PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Sunday...

voodoochile
06-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Haven't watched a game in over a week, too busy. Caught the tail end a few nights ago in the chatroom, but Sunday is a big one. Chance to win a series. Chance to smack the flubbies around. Chance to get back to one game out going into the Twinkie series. Chance to shut up all the wussies who don't have the guts and the stones to wear their Sox pride on their sleeves and take a chance on being wrong. Chance for the team to make a statement in a statement game. Chance to give the fans something to cheer for long and hard. I know who my pick to click is, just like always...

:hurt
"Hey Greg, throw ME a changeup..."

Go Sox!

StockdaleForVeep
06-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Haven't watched a game in over a week, too busy. Caught the tail end a few nights ago in the chatroom, but Sunday is a big one. Chance to win a series. Chance to smack the flubbies around. Chance to get back to one game out going into the Twinkie series. Chance to shut up all the wussies who don't have the guts and the stones to wear their Sox pride on their sleeves and take a chance on being wrong. Chance for the team to make a statement in a statement game. Chance to give the fans something to cheer for long and hard. I know who my pick to click is, just like always...

Go Sox!Jim i agree, what with my fathers wake\funeral and just being burnt out, i just havent been in it. Its terrifying how today i just laid in bed and played mvp 2004 as the sox played the cubs today. For some reason the enthusiasm i had for the series isnt there. Eh....once i get back into besuboru mode, thiiiings will return. Then i can go back to my 15 posts a day of just posting pix in threads...LOL

My main pick was

:walnuts
"And people said i didnt have it anymore, ya think my hot wife would still be with me if i DIDNT have it?!"

voodoochile
06-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Jim i agree, what with my fathers wake\funeral and just being burnt out, i just havent been in it. Its terrifying how today i just laid in bed and played mvp 2004 as the sox played the cubs today. For some reason the enthusiasm i had for the series isnt there. Eh....once i get back into besuboru mode, thiiiings will return. Then i can go back to my 15 posts a day of just posting pix in threads...LOL

My main pick was

"And people said i didnt have it anymore, ya think my hot wife would still be with me if i DIDNT have it?!"
Fixed your tag in my quote. It's walunts, not paulie - it's a Soprano's reference.

It will take a long time to "get back in the groove" if my experience is anything normal. Good luck and hang in there. Sometimes there truly are more important things than baseball.

cheeses_h_rice
06-27-2004, 12:38 AM
I've been to maybe 60% of the Sox/Flubs games at Comiskey since interleague play started in '97, and I would have to rank this particular series as probably the least "heated" of any of them. To me, it was almost like playing just any other team, except when I would be reminded by some newbie in a freshly-bought Prior jersey near me. I was telling my friend as we were leaving the park that I just don't despise most of the Flubs players like I have in the past. Really, only Sham-ME*, Wood, Prior (and maybe Zambrano and Alou) are really hate-worthy.

StockdaleForVeep
06-27-2004, 12:39 AM
Fixed your tag in my quote. It's walunts, not paulie - it's a Soprano's reference.

It will take a long time to "get back in the groove" if my experience is anything normal. Good luck and hang in there. Sometimes there truly are more important things than baseball.
Thx for the fix but u musta replied as i edited my post so all good anyhow. Heh, nothin is bigger than baseball

"Baseball has brought fathas and sons together for millions of years!"

MRKARNO
06-27-2004, 12:42 AM
I've been to maybe 60% of the Sox/Flubs games at Comiskey since interleague play started in '97, and I would have to rank this particular series as probably the least "heated" of any of them. To me, it was almost like playing just any other team, except when I would be reminded by some newbie in a freshly-bought Prior jersey near me. I was telling my friend as we were leaving the park that I just don't despise most of the Flubs players like I have in the past. Really, only Sham-ME*, Wood, Prior (and maybe Zambrano and Alou) are really hate-worthy.
There were really no high leverage moments in this game; the Cubs put the tying run at the plate only once, I believe. After the two home runs there was really no drama at all, which is a good thing because it means our bullpen just shut em down.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-27-2004, 12:46 AM
i'm going through the same exact thing. I had to move because of what happened and I finally got tv/internet so it's taking a while to get caught up. it just isn't the same without my dad to talk to about the white sox and the series isnt the same because I remembered how much fun my dad and I had last year at the 2 games we attended last year vs the cubs when the sox won in dramatic fashion. go sox and win one tomorrow!

StockdaleForVeep
06-27-2004, 03:39 AM
I always find 1 scrub player i do like, i admire pee manos' skill and power, he is a scarier hitter, much scarrier than corky ever was. Before pee manos, i was a bellhorn fan, took out corkster and was a fine switch hittin fielder.

I dunno, maybe the urinal series will boost my enthusiasm thinkin all dem scrub fans are gonna cry.

Mohoney
06-27-2004, 03:58 AM

Go Sox!

Voodoo, I think that Saturday was the statement game. Having a AAA kid get his first win against a bona fide All-Star is a HUGE statement.

I see Sunday as an absolute dogfight between two guys that are both going to throw absolute gems.

Sunday's game will probably go extra innings, tied at either 2 or 3.

Mohoney
06-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Jim i agree, what with my fathers wake\funeral and just being burnt out, i just havent been in it. Its terrifying how today i just laid in bed and played mvp 2004 as the sox played the cubs today. For some reason the enthusiasm i had for the series isnt there. Eh....once i get back into besuboru mode, thiiiings will return. Then i can go back to my 15 posts a day of just posting pix in threads...LOL

My main pick was

Good luck and God Bless, Stockdale. When my mom passed on October 3rd, 2000, I found it hard to even give a passing thought on the team (or anything else, for that matter). When my dad passed on May 10, 2003, I found it even harder.

I know firsthand that what I say on an Internet chatboard can never even come close to helping you through this tragedy, but please know (and I think that I can reasonably speak for every poster on this site) that you're in our prayers.

God Bless you and your family in these trying times. Just try and remember that your dad is in a much better place than we can possibly fathom, and that you'll see him again in the blink of an eye. He'll be waiting with open arms for you.