PDA

View Full Version : KW Appreciation

inta
06-27-2004, 09:48 PM
I just want to tip my hat to KW on his mindset with today's trade.
It's definitely not a steal, like everyone on WSI seems to expect, but it bolsters our biggest hole this year and show's we're playing for THIS YEAR.

I love the aggression in the face of so much JR cheapness.
One sure way to help resign all these FA's after this year... win.

Hope he has more in store.

ps. this is not meant as a trade discussion thread. there's already 30+ pages of that on this forum. so save it.

doublem23
06-27-2004, 10:25 PM
I agree. I was upset at KW at the beginning of his tenure, but as time has gone by, he's getting better and better at this, IMO. At least he's trying to take a shot at this. We're in a weak division and baseball play-offs are built in such a way that all you have to do is get to October and anything can happen.

Go Sox!

gobears1987
06-28-2004, 01:26 AM
I tend to disagree with kW most of the time, but I have to like this trade, the only objections I have are sentimental ones about Miguel.

MRKARNO
06-28-2004, 01:31 AM
You might not like all of KW's trades, you have to like his attitude, to go for it whenever we can. He made out badly on two deals, the Ritchie and the Koch trade, but otherwise he's been very good. The KW haters will bring up these two trades forever, but he shouldnt be judged by only these trades.

TaylorStSox
06-28-2004, 01:35 AM
I like KW. He's a good GM. I appreciate that he tries. I don't like this trade though.

inta
06-28-2004, 02:00 AM
You might not like all of KW's trades, you have to like his attitude, to go for it whenever we can. He made out badly on two deals, the Ritchie and the Koch trade, but otherwise he's been very good. The KW haters will bring up these two trades forever, but he shouldnt be judged by only these trades.

he also got rid of koch before this year was up.

:smile: