PDA

View Full Version : July 3rd, SOX FANS MOBILIZE!!!

Hondo
06-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Amidst the talk of the Garcia trade I figured I'd take this chance with so many people on the board to find out who amongst us is going to Saturday's game at the Shrine.
I along with my brother will be there.
I'm not going Friday because I have to WORK, novel idea I know. And Sunday, well you couldn't pay me to be in clowtown on July 4th @ night with my sox garb on.
Who is going Saturday??
Where you sitting at??
Do you want to meet up before or afterwards for beverages??? Preferably away from clowtown.
Dugans anyone???
I'm still hesitant about going but I can't pass up a free ticket.

P.S-I was in the patio of the BSB on Saturday and it was so enjoyable. Was anyone else there??

MODS-Move this to where you see fit.

SOX PRIDE!!!!

gosox3072
06-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Im earnestly trying to get tickets off of ebay for this game but it seem that they are quite a bit out of the price range. If i do go i would like to meet up.

MUsoxfan
06-28-2004, 01:12 AM
I purchased tickets for this game from a broker across the street from Wrigley when I went to the Cardinals game a couple weeks ago. I got 4 seats in the first 6 rows of the 200 level (between the bases) for $100 each, which I found to be pretty reasonable. To quote the broker: "Alot of people come in here with 500 level tickets and try to sell them for $200 each. These people think they're holding gold in their hands. If I tried to sell these tickets for $200 each, I'd go out of business."

Anyone wishing to go to that game would probably want to try to do that.

Hondo
06-28-2004, 01:26 PM
There is strength in numbers.
For those around Clowntown. When do the bars open up???

bobj4400
06-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I am going Sunday night...got my ticket from the worst fan combination in the history of sports: a Packer/Cubs fan...

jabrch
06-28-2004, 01:32 PM
I'll be there. I'll probably pre-party at Yakzees (they serve Miller products) at about 11. I am sitting behind the plate in the 200s.

daveeym
06-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Amidst the talk of the Garcia trade I figured I'd take this chance with so many people on the board to find out who amongst us is going to Saturday's game at the Shrine.
I along with my brother will be there.
I'm not going Friday because I have to WORK, novel idea I know. And Sunday, well you couldn't pay me to be in clowtown on July 4th @ night with my sox garb on.
Who is going Saturday??
Where you sitting at??
Do you want to meet up before or afterwards for beverages??? Preferably away from clowtown.
Dugans anyone???
I'm still hesitant about going but I can't pass up a free ticket.

P.S-I was in the patio of the BSB on Saturday and it was so enjoyable. Was anyone else there??

MODS-Move this to where you see fit.

SOX PRIDE!!!! I was at a patio party before the game. Kicked ass like always, way too many flub fans in there though. When did they remove the fencing on top so the players can now toss balls into the patio area?

Tekijawa
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
I was at a patio party before the game. Kicked ass like always, way too many flub fans in there though. When did they remove the fencing on top so the players can now toss balls into the patio area?
Right after the three morons ran out on the field from center last year... Makes it a little harder to get to the field from out there now:gulp:

Hondo
06-28-2004, 01:54 PM
I was at a patio party before the game. Kicked ass like always, way too many flub fans in there though. When did they remove the fencing on top so the players can now toss balls into the patio area?
No clue man.

Hey, got the "tix" today from StubHub-aka "the fouth reich"
I'm sitting in Sec. 509, Row 1.
Bring your Sherpa and come say hi.

IlliniSox
06-28-2004, 02:21 PM
I'll be there. I'll probably pre-party at Yakzees (they serve Miller products) at about 11. I am sitting behind the plate in the 200s.
Jabrch, where's Yakzees? Bud is crap.

Streets
06-28-2004, 02:31 PM
I'll be there with 3 cub fans unfortunately. We're out in left field in the 500s. I'm trying to figure out where we should attempt to park. Anyone have any tips for parking in massive crowds of Lakeview? I'm hoping the Dan Ryan/LSD doesn't kill my trip and extend it longer than it should be. With Taste going on, and it being the 4th weekend, the city will be insanely packed.

Hokiesox
06-28-2004, 03:06 PM
I am going Sunday night...got my ticket from the worst fan combination in the history of sports: a Packer/Cubs fan...
Did he have horns and fire behind him?

Hondo
06-28-2004, 09:22 PM
I'll be there with 3 cub fans unfortunately. We're out in left field in the 500s. I'm trying to figure out where we should attempt to park. Anyone have any tips for parking in massive crowds of Lakeview? I'm hoping the Dan Ryan/LSD doesn't kill my trip and extend it longer than it should be. With Taste going on, and it being the 4th weekend, the city will be insanely packed.
Did I read this right??
You're dropping acid before Saturday's game??

I'm going to load up on Sour Patch Kids and Pepsi. We'll Party.

Streets
06-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Did I read this right??
You're dropping acid before Saturday's game??

I'm going to load up on Sour Patch Kids and Pepsi. We'll Party.
LSD= Lake Shore Drive

I saw no teal so I figured you really didn't know. Trip = my drive up to the north side.

soxwon
06-28-2004, 10:29 PM
my aunt is a flubs season ticket holder

every year she gives me 2 tix for my birthday to the sox-cubs
im in sec 215 row 12 1-2 seats

ill meet any sox fan at cubby bear at noon saturday
ill be by the small bar by the stairs going from first to second level
ask for soxwon

Hondo
06-28-2004, 10:32 PM
LSD= Lake Shore Drive

I saw no teal so I figured you really didn't know. Trip = my drive up to the north side.
I'm retarded. Sorry

I was looking at the weather and it looks as of right now to be scattered T-storms. Which could suck.

Soxwon,
I've never been to any of the bars in Wrigleyville. Is the Cubby Bear a place where a Sox fan will get hassled more than others???

Mohoney
06-29-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm retarded. Sorry

I was looking at the weather and it looks as of right now to be scattered T-storms. Which could suck.

Soxwon,
I've never been to any of the bars in Wrigleyville. Is the Cubby Bear a place where a Sox fan will get hassled more than others???

If you go to Cubby Bear, I'll disown you.

Anyway, see you on the 23rd, bud.

Hondo
06-29-2004, 08:11 AM
If you go to Cubby Bear, I'll disown you.

Anyway, see you on the 23rd, bud.

You're right. I can't set foot in there.
What's the deal with that Yakzees' place??

jabrch
06-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Jabrch, where's Yakzees? Bud is crap.Yakzees is the only Miller bar right by the park. It is on Clark, just North of Wrigley.

jabrch
06-29-2004, 08:24 AM
You're right. I can't set foot in there.
What's the deal with that Yakzees' place??
Incidentally, the guy who used to manage Yakzees was a big Sox fan. It is a moderately Sox-Friendly place. Walk North on Clark past Wrigley and it is right there on the left side. A big yellow sign. They have an awesome outdoor area, decent wings, tolerable pizza and Miller beer!

Realist
06-29-2004, 08:37 AM
I'm going to the game on Sunday, but I manage a bar 4 blocks north of the Urinal. It's called Nick's Uptown. The address is 4015 N. Sheridan. Just walk up Sheffield and cross Irving Park. After crossing Irving Park, Sheffield becomes Sheridan. The bar opens at 4pm and there's no way in hell I would allow a Sox fan to be harrassed in Nick's.

We normally don't get a ton of Cubs traffic after the games and the people we do get are normally the Cubs slightly older fans that want to avoid the zoo-like atmosphere that surrounds the Urinal.

We also serve Miller products. Bring home a winner, Saturday goers!

Go Sox!! :drunken:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30523

Hangar18
06-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm going to the game on Sunday, but I manage a bar 4 blocks north of the Urinal. It's called Nick's Uptown. The address is 4015 N. Sheridan. Just walk up Sheffield and cross Irving Park. After crossing Irving Park, Sheffield becomes Sheridan. The bar opens at 4pm and there's no way in hell I would allow a Sox fan to be harrassed in Nick's.

We normally don't get a ton of Cubs traffic after the games and the people we do get are normally the Cubs slightly older fans that want to avoid the zoo-like atmosphere that surrounds the Urinal.

We also serve Miller products. Bring home a winner, Saturday goers!

Go Sox!! :drunken:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30523
Too bad you guys arent OPEN during the DAY GAMES, Id consider watching the games in there FriSat...........but im heading with Kittle42 to one of the games in the Bleachers I think ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Kittle and I, though we
are only 2, were like 10 SOX FANS

soxwon
06-29-2004, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=jabrch]Yakzees is the only Miller bar right by the park. It is on Clark, just North of Wrigley

_________
yakzees it is 3:00 game meet you there at 2:00

why are the gams late?
all the frickin cub fans will be totaled by three, are they stupid or what?
why not 1:00?

JoseCanseco6969
06-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Just got a ticket off ebay, so question for everyone who are going saturday. are you guys going wearing Sox stuff to the game or are you playing it neutral trying not to start any fights?? just wondering

ohh also , i think we should all meet up at the cubbie bear and class that place up a little!:D:

Hondo
06-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Just got a ticket off ebay, so question for everyone who are going saturday. are you guys going wearing Sox stuff to the game or are you playing it neutral trying not to start any fights?? just wondering

ohh also , i think we should all meet up at the cubbie bear and class that place up a little!:D:
I'm going to be wearing my '83 cap and a three quarter shirt with the old logo on it. Since I have ape arms it only goes down to above my elbows.:dtroll:

I can't go into a place with the word "cubby" in the title.
Me and the brother will be getting there early.
Do gates open 2 hours prior at the shrine???

JoseCanseco6969
06-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Just picked up my ticket, Section 533 Row 8. Any of you guys around that area or know if it sucks to view a game??? let me know

IUSOXFAN
07-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Neutral? Don't even think about going neutral! Those Flubs fans come to our park and wear their Flubby blue even when the Flubs are not playing there!!!

Make sure you wear you Sox gear for these 3 games! You will just have to control yourself and not get into any fights!
We are in first place, Dammit!!