PDA

View Full Version : Cork Soundclips during Sosa BP?

BLRMKRdave
06-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Anyone see Sosa hit BP this Sat. afternoon? The Score was reporting that after he made contact with every ball the Sox PA played a 'Cork' soundbyte. Is this true? If so freakin' hilarious.....I forgot who the hosts were, but one thought it was bush league of the Sox to do this and the other one who was a Cubs fan that it was great (good for the rivalry).:D:

gobears1987
06-26-2004, 11:27 PM
I heard something on post-game how Flub fans were pissed about "cork" sounds made during batting practice. If it's true I find it hilarious. Here is a favorite pic.

http://blogs.linux.ie/xeer/images/inspection.jpg

Tragg
06-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Why did we restrict it to BP?

Play those sounds every time his name his announced for an at bat.

Did the crowd chant "Sam Me Cheats"?

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-26-2004, 11:40 PM
I wonder if that's the same guy that does the player intro music because I know him.

StillMissOzzie
06-27-2004, 01:44 AM
Anyone see Sosa hit BP this Sat. afternoon? The Score was reporting that after he made contact with every ball the Sox PA played a 'Cork' soundbyte. Is this true? If so freakin' hilarious.....I forgot who the hosts were, but one thought it was bush league of the Sox to do this and the other one who was a Cubs fan that it was great (good for the rivalry).:D:
Yes, my son and I heard these, and we thought it was hysterical! I couldn't tell if it was from the PA or some other popgun-type sound by someone in the stands, but it was heard!

SMO
:D: