PDA

View Full Version : Do you find it strange that.......

Mickster
06-26-2004, 11:37 AM
.......there has been no recent mention of Magg's condition by the Sox, the media or anyone. We used to get Maggs updates on the radio (that he has been hitting in the batting cages, that he's been running the bases, doing sliding drills, etc..) and even had Maggs state that he wanted to play for the Cleveland series this past Tuesday. Since then......nothing????? :?:

mcfish
06-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Where's the "Magglio Watch" in the Tribune?

HITMEN OF 77
06-26-2004, 06:28 PM
There was an update on the White Sox homepage a few days back, also talked about his contract and how he wants to stay here.

SEALgep
06-26-2004, 06:30 PM
There's something on the site right now, and they talked about it in pregame.

Jjav829
06-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Walker says he ran well before the game today but there is still some pain. He says tomorrow is a big day and will determine if they move him forward some more.

Flight #24
06-26-2004, 09:28 PM
.......there has been no recent mention of Magg's condition by the Sox, the media or anyone. We used to get Maggs updates on the radio (that he has been hitting in the batting cages, that he's been running the bases, doing sliding drills, etc..) and even had Maggs state that he wanted to play for the Cleveland series this past Tuesday. Since then......nothing????? :?:
Why would the Trib want to be focusing coverage on a guy that's not going to be involved in today's game?:kukoo: :angry: :cuss:

RKMeibalane
06-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Earlier in the week, Ozzie told reporters that he's sick of talking about the Maggs situation. It looks like people have backed off, as Ordonez will be back in the lineup when he's ready, and not before that.

hsnterprize
06-26-2004, 09:58 PM
.......there has been no recent mention of Magg's condition by the Sox, the media or anyone. We used to get Maggs updates on the radio (that he has been hitting in the batting cages, that he's been running the bases, doing sliding drills, etc..) and even had Maggs state that he wanted to play for the Cleveland series this past Tuesday. Since then......nothing????? :?:Here's an "unofficial Maggs Watch" update for you...Ozzie said after the game that Maggs is running well, and he's still being looked at. There's no exact word on when he'll be back in the lineup, but he's doing well.

StockdaleForVeep
06-26-2004, 10:19 PM
AP report from todays game stated mags took BP today before the game. Anyone know if hes done his slide drills yet?

Perhaps we can roid him up to be babe ruth and he can just hit some dingers and have pinch runners take over after he touched the 1st bag :)

doublem23
06-26-2004, 10:23 PM
IIRC, there was an article in the Tribune a few days ago that said Maggs was hitting pretty solidly, but was still having trouble running, due to the scar tissue left by the surgery. No word on how this will effect his return. I'll provide a link sometime later. Right now I am on my brother's laptop (this wireless internet is the ****) and I don't remember my password for the Tribune's site.

StockdaleForVeep
06-26-2004, 11:25 PM
IIRC, there was an article in the Tribune a few days ago that said Maggs was hitting pretty solidly, but was still having trouble running, due to the scar tissue left by the surgery. No word on how this will effect his return. I'll provide a link sometime later. Right now I am on my brother's laptop (this wireless internet is the ****) and I don't remember my password for the Tribune's site.
Problem solved, make him become barry bonds and only hit dingers, then he can moonwalk the basebaths to preserve his knee(dunno if this should be teal, cuz if magz did become barry bonds i would dearly love this to happen)