PDA

View Full Version : diaz

soxpride1983
06-26-2004, 12:31 PM
all i have to say is diaz better have the game of a life time infront of 40000 plus sox and cubs fans dont blow this one diaz.

Mickster
06-26-2004, 12:32 PM
all i have to say is diaz better have the game of a life time infront of 40000 plus sox and cubs fans dont blow this one diaz.
Yeah. No Pressure at all. :(:

MRKARNO
06-26-2004, 12:35 PM
If he goes out there with an attitude of: "I have nothing to lose based on what happened in my last two starts. No one is expecting me to win based on what I did previously and what Zambrano has done this year. I'm just going to make good pitches and not try to outhink myself," then I think he'll do just fine today.

SEALgep
06-26-2004, 12:40 PM
If he goes out there with an attitude of: "I have nothing to lose based on what happened in my last two starts. No one is expecting me to win based on what I did previously and what Zambrano has done this year. I'm just going to make good pitches and not try to outhink myself," then I think he'll do just fine today.That's all I want from him. Bring your stuff, and if Zambrano is better today, so be it. But don't hang your curve and put it right there for them. If they hit good pitches, I'll be okay with that.

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 12:43 PM
That's all I want from him. Bring your stuff, and if Zambrano is better today, so be it. But don't hang your curve and put it right there for them. If they hit good pitches, I'll be okay with that.
he won't be pitching a perfect game so what we need to win is a HUGE offensive game. 8+ runs and a heck of a performance from our pen.

havelj
06-26-2004, 01:00 PM
How 'bout a little piece of Wilson Alvarez when he tossed a no-hitter at the O's in one of his first MLB starts?

:bandance:

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 01:03 PM
How 'bout a little piece of Wilson Alvarez when he tossed a no-hitter at the O's in one of his first MLB starts?

:bandance:
that would be nice, but wasn't it texas that he threw it against? i thought i remember thinking how he threw it against a team that had him first.

WinningUgly!
06-26-2004, 01:24 PM
that would be nice, but wasn't it texas that he threw it against? i thought i remember thinking how he threw it against a team that had him first.
That was against Baltimore.

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 01:33 PM
That was against Baltimore.
well i stand corrected, but was he at least with the rangers before the sox? i thought he was with one team for a couple starts, then sent down and a couple years later surfaced with the sox.

owensmouth
06-26-2004, 01:36 PM
The Sox got him from Texas, where he had made one appearance without getting anybody out in a relief role.

His first start was with the White Sox when he no hit Baltimore.

WinningUgly!
06-26-2004, 01:37 PM
well i stand corrected, but was he at least with the rangers before the sox? i thought he was with one team for a couple starts, then sent down and a couple years later surfaced with the sox.
Yes, Alvarez came up in the Rangers' system. I believe he started a game or two the year before they traded him to the Sox, along with Sammy Sosa & Scott Fletcher for Harold Baines & Fred Manrique.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Well dudes, all i can say is good luck to diaz. I hope he doesnt blow it. But what i really wanna see is the Maddox/Loiza game. Sunday should be awsome.

GO LOIZA

WinningUgly!
06-26-2004, 01:41 PM
The Sox got him from Texas, where he had made one appearance without getting anybody out in a relief role.

His first start was with the White Sox when he no hit Baltimore.
According to this, he started the game that he appeared in with the Rangers.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/alvarwi01.shtml

WinningUgly!
06-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Diaz will dominate the sCrUBS. You heard it here 1st!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Diaz will dominate the sCrUBS. You heard it here 1st!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:
man i hope youre right

WinningUgly!
06-26-2004, 07:11 PM
man i hope youre right
Close enough to domination for me! :gulp: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Blob
06-26-2004, 09:28 PM
That was a great first MLB win for him!

johnny_mostil
06-26-2004, 09:46 PM
According to this, he started the game that he appeared in with the Rangers.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/alvarwi01.shtml
That is true. He was being showcased for the White Sox scouts not long before the Baines deal -- or at least that was the story here in Big D.

WhiteSox = Life
06-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Way to go, Diaz! How'd you do it, man?

http://www.diamondcomics.com/update/500-599/539/felix_red_shirt.jpg
"Whenever Sox are in a fix, I just reach into my bag of tricks."

MRKARNO
06-26-2004, 10:20 PM
If he goes out there with an attitude of: "I have nothing to lose based on what happened in my last two starts. No one is expecting me to win based on what I did previously and what Zambrano has done this year. I'm just going to make good pitches and not try to outhink myself," then I think he'll do just fine today.
Well He did just that today. Excellent job coming up from AAA and being able to deliver a quality start in front of a sell out crowd against the Cubs