PDA

View Full Version : Why Uribe?

ondafarm
06-27-2004, 07:24 AM
Uribe is hitting all of .222 for June, I'm curious as to why Ozzie leaves him batting in the number two hole. Sure, his average looks good, he was drilling the ball in April and above average in May, but his June has carried the Sox to their current record. Why not bat him lower in the lineup Oz? I'd move Konerko up to fourth as well.

SoxFan76
06-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Hell, I'd say put Valentin at the cleanup spot. At this point, he is much more dangerous than Carlos. Frank needs to see some better pitches to hit. Uribe should take a little break near the bottom of the order. Or let Willie get some more time in at 2nd base. Crede is heating up, Konerko is showing that he is not about to get into another slump, I'd say the offense is in good shape. Willie really needs to break out of this funk. In the meantime, Rowand/Timo should bat leadoff and Carlos should bat second.

What does everybody think about Olivo moving up in the order? It's almost like he bats 9th just because that's what catchers do.

WSox8404
06-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Uribe is hitting all of .222 for June, I'm curious as to why Ozzie leaves him batting in the number two hole. Sure, his average looks good, he was drilling the ball in April and above average in May, but his June has carried the Sox to their current record. Why not bat him lower in the lineup Oz? I'd move Konerko up to fourth as well.
I agree. Put him down in the order until he can turn it around. Nothing wrong with that.