PDA

View Full Version : 2nd place / Chicago bragging rights

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2001, 04:54 PM
The Sox are now just 1 game behind the Twinks, and 3.5 "back" of the Flubs for Chicago bragging rights, record-wise.

:moron

Now I feel better for having given the Sox and Cubs such even coverage this year. I knew all along the Sox were a pretty good team.

Daver
09-23-2001, 06:53 PM
Second place is still the first loser last time I checked.

GASHWOUND
09-24-2001, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
The Sox are now just 1 game behind the Twinks, and 3.5 "back" of the Flubs for Chicago bragging rights, record-wise.

:moron

Now I feel better for having given the Sox and Cubs such even coverage this year. I knew all along the Sox were a pretty good team.

Why did you post a picture of "The Beave" up there? These kids actors always grow big and fat. Don't they.

If we finish with a equal or better record than the SCrubs we Sox fans won't stick it in their face..Nooooo

(HaaaHaaahaa :)

Iwritecode
09-24-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by daver

Acutally that's only true in racing. In baseball, and most other sports for that matter, second place is the last loser. Especially when you are eliminated from the playoffs on the last day of the season. (i.e. Cleveland last year)

voodoochile
09-24-2001, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by daver

Guess the ViQueens won't have to worry about that problem this year... They'll be fighting for 4th from the looks of things. I know, lets huddle up for a minute and then run a fake punt from our own 46 with 7 minutes to go in a tie game. It's 4th and a foot, so let's not snap it to the up back and try to run it, nooooo we should let Mitch "golden arm" Berger throw the football... he's a stud who would be a QB if only he didn't have that shotgun attached to his hip. Hey, to top it off, we can run such a slow developing play that everyone on the team will be illegally down field... Can I sign "the genius", Dennis Green to coach the Bears next year? Please? *****!!!

As to the Sox... Second would be great right now. First would have been better, but beating the Twinkies would be a great way to round out the season. Sox need to have something to build off of for next year. If they can finish well above .500, finish in 2nd AND get some revenge on the Twinkies it will help set them up mentally for next year, IMO.

Is it what we wanted? No. Is it time to give up and bag it? No. Maybe play a few more kids (especially Crede), but in general, the Sox fight back from the depths of May is a great story... If we were in the NLE, we'd be fighting for the crown. Props to Cleveland, who looked ready to fold in July and August and got it done when they had to against the best in the league...