PDA

View Full Version : Patterson getting punked...

AnkleSox
06-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Can someone please explain to me what happened with Patterson at second base? I was at the taste all day and kept checking my cell phone for scores.

None of the major news sites talk about it, but from these boards I know it involves harris and valentin tricking him with a false throw, but i'd appreciate if someone could explain it in detail becuase it sounds funny as hell. :D:

mantis1212
06-27-2004, 08:24 PM
It was hilarious! Patterson attempts a steal, and Moises flies out to right field. Jose and Willie act out a mime double play ball (complete with Jose throwing a fake ball to first), and Corey slides into second, then jumps up realizes what happened, and runs back to first- no before being thrown out by a mile.

Iguana775
06-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Patterson was at 1st and whoever was at bat hit a fly ball to right. Patterson was trying to steal 2nd and when the ball was hit he didnt look to where the ball was going. so Harris and Jose acted like they were going to throw to 1st for the out and patterson bought it. Timo then caught it and threw it to 1st to double him up.

TornLabrum
06-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Patterson was at 1st and whoever was at bat hit a fly ball to right. Patterson was trying to steal 2nd and when the ball was hit he didnt look to where the ball was going. so Harris and Jose acted like they were going to throw to 1st for the out and patterson bought it. Timo then caught it and threw it to 1st to double him up.
The best part was when Patterson stood up, looked back, and held his arms out as if he were saying, "What happened?" before he ran back to first.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Damn it! I cant believe i missed all that! I was at a family party and was listening to the radio. Did all that really happen?

FarWestChicago
06-27-2004, 08:28 PM
The best part was when Patterson stood up, looked back, and held his arms out as if he were saying, "What happened?" before he ran back to first.:caballo

And some of you people say I'm dumb. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Iguana775
06-27-2004, 08:30 PM
The best part was when Patterson stood up, looked back, and held his arms out as if he were saying, "What happened?" before he ran back to first.
also, if they didnt get him him at first, they could have appealed cause he never touched 2nd on his way back. he slid in to 2nd, got up wondering what happened and walked off the bag. then he ran back to 1st.

doublem23
06-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Damn it! I cant believe i missed all that! I was at a family party and was listening to the radio. Did all that really happen?
Oh yeah... They showed it on WGN. At first, when the play was live I was wondering how Timo could have picked him off, but then they showed the replay and he was totally suckered in by Valentin and Harris that the ball wasn't hit. He slid in and everything, stood up for a few seconds before he realized what was happening.

Utterly hilarious. That play really was the icing on the weekend.

AnkleSox
06-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Oh man that is awesome! I wish i could find a video clip of that somewhere :(

doublem23
06-27-2004, 08:39 PM
You could try taping Instant Replay on WGN tonight. Might be on TV... Otherwise, I think you can get games on mlb.com and the Cub and Sox feed would be the same thing, so I know it would be n that coverage.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-27-2004, 08:40 PM
mabye they'll have it here eventually :dunno:

DrCrawdad
06-27-2004, 08:41 PM

The best part of the double play is that the Sox got the Cubbies once before this on this play and in THIS SERIES! At the moment, I can't remember if it was Friday or Saturday.

I videoed the game. You're welcome to borrow it, if you'll pick it up.

sox_fan_forever
06-27-2004, 08:42 PM
The best part of the double play is that the Sox got the Cubbies once before this on this play and in THIS SERIES! At the moment, I can't remember if it was Friday or Saturday.
Yep, that happened Friday.

Blob
06-27-2004, 08:44 PM

I videoed the game. You're welcome to borrow it, if you'll pick it up.
Twice = twice as sweet!!!

1951Campbell
06-27-2004, 08:55 PM
:manos :weewillie

"Well, Ozzie was telling us how embarrassing it is to get faked out or picked off, so we figured we'd use that knowledge..."

doublem23
06-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Yep, that happened Friday.
Um, I fell asleep during most of Friday's game (my job is an energy sucking bitch), but I do know the Sox did that on Saturday. I think it was Timo, then, too.

Tavarin
06-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Um, I fell asleep during most of Friday's game (my job is an energy sucking bitch), but I do know the Sox did that on Saturday. I think it was Timo, then, too.

It was definitely Saturday, cause Gload was in right on Friday

WSox8404
06-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Ha. Patterson is as goofy on the basepaths as Lee is. I love it.