PDA

View Full Version : Poor Miggy

South Side
06-27-2004, 10:58 PM
This trade only hurts more (although I am only half against it- the half that dealt Miguel) with the fact that Miguel isn't taking it well. The fact that he couldn't talk to reporters (he apologized for that) really got me. I think it's really sad considering what a quality guy they all say he is plus how sensitive he is. Personally, I thought he should be kept around for a long time to come... Good luck Miguel!

doublem23
06-27-2004, 11:02 PM
If he's this upset, maybe he'll try and come back when he's up for free agency... Who knows. Baseball is a business and the best way to make money is to win... If he can't comprehend that, well, I don't know what to say. He's a very good player, I'm sure he'll do well in Seattle.

SoxxoS
06-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Got to feel for him, but if he keeps doing his job: He is going to be playing a game for a living making millions. You take the good with the bad. One day, he could be a 10-5 guy. It's a business, especially when you are young.

SoxFan78
06-27-2004, 11:05 PM
The Sox needed to make the trade, no doubt about that. But it just sucked we had to put Olivio in with it. Most anybody else on the team would of been ok. But Miguel was a young catcher that played hard and was gonna play hard for a long time.

It just sucked he had to be with the trade. I hope if Seattle comes to town us Sox fans give Olivio a standing ovation and hope to see him again some day in a Sox uniform.

mantis1212
06-27-2004, 11:06 PM
He'll certainly get some cheers when Seattle comes back here in a few weeks

daveeym
06-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah, the only boos he'll get is if he lights us up.

WhiteSox = Life
06-27-2004, 11:14 PM
It's a shame to see him go, but I'm sure he'll do well in Seattle.

I'll remember him fondly and particularly never forget one moment in 2002 Spring Training. An Asian guy was behind a fence, and inside, Olivo was practicing. Speaking in disjointed English, the man said: "Miguel Olivo. Number one catcher. Baseball."

Best of luck to Miguel Olivo... YES!

kittle545feet
06-27-2004, 11:15 PM
yeah guys, i know how you feel. i have to say i probably was as upset as anyone about having to give up olivo. i guarantee we miss olivo this year. he played balls out and was only getting better. i hope he kicks ass with the mariners.:whiner:

samram
06-27-2004, 11:20 PM
yeah guys, i know how you feel. i have to say i probably was as upset as anyone about having to give up olivo. i guarantee we miss olivo this year. he played balls out and was only getting better. i hope he kicks ass with the mariners.:whiner:
Yeah, I like the trade, but I feel bad for such a guy like Miguel, who probably thought he had a starting job for another five years with a guy who spoke his language and with whom he was comfortable. Sometimes it's easy for us as fans to not see the human side of these things. That said, gotta do what you gotta do from a competitive standpoint.

jabrch
06-27-2004, 11:23 PM
I agree with everyone on this one. Maybe some day we will see him back here. He has a heck of a lot of potential. But for now, he was the bargaining chip that KW had to move. That's the way this game goes.

OurBitchinMinny
06-27-2004, 11:34 PM
When is his contract up? We have no catching in the minors, alomar is old and ben davis sucks. Well I guess if burke hits .400 for the rest of his career we will be ok