can go back to Winston-Salem.

Chisoxfn
07-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Reggie Taylor just signed and was sent to Charlotte, which will essentially replace Reed.

I also heard that the Warthogs are looking to add another outfielder, specifically a centerfielder. To me Nanita, who has picked things up, fits the bill nicely, but from what I understand, they are looking at a minor league FA of some sort.