PDA

View Full Version : The Second Coming?

Philo-Sox-er
06-26-2004, 04:14 PM
I really hope KW isn't this stupid:

The White Sox, Yankees, and Astros are believed to have expressed some interest in Roberto Alomar.
The White Sox should have learned their lesson about Alomar last year, and are already having a hard time finding enough at-bats for Willie Harris and Juan Uribe. The only team where he might be viewed as an upgrade is the Yankees, but why should they take the chance when Miguel Cairo is hitting .291? Jun. 26 - 9:37 am et
From rotoworld.com

SEALgep
06-26-2004, 04:29 PM
I seriously question our interest.

Brian26
06-26-2004, 04:41 PM
I was 100% solidly behind the acquisition of Robbie last year. I think he played nicely on defense and was a huge upgrade over headcase Jiminez. However, he was mediocre on offense and didn't really look as fired up as I would have liked on offense (especially considering the fact he was going from a terrible team to a contender that had his brother on it).

I don't think there's any chance we would pick up Alomar at this point. Uribe is really becoming a nice 2nd baseman.

RKMeibalane
06-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Uhhhh... no. Alomar is way past his prime. That, combined with the fact that he never really wanted be in Chicago in the first place, means that the Sox shouldn't bother with him. They already have enough guys who can play second base- players who have worked hard and deserve playing time. And I seriously doubt that Alomar can provide the Sox with anything that Harris and Uribe can't.

DickAllen72
06-26-2004, 11:10 PM
This makes sense only if the Sox are going to trade one of their infielders for pitching. Robbie wouldn't start, but would be a useful backup infielder/pinch runner.

iwannago
06-27-2004, 12:24 PM
I would not put it past KW to make this move.

manuelsucks
06-27-2004, 12:29 PM
This would be a stupid move. We have (IMO) 2 solid second basemen in Uribe and Harris. There would be no reason to get Alomar, unless he plays for free and we can have a 26 man roster.

WSox8404
06-27-2004, 12:39 PM
This would be the dumbest trade of the year. Especially with him being hurt and all.