PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Valvano: White Sox are "dangerous"

Bisco Stu
06-28-2004, 02:19 AM
He says now that we have a better offense and staff than the Twinkies.

MRKARNO
06-28-2004, 02:22 AM
In fact not a single team in the majors have a better offense than us and now with Garcia, I think our pitching certainly is better than theirs

RKMeibalane
06-28-2004, 08:45 AM
The Sox have a better offense and pitching staff than Minnesota on paper. It will be interesting to see if they do on the field, as well.

nasox
06-28-2004, 11:43 AM
The Sox have a better offense and pitching staff than Minnesota on paper. It will be interesting to see if they do on the field, as well.
Yes, but that was with Ghandi at the helm. Now, with a more fiery and energetic Ozzie, I feel less concerned about that. With Ozzie I know the guys will we ready.

Kadafi311
06-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Well, we're leading the league in runs scored and 2nd in the AL in homers. We also now have three former, and certainly potential future, 18-21 game winners - with a couple of solid back of the rotation guys.

I like our chances in the Central :smile:

Maximo
06-28-2004, 12:22 PM
Yes, but that was with Ghandi at the helm. Now, with a more fiery and energetic Ozzie, I feel less concerned about that. With Ozzie I know the guys will we ready.
Like some others, I was not entirely overjoyed with Ozzie's hiring last winter.
However, I continue to be pleasantly surprised.

Case in point, Sunday's ball game against the Cubs. That was a game that last year's team would have given up, especially after Sosa's second homer. My thought process told me that Maddux was going to come out and finally nail it down after that. Furthermore, it looked as if Loaiza just wasn't going to find to his groove. Yet he, not Maddux, took the game over from the mound.

I thought the Sox outplayed, outhustled and out-fundamentaled a more superior team yesterday. I give Ozzie most of the credit for that.

Dadawg_77
06-28-2004, 12:33 PM
In fact not a single team in the majors have a better offense than us and now with Garcia, I think our pitching certainly is better than theirs
Yankees have a much better lineup then we do.

Iwritecode
06-28-2004, 12:43 PM
I thought the Sox outplayed, outhustled and out-fundamentaled a more superior team yesterday. I give Ozzie most of the credit for that.

No, the Sox just outplayed, outhustled and out-fundamentaled an over-hyped Cubs team.

Kinda the same thing the Marlins did last year...

Tragg
06-28-2004, 12:49 PM
We had the best team on paper last year.

Brian26
06-28-2004, 01:28 PM
We had the best team on paper last year.

Right, and we were also very dangerous last year. Things sometimes don't work out as they should. Hopefully we have a little luck on our side this year.

Lip Man 1
06-28-2004, 01:42 PM
The Sox certainly have made a good start. I still think they need another middle man. Games can be won or lost in the 6th and 7th innings as well as the 9th.

Catching also has to be looked at although I don't know who might be available.

Lip

fusillirob1983
06-28-2004, 11:26 PM
To take what Magic Johnson said during the Pistons and Lakers series, the Sox "outphysicalled" the Cubs on Sunday.

Brian26
06-28-2004, 11:28 PM
To take what Magic Johnson said during the Pistons and Lakers series, the Sox "outphysicalled" the Cubs on Sunday.
And, we have bigger stones.

WHITE SOX BASEBALL 2004: WE HAVE BIGGER STONES!

scottyl
06-29-2004, 12:25 AM
And, we have bigger stones.

LOL

MeanFish
06-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Yankees have a much better lineup then we do.
What's your reasoning? I know it's more expensive, but ours has simply outperformed it so far by most practical and empirical standards.