PDA

View Full Version : Maggs

chisox1388
06-27-2004, 09:10 PM
I think, we have to get Ordonez signed. We must wait until the July 31st deadline to see if we can get him signed. We will have to make him an offer to him that is respectable and hopefully he signs it. If he doesn't, they should have a deal in place with Atlanta for Andruw Jones and Johnny Estrada straight up for Maggs. I think Atlanta would do this deal, and after losing Olivo, we need a catcher because Alomar can't catch everyday and I don't trust Burke and Ben Davis is probably not the answer.

TaylorStSox
06-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I think, we have to get Ordonez signed. We must wait until the July 31st deadline to see if we can get him signed. We will have to make him an offer to him that is respectable and hopefully he signs it. If he doesn't, they should have a deal in place with Atlanta for Andruw Jones and Johnny Estrada straight up for Maggs. I think Atlanta would do this deal, and after losing Olivo, we need a catcher because Alomar can't catch everyday and I don't trust Burke and Ben Davis is probably not the answer.
Out of curiosity. Why do you think Atlanta would trade the best defensive CF'er in baseball, whose not a bad hitter, and a promising catcher for a RF'er?

chisox1388
06-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Have you not been paying attention to any of the Sox-Braves rumors the last few days? Obviously not, so let me fill you in. The Braves are trying to free themselves of some salary for next year, and are looking for a power hitting outfielder. The Braves have given up on Andruw Jones' potential and don't think he can be what he should be. Maggs is too valuable to us, and they know we probably won't need Ortiz now, and trading Estrada while his value is as high as it is, would probably be a nice move for them.

SEALgep
06-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Out of curiosity. Why do you think Atlanta would trade the best defensive CF'er in baseball, whose not a bad hitter, and a promising catcher for a RF'er?Not saying they will, but to dump salary. Jones has been a disappointment to the Braves the last couple years. He's gained weight and is starting to have knee problems. That and he is batting like .250 with four homers and making 12-13 million over the next four years. That's why they probably would, and why I would say no thanks.

rmusacch
06-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Have you not been paying attention to any of the Sox-Braves rumors the last few days? Obviously not, so let me fill you in. The Braves are trying to free themselves of some salary for next year, and are looking for a power hitting outfielder. The Braves have given up on Andruw Jones' potential and don't think he can be what he should be. Maggs is too valuable to us, and they know we probably won't need Ortiz now, and trading Estrada while his value is as high as it is, would probably be a nice move for them.
We still need Ortiz. Schoeneweis has reverted back to sucking lately.

TaylorStSox
06-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Not saying they will, but to dump salary. Jones has been a disappointment to the Braves the last couple years. He's gained weight and is starting to have knee problems. That and he is batting like .250 with four homers and making 12-13 million over the next four years. That's why they probably would, and why I would say no thanks.
.243/12/37

I've heard that he has gained weight and that he hasn't. I really don't know. He's having the worst season of his career but he's also playing for the worst Braves team in recent memory.

He's put up excellent numbers in the past in a hitter's park.

LauraJ14
06-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Why would the Sox take on Jone's 12 to 13 million dollar a year salary for the next 3 years? Come up with a couple of million more and resign Maggs!!!

rmusacch
06-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Not saying they will, but to dump salary. Jones has been a disappointment to the Braves the last couple years. He's gained weight and is starting to have knee problems. That and he is batting like .250 with four homers and making 12-13 million over the next four years. That's why they probably would, and why I would say no thanks.
Jones has twelve homers.