PDA

View Full Version : Cubbie Blogger, Al Yellon's take on the games...

DrCrawdad
06-27-2004, 10:25 AM
I enjoyed Cubbie blogger, Al Yellon's observations (http://www.yellon.org/links.htm) about Satuday's game.

The crowd was a little more feisty today than yesterday. I was in the LF bleachers, and there were at least two fights behind me, none serious, at least as far as I could tell. At one point, some Sox employees came out to do one of those T-shirt tosses, and one wound up in the hands of a guy wearing a Cub shirt, who thought it would be funny to throw it on the field.

They brought down three uniformed Chicago police officers along with several white-shirted Sox security people to throw the guy out, and presumably, arrest him.

If only they'd be this strict in the Wrigley Field bleachers.

I actually had a nice time talking to a couple of Sox fans who weren't there just to bait Cub fans, but were actually just rooting for their team, and knowledgeable besides. I also ran into Jesus, sitting in the same section, who I had met during the Sox day game I went to on May 13. I think he was surprised to see me in a Cub shirt, but he wasn't nasty about it. See, there are decent people who are Sox fans, believe it or not...