PDA

View Full Version : If the Cubune were even-handed, the headline in tomorrow's paper should read...

cheeses_h_rice
06-27-2004, 09:11 PM
"CUBS TUMBLING TOWARD 4TH PLACE."

But I'm not counting on it.

:gulp::bandance: :smokin:

alohafri
06-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Here are some possible headlines tomorrow:

CUBS LOOKING AHEAD TO SWEEP AT WRIGLEY
++
DUSTY: THIS SERIES 'NOT THAT IMPORTANT'
++
CUBS' LOSS A SMALL BUMP IN ROAD TO WORLD SERIES
++
CUBS 5 GAMES OUT OF FIRST--BUT IT'S ONLY JUNE
++
SAMMY SLAMS 2--CUB FANS GO HOME HAPPY DESPITE LOSS
++

---Mrs. Aloha

dickallen15
06-27-2004, 09:34 PM
That is a point I made to Barry Rozner. You hear everywhere how the Sox/Cubs series is like the World Series to Sox fans but it allegedly just another series for Cub fans. That must be why Cub fans pay 8 times face value for tickets to risk their lives on the the supposed very dangerous southside, to watch their team get beat by a team who sucks, in the worst stadium in the world, year after year after year.....

doublem23
06-27-2004, 09:35 PM
That is a point I made to Barry Rozner. You hear everywhere how the Sox/Cubs series is like the World Series to Sox fans but it allegedly just another series for Cub fans. That must be why Cub fans pay 8 times face value for tickets to risk their lives on the the supposed very dangerous southside, to watch their team get beat by a team who sucks, in the worst stadium in the world, year after year after year.....
They just like the cheaper beer.

1951Campbell
06-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Ask Cub Fan why Dusty juggled the rotation for this series.

mantis1212
06-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Here are some possible headlines tomorrow:

CUBS LOOKING AHEAD TO SWEEP AT WRIGLEY
++
DUSTY: THIS SERIES 'NOT THAT IMPORTANT'
++
CUBS' LOSS A SMALL BUMP IN ROAD TO WORLD SERIES
++
CUBS 5 GAMES OUT OF FIRST--BUT IT'S ONLY JUNE
++
SAMMY SLAMS 2--CUB FANS GO HOME HAPPY DESPITE LOSS
++

---Mrs. Aloha
Honestly, that last headline seems feasible. Scary

1951Campbell
06-27-2004, 10:07 PM
:giantsnail

pissonthecubs
06-27-2004, 10:10 PM
always a possible cubune headline:

World Series Bound Cubs too Much for Sox...On Friday

SOXSINCE'70
06-27-2004, 10:17 PM

:gulp::bandance: :smokin:I agree.To quote Steven Tyler,"Dream On".Had fun at the game today.When they played "Rock and Roll All Nite" between innings late in the game,I changed the lyrics to "I wanna rock and roll all nite,and beat the scrUBS every day".:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

WSox8404
06-27-2004, 11:52 PM

:gulp::bandance: :smokin:
A more realistic one: "CUBS MAINTAIN HOLD ON THIRD PLACE."