PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Boyer = Genius

dpbyron
06-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Besides the whole Us vs Them campaign, which could not have been any more successful :D: , did anyone catch the postgame video montage after the game!?

We didn't notice it until about half way through it, but we did notice the following....

A cute little Cubbie logo with a big circle crossout over it! :bandance:
A video montage of Cub lowlights combined with Sox highlights! :bandance:
The distinct sound of corks popping! :bandance:
The song that was playing seemed to be saying "Goodbye Dusty!" :bandance:
Finally, when Maddux was lifted they played a video of Bill Rancic (The winner of the Apprentice) in a Sox jersey and hat saying "I hate to say this, but YOU'RE FIRED!"

PRICELESS!

IlliniSoxFan
06-27-2004, 09:19 PM
That's sweet - this new guy Brooks is awesome!!!

cheeses_h_rice
06-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Also during the game today was the "WHAT IF?" video series of unlikely people wearing Sox caps/clothing, including Ron Santo, Gov. Blagojevich (an actual undoctored photo of him throwing out the first ball in a Sox jacket), and -- ouch -- Steve Bartman, which got a pretty big response from the crowd. We were cracking up at the cheekiness of it all.

dpbyron
06-27-2004, 09:25 PM
OMG! I forgot about the "What if" with Bartman! UNREAL!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

HomeFish
06-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Also during the game today was the "WHAT IF?" video series of unlikely people wearing Sox caps/clothing, including Ron Santo, Gov. Blagojevich (an actual undoctored photo of him throwing out the first ball in a Sox jacket), and -- ouch -- Steve Bartman, which got a pretty big response from the crowd. We were cracking up at the cheekiness of it all.

They did that with Woo Woo too. Only instead of putting him in Sox stuff, they put a big x through him.

inta
06-27-2004, 09:30 PM
hahaha

that's awesome!
i noticed the "what if" thing yesterday, but missed most of it.

Paxson93
06-28-2004, 09:12 AM
That was good stuff. :bandance:

In the "What If" they also showed The Osbournes singing in the 7th Inning at Wrigley with Sox hats & jerseys on. And Billy Corgan (Corrigan? Whatever, he's a tool) in a Sox hat.

jackbrohamer
06-28-2004, 09:58 AM
It's nice to see them use the CF screen for something creative, instead of the same canned junk they usually play on it.