PDA

View Full Version : Leave Jerrys alone

dimaisback
09-23-2001, 08:20 PM
This team is in DIRE need of a guru hitting coach as well as decent pitching coach. The way things are going, they will promote Pettis out of "sense of loyalty"

Daver
09-23-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by dimaisback
This team is in DIRE need of a guru hitting coach as well as decent pitching coach. The way things are going, they will promote Pettis out of "sense of loyalty"

Cal Eldred is already on the payroll,and available to replace Nardi"the pitcher assasin"Contreas,and hire Walt Hriniak as an adviser to assist Pettis and Harold Baines.
But then again what the hell do I know?

KempersRS
09-23-2001, 08:35 PM

Is this ever going to be added to the sig, it seems worthy.

Iguana775
09-23-2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Is this ever going to be added to the sig, it seems worthy.

it would make sense....but then again, what the hell do i know?? lol. i hope you dont have that copyrighted, daver. :)

Daver
09-24-2001, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

it would make sense....but then again, what the hell do i know?? lol. i hope you dont have that copyrighted, daver.

I was in the process of copyrighting it when FWC stole it.I swear that guy claims all my lines as his own :) :)

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by daver

I was in the process of copyrighting it when FWC stole it.I swear that guy claims all my lines as his own :)Hey, I only used it once! And it was appropriate at the time. :)

GASHWOUND
09-24-2001, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by dimaisback

WHATS WRONG WITH NARDI AND WARD???
I think Nardi has done a good job with the youngest rotation in the AL. Gary Ward has done a better job than Joshua. I think the offense for the team has been MUCH better since he took over. Well, I Know they have. He seems like a guy who demands respect from his players unlike Von. Unless their is someone who you KNOW can do better, I don't see any reason to get rid of him, Ward too.

How things have changed since last year. We want JM OUT and Nardi OUT. Unless we can get Alou, than what difference will it make. Maybe we should give "mental patient" Manuel one more season and see what he does next year with a healthy team.

KempersRS
09-24-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

People dislike Nardi because they trace him to all our injuries.
People dislike Ward because they feel Joshua was screwed (which he was).

Daver
09-24-2001, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

I think Nardi has done a good job with the youngest rotation in the AL. Gary Ward has done a better job than Joshua.

Von Joshua was fired for no reason,Harold,Royce,and Julio cost him his job,and Gary Ward has not really sparked any improvement in anyone other than Royce.

As far as Nardi goes,the reason we have the youngest pitching staff in MLB is because Nardi kills pitchers so fast you have to re-load from the minors on a regular basis.Nardi HAS done a good job of putting pitchers on the DL this year,11 at last count,because he creates an atmosphere that makes these guy's feel that they need to pitch whether it hurts them or not to protect their job.Nardi is a menace that needs to be run out of town under a garbage truck.

KempersRS
09-24-2001, 10:14 PM

Von Joshua was fired for no reason,Harold,Royce,and Julio cost him his job,and Gary Ward has not really sparked any improvement in anyone other than Royce.

As far as Nardi goes,the reason we have the youngest pitching staff in MLB is because Nardi kills pitchers so fast you have to re-load from the minors on a regular basis.Nardi HAS done a good job of putting pitchers on the DL this year,11 at last count,because he creates an atmosphere that makes these guy's feel that they need to pitch whether it hurts them or not to protect their job.Nardi is a menace that needs to be run out of town under a garbage truck.

Lol Daver, I went with the short and sweet approach, got the same message across!

PS-I could use some help defending our 0-2 Vikes in the Parking Lot one of these day!

Daver
09-24-2001, 10:18 PM

Lol Daver, I went with the short and sweet approach, got the same message across!

PS-I could use some help defending our 0-2 Vikes in the Parking Lot one of these day!

I was at the game yesterday,after seeing what I saw they are hard to defend right now.Sorry.

KempersRS
09-24-2001, 10:20 PM

I was at the game yesterday,after seeing what I saw they are hard to defend right now.Sorry.

You've got firearms, people will listen no matter what you tell them! :)

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 10:23 PM
You've got firearms, people will listen no matter what you tell them! :)

Maybe he should loan those firearms to your QB so can shut up your starting recievers. Or just force Robert Smith into coming back.

GASHWOUND
09-24-2001, 11:03 PM

What? I don't think Nardi has anything to do with the string of injuries. Lets review. Fat boy is on the DL because of his back, not his arm. Cal had a history of arm injuries and Nardi had nothing to do with that either. Osuna also had a history of arm injuries with the Dodgers. Not Nardi's fault. The other pitchers on the DL. Nardi's fault? He creates a atmosphere that makes these guys feel like they have to pitch? I don't get that. How is he creating a bad atmosphere? Nardi is a kind and gentle guy and I don't think any players would be intimidated by him. Would you? Unless you are in the clubhouse or the training room no one can really say what kind of atmosphere anyone is creating. I don't know what Nardi is doing that is different than the other MLB ballclubs.
What could he be doing thats different than any other club? I think its just bad luck.

Is it Ward's fault that Von was screwed? Blame that nonsense on JM, not Ward. Isn't his son the Daryl Ward of the Astro's? Just curious.

Daver
09-24-2001, 11:26 PM
Well I can't quote it chapter and verse,but Nardi can and does encourage these young pitchers to pitch hurt,ask Cal Eldred,ask James Baldwin(who had to be shut down in LA for a sore arm),ask Kelly Wunsch,ask Rocky Biddle,and most importantly ask Herm Schneider.

Nardi is a pitcher assasin.