PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 06-27-04 Sox vs. Cubs Postgame Party Thread

FarWestChicago
06-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Discuss the ass handing of the Flubs here!

:party: http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/gulp.gif http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/bigbanana.gif http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/gulp.gif :party:

doublem23
06-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! :D:

Brian26
06-27-2004, 04:56 PM
:winner

Brian26
06-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Scrubs can't handle losing, can they?

My greatest memory of this series will be Jose throwing the invisible ball in turning the fake doubleplay with Willie while Patterson stood there trying to figure out what was going on.

JRIG
06-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Well, obviously Flubs fans won't be too upset. After all, Sammy went deep twice today and accomplished what he set out to do:

:corker

I love that tag.

oheeoh...magglio
06-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Beautiful, from panic to pandemonium on the south side in a span of only 48 hours.

Great job Felix, great job Paulie, great job all around boys.

Now let's go get the Twinkies and take 1st place back!!

:bandance:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-27-2004, 04:58 PM
:crossdresser
"How can this be? The Cubs are the better team and I enjoy their successes!"

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

WinningUgly!
06-27-2004, 04:59 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/Fireworks_red.gifhttp://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/Fireworks-blue.gifYES!http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/Fireworks-blue.gifhttp://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/Fireworks_red.gif

Brian26
06-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Clubhouse cancer and all 9 of his rbi's this weekend being interview on WGN right now.

voodoochile
Scrubs can't handle losing, can they?

My greatest memory of this series will be Jose throwing the invisible ball in turning the fake doubleplay with Willie while Patterson stood there trying to figure out what was going on.
LOL! I am sure Dusty will whine about that too...:supernana:

Jerry_Manuel
Great outing by the pen today. Nice to see Paul heating up in time for the Twinks.

I've got a feeling Murph is going to be "sick" and won't be on to discuss the Sox beat down of the Cubs.

WinningUgly!
:hawk

"I love Felix Diaz' big ol' stones!"

Brian26
06-27-2004, 05:01 PM
And now we're only 1 game out.

Nice way to start the work week.

owensmouth
06-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Not bad. We won two of the three games we were scheduled to lose (by the Moron).

Today we whipped their first time "rookie".

We helped the Cardinals to a 5 game lead.

E Lo recovered from early problems and was clearly the superior starter. Politte had another good outing. Marte finished them off.

ON TO THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE

mantis1212
:hawk

"I love Felix Diaz' big ol' stones!"
LOL Hawk certainly has had a preoccupation with those big ol' stones today!

WinningUgly!
And now we're only 1 game out.

Nice way to start the work week.
Unless KC is able to put 7 runs on the board in the 9th, the sCrUBBIES are about to be 5 games back.
:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

JRIG
06-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Not bad. We won two of the three games we were scheduled to lose (by the Moron).

Speaking of which...isn't it time for the Cubbune to update their blueprint for the Flubs winning 100 games this year? I think they've fallen just a bit off the pace. On track for 88 wins right now.

SOXPHILE
06-27-2004, 05:40 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Too bad they couldn't get the sweep, but 2 of three will do !! It'll be interesting to hear what people like the Moron, Murph, and all the others in the media who drink the blue & red Cub Kool-Aid have to say, and what type of excuses they'll be making. I guess there's only one thing to say::rooney THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:santo OHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!:whiner:

TommyJohn
06-27-2004, 05:42 PM
:moron

Don't you scum Sox fans think for a minute that your scum team is better
than my Cubbies!!!! (high-pitched and shrill) They would've won those games
if they hadn't lost them!!!!! My Mark and my Sammy will get you in Wrigley!!!!
Just you wait!!! I mean it!!! Doomsday!!! I'll take you all on!!! Bartman!!!
Bartman!!! BARTMAN!!!!

Sorry. Jay lost it there, folks. The attendants have subdued him.

VA_GoGoSox
06-27-2004, 06:09 PM
That's right chubbies fans. I've had to listen to you all blabber on and on since last fall. I've had to see every friggin' dumb a** bandwagon jumper walking down the street in a brand new $100 Kerry Wood jersey. I've had to see and hear the travishamockery that is the newspaper and sports radio coverage in Chicago. I've had to see the asinine sports illustrated cover. Well you know what? You can all have a nice big glass of shut the H*** up today!

THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER...............YES!!!!!!:gulp::gulp::gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
06-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Just got back from the park and I am still trying to absorb the news about the Garcia/Davis/Reed/Olivo deal. Wow. Thanks to Miguel for being a hell of a catcher for this team and going out on a very high note with his bat and arm today. I hope Garcia pans out. I'm very surprised to see the Sox of all teams get him.

Not a well played game by the Flubbies today, that's for sure. BUT, ELo was in real trouble, and I think the play that turned the tide was Hollandsworth's at-bat where he got hurt and they had to use Goodwin instead, who struck out. It just seemed to stanch the flow of bad voodoo coming from the North Side. Yeah, it sucked to see Sham-ME* get his groove back against Sox pitching (and, jesus, having to sit through all the Flub morons around me high-fiving each other and chanting Mr. Cork's name), but I said "watch this game turn out to be a 6-run White Sox margin of victory and be yet another loss when Sammy homers," and I wasn't far off.

Loved whatever happened on that play where Jose deeked Patterson. I had no idea what he was doing sitting on 2nd base as the ball was caught, but him getting doubled off of first was another big play.

Also loved Aramis Ramirez coming back to earth defensively this game, too. And Maddux? If he didn't have that big plate, he would have lost by even more.

The Sox put this one away early-ish, so there wasn't a lot of drama left. Just a few bitter Flub fans yelling "let's go Twins," even though they were about to lose, and the Cardinals were up big on the Royals. The sun did not shine on our North Side brethren today. Meanwhile, things are looking very much up on the South Side.

:gulp::gulp::gulp:

SOXPHILE
06-27-2004, 06:39 PM
That play with Patterson was hilarious. He was off and running with the pitch, and when Mr. Pee On His Hands flyed out, Patterson wasn't even looking, he just kept going and slid into 2nd. Valentine and Harris faked him out into thinking there was a play on him at second. After he was doubled off at 1st, he was walking back to the dugout looking back angrily at Jose and Willie because they had made him look like an idiot. Even Hawk commented on it, saying in effect, "It's your own fault Patterson". Whether you believe me or not, that was the moment I knew for a fact the Chubs were done for the day.

Using strategy and trickery to help win ball games are not what baseball is all about, and not what true fans want to see ! Everyone knows it's about drinking lots of beer, getting a tan, and singing the 7th inning stretch with the Bulls 1st round draft picks, or Jackie Mason !

Foulke You
06-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Some of you folks at the game might not have caught this but after Timo Perez hit his homer, he did the Sammy mock love tap routine in the dugout (a la Jose Valentin) for the WGN cameras. Absolutely beautiful! Took much of the sting away from seeing Sosa succeed in our park especially since it put us in the lead for good. Way to stick it to Sosa, Timo!!:D:

HomeFish
06-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Cubs are now 0-4 in Crosstown games I have attended.

Count'em:

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

DaveIsHere
06-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Some of you folks at the game might not have caught this but after Timo Perez hit his homer, he did the Sammy mock love tap routine in the dugout (a la Jose Valentin) for the WGN cameras. Absolutely beautiful! Took much of the sting away from seeing Sosa succeed in our park especially since it put us in the lead for good. Way to stick it to Sosa, Timo!!:D:
On the replay Timo also did t he kiss and point to the sky when he got to home plate, hilarious.....stick it to him.

bluestar
06-27-2004, 07:00 PM
I thought another key today was when Ozzie went out and it looked like he gave E-Lo a good, quick butt chewing. I don't know what was said, but it was said very passionately. After that, E-Lo started throwing inside, and the bleeding stopped.

HomeFish
06-27-2004, 07:01 PM
On the replay Timo also did t he kiss and point to the sky when he got to home plate, hilarious.....stick it to him.

I made sure to do the :worship: thing for Timo every time he came up or made a play, just like they used to do for that right fielder on the National Leauge club.

SOXPHILE
06-27-2004, 07:08 PM
I thought another key today was when Ozzie went out and it looked like he gave E-Lo a good, quick butt chewing. I don't know what was said, but it was said very passionately. After that, E-Lo started throwing inside, and the bleeding stopped.

Absolutely ! I was thinking the same thing too. That lit a little fire under him, the Patterson play took away whatever wind they had left in there sails, and I also think that the error by Ramirez at third got them down too. Plus, when Timo was doing his little Sammy imitation, you could see the whole team was real loose, and having fun. When I saw that, I almost fell off the couch laughing. Remember when Valentine did that either last year, or the year before, and Sammy and the rest of Cub Nation got their precious little panties all up in a bunch about it ?

cheeses_h_rice
06-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Absolutely ! I was thinking the same thing too. That lit a little fire under him, the Patterson play took away whatever wind they had left in there sails, and I also think that the error by Ramirez at third got them down too. Plus, when Timo was doing his little Sammy imitation, you could see the whole team was real loose, and having fun. When I saw that, I almost fell off the couch laughing. Remember when Valentine did that either last year, or the year before, and Sammy and the rest of Cub Nation got their precious little panties all up in a bunch about it ?
Who's Valentine?

Lip Man 1
06-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Considering the way they played Friday, I am VERY satisfied the way things turned out. Plus they are off Monday to relax and regroup for Minnesota with the pitching suddenly looking better (at least on paper.)

The Patterson / DP was brilliant, one of the small subtle things that's easy to miss in baseball.

Lip

C-Dawg
06-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Imagine me stuck in Denver all weekend, and neither AM 1000 nor WGN were coming in at all out there! I had to keep calling home for updates. I'm SO GLAD the Sat. and Sunday games came out like they did; I didn't want to face the ribbing Monday at work if the Cubs had swept.

alohafri
06-27-2004, 08:48 PM
The Aloha's were at the game today and Hangar was with us harassing the drillrod scrub fans in front of him....Hangar said one of them saw a buddy up a few rows and the buddy said how'd you get tix to the game and the DR said they paid $250 each for their tickets. I hear scrub fans say these games "mean more to Sox fans than cub fans" but if that is true, why would a scrub fan pay $250 to be at the game?

Meanwhile, I was at the other end of the aisle and the drillrod scrub fan behind me was talking smack about Sox fans and the Sox. I refused to acknowledge him and just ignored him. Then someone (Alou??) hit a high fly ball to the warning track and the DR thought it was going to be a HR so he was saying "yes! Yes! Yes!" but then Timo caught the ball, and I started yelling "Yes! Yes!" so that shut him up. Then at the 8th inning the DR said to his friend "I'm not giving Sox fans the satisfaction" and he got up and left.

It was a good time being at the game, but now I wish I would have taped it because of all the good stuff we missed on TV!

---Mrs. Aloha

PS--A shout-out to St. Jude--our hero!!!! (Those of you who were at our tailgate on Sat. and Sun. know what I mean)

:)

Dan H
06-27-2004, 08:58 PM
One of the greatest days for the Sox. Beating the Cubs, exposing their #5 pitcher as just that, a #5 pitcher. Then they pick up Garcia and seeing St. Louis win. Cub fans probably thought this was a Monday.

Whitesox029
06-27-2004, 11:39 PM
I've got some great stories about today's game, having been there. I was in section 518, row 18, a mere 3 rows from the top. Right before the whole patterson-being-doubled-off play, some cub fan got thrown out of the park for being what I assume is officially known as "disrespectful to the fans around him." He gave a middle finger as a parting shot, but we in 516 and 518 will all remember him for spilling his beer all down his front while tripping on the stairs to a chorus of "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye."
I also had the pleasure of attending today's game with a Houston Astros fan. My Uncle befriended him in Cooperstown last year and is giving him the grand tour of chicago on his current trip here. He's about 30, has mild Turret's syndrome and is obsessive compulsive (other than that, he's normal) We tailgated before the game and I played a little catch with him. He was just like a kid, very excited to be at the game. I would say he took about 40 photographs over the whole afternoon of everything in sight.
He was one of the few people not in sox or cubs clothing up until about the 5th inning when my Uncle took him downstairs to give him a bit of a tour. When he came back he was sporting a brand new Sox cap and flag.

Don't ya love it?
SOX PRIDE!!!!!

Oh yeah, me and my retro-60's-Sox hat are now 6-0 this year when attending Sox games. Keep sending me your tickets.