PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Spot Hits SportsCenter

Lip Man 1
06-27-2004, 12:45 AM
As they began showing the Cubs / Sox highlights on the 10PM Mountain time SportsCenter they broke it off to show the 'Sox Pride' spot, complete through the tag about "the mayor likes us better..." both anchors John Anderson and Scott Van Pelt started laughing and Van Pelt said 'I love the marketing idea...'

Then they showed the rest of the game highlights.

Just FYI

Kogs35
06-27-2004, 01:11 AM
As they began showing the Cubs / Sox highlights on the 10PM Mountain time SportsCenter they broke it off to show the 'Sox Pride' spot, complete through the tag about "the mayor likes us better..." both anchors John Anderson and Scott Van Pelt started laughing and Van Pelt said 'I love the marketing idea...'

Just FYI
it was also on the 12am central sportscenter.

Huisj
06-27-2004, 01:26 AM
it was also on the 12am central sportscenter.
yeah, they said something like "genious marketing idea by the sox officials"

inta
06-27-2004, 01:46 AM
at least the national media gets it...

moronotti should take note.

Frankfan4life
06-27-2004, 02:39 AM

Just FYII wish I had seen that. How cool! :smile:

Dadawg_77
06-27-2004, 12:52 PM

Just FYI
Isn't Van Pelt from Chicago?

Tragg
06-27-2004, 01:02 PM
That was the first time I saw the Ad. I liked it- good taste, good humor, clever. If Mornoti doesn't like it it's not suprising- the good humor part inherently escapes him.

SoxBoy14
06-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Isn't Van Pelt from Chicago?
Not sure, but I know Stewart Scott is.

1951Campbell
06-27-2004, 01:42 PM

Just FYI
Sweet!

WSox8404
06-27-2004, 01:48 PM

Just FYI
I am shocked that we didn't get put down because of it. I guess things can change, huh Jay?

Dan H
06-27-2004, 02:40 PM
at least the national media gets it...

moronotti should take note.
As the rest of the Chicago media. Mhy question is why does an out-of-towner get while a local guy is either scratching his head or ripping the ad?

greenpeach
06-27-2004, 02:49 PM
As the rest of the Chicago media. Mhy question is why does an out-of-towner get while a local guy is either scratching his head or ripping the ad?
It's really quite simple. The national media doesn't have an agenda. :D:

thepaulbowski
06-27-2004, 10:04 PM
I don't get it...the local media was clamoring for Veeck. Veeck said he'd take the Cubs on...So Boyer does what Veeck (the media favorite) would have done and it's not the right thing? :?: I just don't get it.

nasox
06-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Sweet!
Don't you mean Booyah?!

TornLabrum
06-27-2004, 10:40 PM
I don't get it...the local media was clamoring for Veeck. Veeck said he'd take the Cubs on...So Boyer does what Veeck (the media favorite) would have done and it's not the right thing? :?: I just don't get it.
The local media have almost all become shills for the Tribune Co.'s marketing department. That's all you need to know to get it.

Hondo
06-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Mike Greenberg was doing the highlight today when it was shown and made what I took as a snide comment by saying

"Well at least they're trying" or something to that effect in a kinda dismissive way.

He did write for the Trib though.

The national media doesn't have an agenda but I do believe that have a very flippant attitude towards the Sox(white).