PDA

View Full Version : Herm says Maggs wants to stay!

Philo-Sox-er
06-27-2004, 06:47 PM
An article from mlb.com:

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040627&content_id=781882&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

eurotrash35
06-27-2004, 06:56 PM
I would love for Maggs to stay but if we can get Jones and Ortiz from Atlanta I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on that trade.

Iguana775
06-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I would have to think that with the Garcia trade, KW will try his hardest to resign Maggs now that Reed is gone.

To takes Miggy spot, Borchard should be called up.

jabrch
06-27-2004, 07:16 PM
I am sure Magglio is still welcome to stay - he is just going to have to drop his demand for Vlad type money. Management would love to keep him if they can.

TaylorStSox
06-27-2004, 07:18 PM
I'd rather have Jones too. If anything, I think this trade opens the door for LTP more than an indication that Maggs will resign.

rmusacch
06-27-2004, 07:31 PM
I would love for Maggs to stay but if we can get Jones and Ortiz from Atlanta I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on that trade.
Is Andruw a free agent after this season, like Ortiz and Garcia? If so, we could have a lot of holes to fill after this season if we pull the trigger on this trade.

Daver
06-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Is Andruw a free agent after this season, like Ortiz and Garcia? If so, we could have a lot of holes to fill after this season if we pull the trigger on this trade.
Jones is under contract through 2008.

rmusacch
06-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Jones is under contract through 2008.If that is the case, I pull the trigger on the trade, especially since it is looking like we are not going to re-sign him despite what roly poly says. I really like Andruw. Plus there is nothing that says we cannot sign him in the offseason if we trade him.

CLR01
06-27-2004, 07:51 PM
If that is the case, I pull the trigger on the trade, especially since it is looking like we are not going to re-sign him despite what roly poly says. I really like Andruw. Plus there is nothing that says we cannot sign him in the offseason if we trade him.

Deeppink time

An outfield of Lee, Jones and Maggs.

You could probably kiss Frank goodbye if that happened.

Lip Man 1
06-27-2004, 08:51 PM
I think Maggs wants to stay too but the bottom line when you get right down to it is how bad does Sox management want him to stay.

Ordonez may take a 'hometown team' discount but I don't think he or his agent will give up a ton of money to make it happen. And you still have the question of years and how much deferred money (and with or without interest?)

Lip

LASOXFAN
06-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Make it "Chipper" instead of Andruw and we'll throw in Crede. Works for me.

Jjav829
06-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Make it "Chipper" instead of Andruw and we'll throw in Crede. Works for me.
No, no, no. Chipper is older than Maggs. He's making more than Maggs is asking for and he appears to be on the downside of his career already. I would have absolutely no interest in Chipper Jones. Especially giving up Crede and Maggs for him.

LASOXFAN
06-29-2004, 01:47 AM
No, no, no. Chipper is older than Maggs. He's making more than Maggs is asking for and he appears to be on the downside of his career already. I would have absolutely no interest in Chipper Jones. Especially giving up Crede and Maggs for him.
A switch hitting slugger who can play infield or outfield?? Come on, if you're playing rent-a-player, he's a good one to get.

nitetrain8601
06-29-2004, 01:50 AM
I want Maggs to stay. I kind of want to know what's the latest offer from KW himself so if Maggs turns it down then I would know that it was him turning down a decent offer instead of me speculating. I expect to see Maggs in a Red Sox Uniform next year drinking tonics and Noma-h to be in a Dodgers uni.