PDA

View Full Version : Final Word

South Side
06-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Did anyone happen to see the Final Word? At the very end they did a Cubs comeback to Us vs. Them. It was pretty lame. :smile:

SoxFan76
06-27-2004, 10:34 PM
LOL, my little brother just told me about it. It's pretty funny, because the Cubs marketing director has been quoted several times saying he doesn't understand why the Sox would bring up their enemy.

And the material I guess was pretty lame. Another Ligue mentioning, I had to explain to my brother the real story. I am slowly turning him into a TRUE Sox fan.:cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Did anyone happen to see the Final Word? At the very end they did a Cubs comeback to Us vs. Them. It was pretty lame. :smile:
Okay, I'm dumb. What is the Final Word? Some lame weekend sports wrap-up?

doublem23
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, it's on Fox, featuring the great Corey McPherrin and Tom Waddle. I saw that Cubs Us vs. Them bit on Fox News in the Morning on Friday. I laughed. I would have thought the Cubs would have done something about the Sox's successful bit, but they were probably too busy rolling in the money they make off scalping their own tickets.

South Side
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, it's not too bad though. Tom Waddle and Cory McPherren (sp?) are the hosts. It was unofficial though, wasn't created by the Cubs marketing people.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, it's on Fox, featuring the great Corey McPherrin and Tom Waddle. I saw that Cubs Us vs. Them bit on Fox News in the Morning on Friday. I laughed. I would have thought the Cubs would have done something about the Sox's successful bit, but they were probably too busy rolling in the money they make off scalping their own tickets.LOL! The Flubs (or Flubs fans) created this rebuttal piece or was it Channel 32?

Either way it is beyond lame. The Evil Empire claims they don't care about the Sox but reveal their true colors, or Fox-32 claims they aren't biased but reveal their true colors.

Heads I win, tails they lose. What morons we're dealing with here...

:gulp:

South Side
06-27-2004, 10:48 PM
LOL! The Flubs (or Flubs fans) created this rebuttal piece or was it Channel 32?

Either way it is beyond lame. The Evil Empire claims they don't care about the Sox but reveal their true colors, or Fox-32 claims they aren't biased but reveal their true colors.

Channel 32. It ended nicely with footage of the drunk Cubs fans attacking the ump.

mantis1212
06-27-2004, 10:54 PM
LOL! The Flubs (or Flubs fans) created this rebuttal piece or was it Channel 32?

It was Bruce Wolf crackin' wise once again. I still think he's actually a Sox fan

doublem23
06-27-2004, 10:54 PM

It was the creation of Fox.

http://www.1magicshop.com/images/shimtails.jpg
They lose!

doublem23
06-27-2004, 10:59 PM
It was Bruce Wolf crackin' wise once again. I still think he's actually a Sox fan
On Friday, Darlene Hill and Patrick Elwood were ribbing Bruce because he is a Sox fan, so I think, deep down he is. Elwood did gain my admiration for admitting on the air that he's a huge Sox fan. He's from Oak Lawn and went to Brother Rice, so he better damn well be.

http://164.109.57.253/dynamic/images/stories/personalities/patrick_elwood.jpg
I'm a big Sox homer!

inta
06-27-2004, 11:19 PM
it wasn't done by the cubs, as already stated here.

it was silly, nothing more than what most cubs fans already say.
funny they called it a rebuttal, i always thought the sox' "us/them" thing was done as a rebuttal to that silly cubs flash piece from earlier this year.

Uncle_Patrick
06-28-2004, 08:04 AM
It did have Ronnie Woo-Woo's seal of approval.