PDA

View Full Version : Think the Boss is unhappy?

Viva Magglio
06-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Mets 8, Yankees 2 (Top 4th)

Surely, George Steinbrenner's box is not a happy place right now.

Now if only Jerry Reinsdorf would feel the same passion whenever the Cubs do something similar to us. Well, he does get disappointed in all fairness. But he certainly does not have Steinbrenner's passion for winning.

Jerry_Manuel
06-26-2004, 03:03 PM
I've been watching this game, sounds very much like a Mets crowd. There's been a few "Lets go Mets" chants.

RKMeibalane
06-26-2004, 10:26 PM
I've been watching this game, sounds very much like a Mets crowd. There's been a few "Lets go Mets" chants.
I watched the game, too. It seemed like there were more Mets fans in attendance, as I rarely heard anything when a member of the Yankees did something positive. The place went absolutely nuts after Cliff Floyd's home run to make it 9-3.

The Mets are probably my favorite National League team. I don't know why, but I've always been intrigued by the team, probably becuase so many strange things have happened in the forty two years the franchise has existed.

cheeses_h_rice
06-27-2004, 12:11 AM
I think the Yankees' .634 winning percentage and 5 game lead over the BoSox will comfort King George after today's game...

That said, from a Mets fan perspective, how Sox-like must it be to be a .500 team yet within a few games of first place in a surprisingly mediocre division this year? I seriously thought the Phils, Braves and Marlins would be vying for the division, with the Mets as an afterthought.

chisox56
06-27-2004, 09:46 PM
I saw a highlight for the game and they showed a fan who had a sign that said we love jetter with that spelling on the sign.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-27-2004, 10:07 PM
i bet he is pissed now too that garcia is off the market

Kogs35
06-27-2004, 10:11 PM
i bet he is pissed now too that garcia is off the market
im sure he would really be pissed if we got ortiz.