PDA

View Full Version : i am very dissapointed...

whitesox30
06-27-2004, 10:25 PM
I am a 16 year old from Waterloo Iowa and have posted very little on this website....but when i heard the news of miguel olivo being traded to the mariners i was about to break down because i heard all this good news about him and how hes going to be one hell of a player for us in a couple of seasons....i like having freddy with us but i dont think we should have given up olivo in part of the deal......Ben davis wont do a thing for us...hes batting .091 and 3 for 33....tell me what you think....

doublem23
06-27-2004, 10:27 PM
I agree, but sometimes you have to trade talent to get some talent. Who knows what else is in KW's got in his sleeve? Let's see what happens before we evaluate this trade. But yeah, when I heard Olivo was part of the deal, I was upset. I like Miggy... He's a good guy.

BTW, welcome to WSI!

lowesox
06-27-2004, 10:30 PM
I hope Kenny has nothing else up his sleeve. He is anything but a magician.

Tragg
06-27-2004, 10:35 PM
I am a 16 year old from Waterloo Iowa and have posted very little on this website....but when i heard the news of miguel olivo being traded to the mariners i was about to break down because i heard all this good news about him and how hes going to be one hell of a player for us in a couple of seasons
I was about your age when the Veeck traded my favorite player, Bucky Dent, for one Oscar Gamble and a minor leaguer. I think I did cry.

But a few years later, the throw-in in that trade trekked to the mound- one La Marr Hoyt. I was smiling in 1983.

Anyway, let's win a WS!

havelj
06-27-2004, 10:44 PM
...and then LaMarr Hoyt for Ozzie and the rest is history.:cool:

Whitesox029
06-28-2004, 12:49 AM
I am a 16 year old from Waterloo Iowa and have posted very little on this website....but when i heard the news of miguel olivo being traded to the mariners i was about to break down because i heard all this good news about him and how hes going to be one hell of a player for us in a couple of seasons....i like having freddy with us but i dont think we should have given up olivo in part of the deal......Ben davis wont do a thing for us...hes batting .091 and 3 for 33....tell me what you think....There are some weird similarities here, wouldn't you say? I'm also 16, by the way, for those of you who didn't know.
Anyway, I'm sad to see miguel go as well, but in a deal like this, you can't focus on the bad; you must focus on the good. Freddy Garcia has a 3.20 ERA. That's very good. Here's to hoping he takes #29.....I'm tired of having a defunct posting name.

SouthBendSox
06-28-2004, 12:57 AM
the hardcore M's fans are verrrry happy with what they got

for what thats worth

SEALgep
06-28-2004, 01:00 AM

for what thats worthThey should be.

inta
06-28-2004, 01:01 AM

for what thats worth
of course they are, they have no hope for this season so they're already resigned to a rebuilding process... and this trade helps that.

doublem23
06-28-2004, 01:02 AM
They should be.
Yes, just like hardcore Sox fans should be pretty happy with this deal.

Hokiesox
06-28-2004, 08:12 AM
Any Chance we could resign Miggy whenever his contract is up in a couple years?

harwar
06-28-2004, 08:23 AM

for what thats worthYes,they are happy getting something very good in the trade but make no mistake they are just as sad as we are because Freddy Garcia was a fan favorite and will be sorely missed there.

steff
06-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Any Chance we could resign Miggy whenever his contract is up in a couple years?.

I think Seattle will sign him long term and make him their catcher for a while.