PDA

View Full Version : Another parking question

soxtalker
06-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Just got a call from a friend who offered me an extra ticket to next Friday's game. Only stipulation is that I drive. Now, I haven't been to Wrigley in over 30 years, so I'm not quite sure of the best way to get there from the NW suburbs. I sometimes drive and sometimes take the blue line to red line to get to the Cell. My friend suggested driving to Fullerton stop on Red Line, parking on the street, and taking the subway to the park. Any thoughts?

jabrch
06-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Just got a call from a friend who offered me an extra ticket to next Friday's game. Only stipulation is that I drive. Now, I haven't been to Wrigley in over 30 years, so I'm not quite sure of the best way to get there from the NW suburbs. I sometimes drive and sometimes take the blue line to red line to get to the Cell. My friend suggested driving to Fullerton stop on Red Line, parking on the street, and taking the subway to the park. Any thoughts?
My suggestion is to get there early - and park somewhere west of Wrigley or to not even go as far as Fullerton (go to Rogers Park somewhere) and take the RedLine.

havelj
06-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Go on Kennedy to Cumberland stop - just past O'Hare - and park there. Then take Blue Line to city and transfer to Red Line.

johnny bench
06-26-2004, 09:12 PM
If you are driving either the Kennedy or LSD, make sure you exit at Irving Park, not Addison.

Parking: look for main street parking on Southport or Irving.

Remember that the strictest limits on side street parking are for night games. Look carefully at the signs on the side streets (just like in Bridgeport)

Lastly, since you are from the NW burbs, the following is from the Cubs web site:

For those fans in the Northwest Suburbs, you can take the Cubs Roundtripper bus non-stop to Wrigley Field. You can park for FREE at Pace's Northwest Transportation Center (NWTC) in Schaumburg and you will arrive at the park relaxed and ready to cheer on the Cubs. The Cubs Roundtripper is $7.50 per person roundtrip (exact cash fare is required on the bus). Groups of 6 or more can purchase tickets for just $5 each. The bus will operate during all evening, weekend and holiday games, as well as to Friday games in June, July and August. Call 847-228-2416 for more information.

JB

StillMissOzzie
06-27-2004, 02:20 AM
For those fans in the Northwest Suburbs, you can take the Cubs Roundtripper bus non-stop to Wrigley Field. You can park for FREE at Pace's Northwest Transportation Center (NWTC) in Schaumburg and you will arrive at the park relaxed and ready to cheer on the Cubs. The Cubs Roundtripper is $7.50 per person roundtrip (exact cash fare is required on the bus). Groups of 6 or more can purchase tickets for just $5 each. The bus will operate during all evening, weekend and holiday games, as well as to Friday games in June, July and August. Call 847-228-2416 for more information.

JB
Just to expand a bit on johnny bench's excellent heist of Scrub info: The Northwest Transportation Center is just south of the Woodfield mall, and just north of Higgins Rd. IMHO, either the $7.50 package they offer or the Park at the Rosemont Blue Line stop ($1.50 parking + $3.50 blue line round trip = $5.00) are viable options, whichever makes for the shorter drive, particularly if you choose to imbibe responsibly.

SMO
:gulp:

soxtalker
06-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm leaning toward parking at Cumberland, taking the blue line, and either going downtown or transferring to a bus at Addison. (The bus from Schaumburg is a great suggestion, but we might want to get something to eat in the city after the game.) However, let me ask one more question about the Fullerton option (preference of my friend). I've heard that parking around the park has become much more restricted in the past year or so. Add to that the full attendance. Would this affect parking down at Fullerton?

DrummerGeorgefan
06-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Here is my suggestion, if you can leave early enough. I live near Racine and Newport and there is a few block radius where you do not need parking stickers. I believe the zone runs from Addison to Belmont, from Racine to Southport. Many people see the LV-2 signs restricting night game parking and dont park there. Also, if you get here early enough, you can usually finds spots between 9-12 on game days as people have left spots open when they go to work.

Just a suggestion. Hope you have fun and root on the Sox

HomeFish
06-27-2004, 10:42 AM
I love sorta out by the Cumberland Blue Line stop and have parked there many times. You'll never find cheaper parking -- $1.75.